Login

russian armor

Pathetic Anti-Aircraft Capability.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
15 Oct 2014, 04:16 AM

You were better off building one 251/7 flak halftrack. :/

Whether the flak emplacements are dedicated Anti Air is highly debatable.
15 Oct 2014, 04:26 AM

Permanently Banned
Funfact: There are ZERO dedicated strictly Anti-Air units in CoH2. Every unit that can shoot down planes can also shoot down ground targets.

Edit: Butterfingers posted it before me :/
15 Oct 2014, 04:27 AM

I feel like the OKW should have no AA at all since the ALlies dominated the skies by late 1944
15 Oct 2014, 04:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 04:27 AMNinjaWJ
I feel like the OKW should have no AA at all since the ALlies dominated the skies by late 1944

Dominating the skies doesn't mean that there's no FlaK cannons on the ground shooting at you.

Also seeing as the 2cm FlaK cannon for its cost only really shoots the ground and doesn't actually hit infantry. It might just be better to increase their overall effectiveness at shooting down aircraft, since you know, that's what they were DESIGNED TO DO.
15 Oct 2014, 04:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 04:13 AMSierra
Wow @ all the nerd rage in here.

I'm strictly commenting on the DEDICATED Anti-Aircraft Batteries not doing their jobs effectively at all.

There's something seriously wrong if suggesting that something is not working correctly for the Germans gets such a strong backlash from the "Pro-Allies" camp of nerds.

Strictly speaking the 37mm Fleigerabwehrkanonne and the 20mm Fleigerabwehrkanonne The base and the DOCTRINAL defensive positions (Luftwaffe Ground Forces & Fortifications Doctrines) That cost manpower + fuel and popcap DO NOT WORK or do their jobs.

Seriously, if any of you think you are not being biased by having such obvious nerd rage towards the suggestion that these things aren't doing their jobs well, then you probably should not be throwing any stones in that glass house of yours.

And?

Any anti-air that the base flaks do is a pure bonus. No other faction has anti-air in their base. Even if it brings down one plane in 10 matches (and I'm positive it's better than that), it's still one more plane than the base defense of any other factions ever will. I'm pretty sure they are not meant as dedicated AA anyway, that would be too big of an advantage given to OKW (as if they need it). You want dedicated AA, build the decicated AA unit, and enjoy the fact that, unlike Ostheer and Soviets, you don't have to pay an arm and a leg to get it.

The doctrinal flak emplacement does suck, true. But it's not really a specific issue given how many doctrinal ability in the game suck balls on both sides. And the T4 building more than makes up for it.

Also, the biggest glass house of them all is using the term ''nerd rage'' when you're on the forum of a WW2 video game. Every single person in here is a born and bred nerd. Not to mention jumping on strawmen when several posters have given actual feedback doesn't bode well for your credibility, and I daresay you need all the help you can get in that department.
15 Oct 2014, 04:37 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 04:30 AMSierra
Also seeing as the 2cm FlaK cannon for its cost only really shoots the ground and doesn't actually hit infantry.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 04:30 AMSierra
doesn't actually hit infantry

wut

srsly

wut
15 Oct 2014, 05:50 AM

I love to play Lend-Lease Tactics.
Access to both M5 HT and medium tanks through call-ins, dat fancy pintle MG on M4C Sherman, y'know... MG weapon team even if I choose to tech T1.

Unfortunately, when there are at least one OKW player, I forced to play only with 4 abilities. If base defence flaks don't shoot my fuel airdrop plane, then T4 will do.
15 Oct 2014, 06:03 AM

WHAT!?!?! OKW flak KILLS EVERYTHING!!!!
i saw OKW base defences melting shermans and jacksons lol (not full health of course but still .. )
15 Oct 2014, 06:27 AM

I think AA overall (not just for OKW) feels like an unfinished mechanic. It doesn't feel consistent enough nor does it feel rewarding if you actually focus on AA units. It kinda feels like something they put in but never bothered to finish establishing but thought 'yeah that's good enough'.

What someone said earlier about there being a 5% chance to actually shoot down the plane without their being any health makes so much sense. That's exactly what it feels like - imo it really shouldn't be this.
15 Oct 2014, 06:29 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 06:27 AMGTTV
I think AA overall (not just for OKW) feels like an unfinished mechanic. It doesn't feel consistent enough nor does it feel rewarding if you actually focus on AA units. It kinda feels like something they put in but never bothered to finish establishing but thought 'yeah that's good enough'.

What someone said earlier about there being a 5% chance to actually shoot down the plane without their being any health makes so much sense. That's exactly what it feels like - imo it really shouldn't be this.

I agree, in addition to perhaps some more advanced airplane controls, to counter such anti-air improvements so skill can be applied from both sides of the fight.
15 Oct 2014, 06:30 AM

WHAT!?!?! OKW flak KILLS EVERYTHING!!!!

Yep, everything on foot and scares away anything on weels up to medium armor. But its AA capabilities are rather questionable. Maybe its anti-armor power should be tone down a bit, while its AA capabilities should be increased.
15 Oct 2014, 06:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I've come to the conclusion that those fixed AA installations are a total noob trap:

1) They cost fuel and pop cap

2) Will often hit the ground unless you position them just right

3) Get captured and used against you

My heart usually sinks when I see a teammate building them
15 Oct 2014, 06:44 AM

Just in case if someone missed it...

15 Oct 2014, 06:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 06:30 AMJohnnyB

Yep, everything on foot and scares away anything on weels up to medium armor. But its AA capabilities are rather questionable. Maybe its anti-armor power should be tone down a bit, while its AA capabilities should be increased.

Why not just make AA vs AT a toggle?

That way it'll still perform but it can only do one at a time based on toggle, that way there is a trade-off and something that it can be vulnerable to.
15 Oct 2014, 06:48 AM

I just hate the Flak Truck because you can't do anything to it unless you blind-fire or have a medium tank or stronger, because it can see and shoot recon units at their max range, making you unable to spot it for AT gun snipes.

If there are any buildings near by (okw like to hide trucks around corners..), jump troops in which obviously provides good vision, the flak truck is pretty rubbish at killing garrisoned troops. Plenty of time to get a couple ATG or whatever on it.
15 Oct 2014, 06:48 AM
Patrion 14

Just in case if someone missed it...

#esports
15 Oct 2014, 06:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 01:52 AMVaz
I'm seriously tired of that truck. It's a 37mm cannon it uses right? Yet it goes through medium armor frequently. It is not only effective at kiling infantry but suppresses them too and it outranges them! It's just too effective against all targets for what you pay for it. It should at least be changed to not penetrate frontal medium armor (yes even the jackson).

As for shitty okw air defense. Yes it should be shitty, because you pay 0 for those defenses. There is also not much of a premium price on that tech building either, if you compare it to other good AA in the game. All the others have significant costs.

The mobile flak truck is the only thing that should be knocking out low flying planes for okw (non-doctrinal). The defensive position you can place should have a better ability than the base defenses though, but I doubt it's that way already(because extra work).

It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't bugged and fired well outside of it's radius.
15 Oct 2014, 07:11 AM

I like the toggle idea for the Flak truck. I play a lot of OKW, and it does seem to under perform when shooting at planes. I want my damn 88 again from vCoH. That thing never missed lol.

And yeah those small flak emplacements are worthless. I cringe as well when my mates use them.
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 47
unknown 7
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L