Login

russian armor

If you can't get advante early game ?

14 Oct 2014, 20:31 PM
Donator 22

Hi everyone, i'll need some advise.

In a 2v2 perspective how can you turn the tide if you got a bad and unlucky early game,being pushed back your side , don't have any fuel control or anything ?

Don't have problems when no one have advantage but when you're being pushed back to base by a good microed kubel(and then heavy volks blob with shrecks ) or MG 42 ? I tried everything I got in hand

Lieut and M20 is great but useless if I saw that OKW go for a puma (like 100 % when they got heavy map control), .50 cal can't really do the job when you got permanantly manpower drained by your riflemens. Half track is a good tool unless there is a surprise double Shrecks hitting it.

Capt => Nothing usefull, I think stuart don't worth the cost.

Call-in early units => I think that para is great but not enought to turn back the tide.

Is it even possible to turn back from a bad early game (by early, I mean, lost the 2/3 first engagments).
14 Oct 2014, 22:22 PM

Not really, no. Only thing I can think of is getting really lucky with an M20 mine, and wiping a squad with a grenade.
15 Oct 2014, 03:15 AM

Generally, no. OKW and Ostheer are so powerful in the late-game that if you don't try to starve them of resources early, you're just going to have a bad time. It's hard enough trying to maintain pressure in the early game, almost impossible without munitions or fuel in the late game.

When it comes to a well managed kubel, I find it better to block it's line of sight with a smoke nade. I also try to ensure that my units have 2 other units nearby for support. Generally, when OKW rushes kubel, it doesn't have any back up (sturmpioneers are too busy capping). If you do Riflemen then RE, you would have 3 units to fight against the kubel in the early game. Just make sure those 3 units are spread out to take advantage of the narrow firing arc.

I also think you neglect the Capt and their usefulness, but then again it seems you play Airborne so I can understand that perspective. Other than the Stuart and Captain themselves, the Howitzer and 57mm only require manpower, which, if micro managed and given a couple lucky shots, can help you get an opening in the mid-game. The Capt is a great counter to the Puma since they have 2 bazookas. If you have a veteran rifleman, you could disable the Puma and at least get it to retreat.

If you're lucky, they'll try to bunker down - mortars/mg - in which case, grab grenades, save up a bit of munitions and approach the defensive line. Drop the smoke in front of the mgs to block their LOS, run up and throw the grenades at their positions.
15 Oct 2014, 08:47 AM
Donator 22

What i saw now in the part of the ladder where I am is a kubel first + sturmpio rushing me, OKW don't cap, he just wait for the volks to cap , even if it's delay the control for 1 min.

I do always a "trap" or a support for the kubel (3/4 of the time i bait a kubel near a garrisoned unit , then flank) but the problem with that kubel is that when he suppres a unit, it stay suppres for 10 sec, so you can't use it, he just go back, suppres a other riflemen and that's it you're forced to back.The narrow arc of fire isn't a problem for OKW. Even with 2 rifles + RE if he manage well (if he suppres the bait squad (RE) he just ran to it, kill it in second, then go to the riflemens, rape it ect ect).

Well i play airborne or infantery, sometimes E8 , other are just useless I think.Captain got 2 bazookas, cost 80 fuel, I prefer in that case a m20, switching RE and crew to get a vehicule support + less fuel + lieut + mine+1 zooka.

Howitzer just come too late, cost so much,and is no a "reliable" way to put pressure, some times it just work well, raping infantery/ or put pressure on a foward HQ not well protected (Like 3 ponts if he go Medic HQ), sometime it's just miss so much i wonder why i buy it.

But thanx,I was just wondering if my place on the ladder was just luck because when i lost my games it's mostly in the case that I lost realy engagment.
Vaz
15 Oct 2014, 15:00 PM

The smoke grenade doesn't work well against better players. Once they see smoke they just back up about 40m or so and redeploy facing the cloud.
17 Oct 2014, 18:59 PM

if you can put a rifle smoke smack on top any vehicle it buttons them for couple of seconds, im not as good plyer as you are but to punish kubel locks if you can skip LT and get smoke and put one exactly on it you can finish it off with second squad in cover of smoke before the effect wears off.
Vaz
17 Oct 2014, 19:36 PM

The smoke doesn't prevent the kubel from reversing, which is what anyone prestige 1 and over would do. Smoke is good for advancing out of a choke, but you have to have sufficient numbers to break out. For the Kubel you must have a follow up, so trying to chase it down with rifles more won't work. Against lower levels that are poor at micro and awareness, smoke will do the trick.
18 Oct 2014, 03:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2014, 19:36 PMVaz
The smoke doesn't prevent the kubel from reversing, which is what anyone prestige 1 and over would do. Smoke is good for advancing out of a choke, but you have to have sufficient numbers to break out. For the Kubel you must have a follow up, so trying to chase it down with rifles more won't work. Against lower levels that are poor at micro and awareness, smoke will do the trick.
I hink you don't read my post completely try popping smoke nade right on top off vehicle a red button thingy will appear over its head and its movement speed gets reduced for about 4-5 secs
18 Oct 2014, 04:55 AM

as usf, my first fuel purchases are usually grenade package -> LT -> m20 utility car

I usually buy the grenade package after my third rifleman squad. its mainly for the smoke grenade, not the regular grenade. the smoke grenade is a good early soft counter to the kubelwagen, it forces it to move and it keeps your riflemen from getting suppressed. You likely wont secure a kill but it keeps your riflemen alive.

Keep your eye on your fuel and buy the LT as soon as he's available, then get the m20. once you have the m20 the kubelwagen is outmatched.

Alternatively, if you have the commander. the infantry commander (which gives vet1 riflemen at 0 command points) are a good way to go because they have access to anti tank grenades which will make short work of a kubelwagen. Though this requires you have that commander and that you want to use it though.

USF has pretty much nothing to spend munitions on besides grenades, so never be shy with the grenades.

Once the puma comes in it generally comes down to just having enough at distributed amongst your many units (your riflemen should be vet1 by now or greater, your m20 crew has bazookas you can use, and you should probably be considering a captain which comes with bazookas). Stuart does really good against pumas if you use its abilities.
18 Oct 2014, 05:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 15:00 PMVaz
The smoke grenade doesn't work well against better players. Once they see smoke they just back up about 40m or so and redeploy facing the cloud.

youre not supposed to send your riflemen IN to the cloud (unless you think you have a chance of killing the kubel) youre just supposed to smoke and move on, hopefully get in a building or in green cover or something. or maybe just somewhere else all together.
Vaz
20 Oct 2014, 00:11 AM

Green cover won't help you, kubel outranges garands. Buildings are good, but then you will find infantry come pretty quick and out dps you next to the building. You have to garrison a village to keep them off. Smoke is only worth it when you have a follow up or to cap a point real quick.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 45
Poland 10
United States 6
Germany 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %