Login

russian armor

Any word from Relic?

16 Oct 2014, 08:32 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Things HAVE been better and there used to be less bugs and issues before WFA.

Pre-WFA the game was in a good place, and it had taken a while to get there.

Compared to where we are post-WFA with where we are now we would be in the dark days of unstoppable Tiger Aces and Windustry

I don't think the game is as bad as that right now
16 Oct 2014, 10:50 AM

I thought that they had different teams for Balance and other content :nahnah::crazy::rofl::hyper:
16 Oct 2014, 11:02 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

they have the balance entertainment and the bug designer team :D
16 Oct 2014, 11:15 AM

they have the balance entertainment and the bug designer team :D
]

That would explain why comic and a troll is a balance designer and why we always get so many new "features" with each patch.

My favorite one so far is the teamwork of both teams, where representative of one have said that he hates units stopping for using abilities and the other one implementing a feature where all units stop for using abilities, even infantry that never did before and armor that is supposed to not stop when using theirs. :snfPeter:
Vaz
16 Oct 2014, 11:40 AM

whoever designed the bug to make units stop when exploded on needs a promotion. It's genius.
16 Oct 2014, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2014, 11:40 AMVaz
whoever designed the bug to make units stop when exploded on needs a promotion. It's genius.

Its called immersion and its intended, it was like that in coh1 as well, all infantry units will drop on the ground when why will be in the aoe of explosion. Its together with cover seeking its there to put emphasis on you commanding actual soldiers instead of SC2/C&C cyborgs.
16 Oct 2014, 13:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2014, 08:19 AMCruzz
Had "the community" really been asking for it?
I'd say so. It's like the most requested feature in coh history that I can think of.

I realize that Relic as a relatively small developer does not have the resources to do everything, which is why I dislike it when those resources are used on a very marginal feature like this.
It doesn't seem marginal to me. I think this is a feature that any modern competitive game is going to need.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2014, 11:56 AMKatitof
Its called immersion and its intended, it was like that in coh1 as well, all infantry units will drop on the ground when why will be in the aoe of explosion. Its together with cover seeking its there to put emphasis on you commanding actual soldiers instead of SC2/C&C cyborgs.
I can't tell if you're joking or not. He means units like tanks and stuff will just stop moving. He's not referring to 'reactions' to explosions and flames.
16 Oct 2014, 13:34 PM
Donator 11

Ah yes, that would work

You mean when they streamed Observer Mode, which "The Community" had been asking for for ever, and next to no one appreciated that and wanted to talk about balance and bugs?

Or when everyone complained about PTW commanders, so they made everything go by random drop in war spoils and people complained about that too?

Things could be better, but I understand that "The Community" is fickle and entitled, and, to be blunt, doesn't represent most players

This
16 Oct 2014, 13:40 PM
Donator 11

Obs mode is not a marginal thing. By the sound of it Relic is gonna implement observer spots on random ladder matches from the menu. This is just the way CS:GO did it and that game was nearly a year old and playernumbers where pathetic low then they made the spectator mode and a loot system and now CS:GO is one of the top played steam games and has been for a long time.
16 Oct 2014, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2014, 13:28 PMRomeo
I can't tell if you're joking or not. He means units like tanks and stuff will just stop moving. He's not referring to 'reactions' to explosions and flames.

Oh, that.
Hard to know what people talk about if they aren't explaining it.

But since its a bug, its safe to say to not keep the hopes up for fix.
16 Oct 2014, 14:04 PM
Donator 11

I actually like their OBS mode tbh, I'm glad they are adding this feature and its a big step forward. Regardless I feel like they should still communicate better. The game balance would be ok with not monthly patches if the balance was closer, but its dreadful. Majority of the times, regardless of faction played, the game is filled with bugs and bull**** moments.

Maybe CoH2 would benefit from a CTE or a weekly patch with small adjustments. Overtime they could space the patches out as the game balance gets closer and close. I know this will hurt the "long time strategies" but the game in the current state is unplayable.

I want this game to get big, be competitive, be the go too for RTS's, with these balance issues and lack of dev communications it wont ever be that game.
16 Oct 2014, 14:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2014, 14:04 PMMittens
I actually like their OBS mode tbh, I'm glad they are adding this feature and its a big step forward. Regardless I feel like they should still communicate better. The game balance would be ok with not monthly patches if the balance was closer, but its dreadful. Majority of the times, regardless of faction played, the game is filled with bugs and bull**** moments.

Maybe CoH2 would benefit from a CTE or a weekly patch with small adjustments. Overtime they could space the patches out as the game balance gets closer and close. I know this will hurt the "long time strategies" but the game in the current state is unplayable.

I want this game to get big, be competitive, be the go too for RTS's, with these balance issues and lack of dev communications it wont ever be that game.

You know what is kinda sad? Relic isn't even a developer juggernaut like Bioware or Bethesda, and yet they don't have the communication and interaction of a smaller studio.
16 Oct 2014, 14:29 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2014, 14:18 PMNinjaWJ

You know what is kinda sad? Relic isn't even a developer juggernaut like Bioware or Bethesda, and yet they don't have the communication and interaction of a smaller studio.

they really aren't that small though, according to their Linkedin they have around 131 employees. There is no way they have all of those devoted to AA expansion and OBS mode. They certainly have some sort of manpower devoted to reading though all of this. I just don't understand why they wont say anything.

The worst is that in their twitch streams they hardly answer the big questions. The stream where they got trolled is a great example of how disconnected they are with the community and the state of the game.
16 Oct 2014, 15:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2014, 08:19 AMCruzz

Had "the community" really been asking for it?

They had an in-game poll about it a while back. I'm guessing it came pretty high on the list.
16 Oct 2014, 17:50 PM
Patrion 27

Pre-WFA the game was in a good place, and it had taken a while to get there.

Compared to where we are post-WFA with where we are now we would be in the dark days of unstoppable Tiger Aces and Windustry

I don't think the game is as bad as that right now

Maybe I'm donning the rose-tinted glasses here, but right before WFA I was playing mp matches with some of the oldbloods like Twister, DanielD and Ipkai lots of others on my friends list and the overall sentiment was that the game was more fun than ever after Elbe Day update and balance was looking quite good (maybe a bit in favor of Soviet.)

Now none of them play the game AT ALL. My primary 2v2 partner just plays Elder Scrolls now even though he has more logged hours than anyone I've seen because of the rampant bugs in the game right now.

What's weird to me is, Relic has the philosophy of balancing the game from early game up to late game (still coming) and I think it has worked quite well but they don't seem to mirror that philosophy when it comes to functionality coming before observer mode. Confusing to be honest.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★