Login

russian armor

So, I want to watch 'Fury......'

14 Oct 2014, 20:50 PM

Honestly I wouldn't recommend seeing this movie(personal opinion) unless you just like mindless non-realistic action with a 1-man tank crew(Cuming from an Merikan'). After watching several behind-the-scenes videos and two different trailers I've come to the conclusion that this is just going to be another cheesy movie ww2 style(and not in a good inglorious bastards kind of way). Some of the lead actors in the movie(not including Brad Pitt/Shia L.) I've seen perform before in TV shows/other movies and they are just plain awful at acting, seriously, you could have a fish do better acting then what they will be giving you performance wise(personal opinion). Overall, the movie looks very cheesy and one-sided(Though you might get a couple nice scenes with Shia/Pitt, but other than that prepare to get bored from the acting styles of the other leads). I have seen many WW2 films, and enjoyed those that had a real true story, with actual realistic fights that ended in realistic deaths/chases. For example: Saving Private Ryan, A Bridge Too Far, Downfall, etc...
So just throwin' in my 2 cents beforehand just in case your expectations are way too high. :D
But considering you're doing this drunk, I guess it doesn't matter, sorta. :D

You haven't even watched the movie yet.

It isn't just murica yeyeye it deals with heavier stuff.

Honestly I don't think you should make judgements on how it's going to be just by the trailer.

Pitt does great but the guy he's teaching a lesson too is a horrible actor(the facial expressions made me laugh my arse off).
14 Oct 2014, 20:53 PM

Fury is another hollywood shit movie where there's one man army, if you want to watch good movie then i suggest City 44, it's polish movie about polish underground and it's more WW2 movie than this Fury

Lol the trailer looks even worse than the one of Fury^^
So i guess it must be worse.
14 Oct 2014, 21:27 PM

Permanently Banned
I don't care if this movie is American as fuck. I realize that, but I'm not gonna be a hipster about it. Gonna watch it anyway because it's a clearly well-produced, modern, WW2 action film and even if it's not historically accurate (queue scene of 3 guys shooting Grease Guns from the hatches of the Sherman) it's still far from unwatchable.

Barton we all know Poland and Russia (Fortress of War) have better WW2 movies, get over it :snfBarton:
15 Oct 2014, 00:53 AM

Barton we all know Poland and Russia (Fortress of War) have better WW2 movies, get over it :snfBarton:

And Germany (Das Boot, Stalingrad).
15 Oct 2014, 05:48 AM

And Germany (Das Boot, Stalingrad).

Yea, dat pro Stalingrad movie is best movie ever... :snfBarton:
15 Oct 2014, 06:18 AM
Patrion 14

I want to drink beer while I watch the movie. I can't drink beer in a British cinema.

Wait WUT?
15 Oct 2014, 06:21 AM

Just man up and go to the theater.

Sounds like something Rambo would say.
15 Oct 2014, 06:38 AM

So apparently it is common to be allowed to drink beer in movie theaters? Well it's not a surprise that it's not allowed in Finland. I mean, next year you are not allowed to even promote alcohol in social media anymore. :D

We have this huge beer can next to the brewery, it has to be removed next year because of the new legislation.

Germany I understand, your culture includes beer. Netherlands.. well in your country everything goes. :blush:

I will go watch Fury, but not because I wait it to be really realistic, I think it will be entertaining.
15 Oct 2014, 06:52 AM

Permanently Banned
Only reason you weren't allowed to here in America is because they don't allow you to bring any food/drink into the theater. But if you're lucky to have a theater near you that has a bar in it however, you can drink as long as you buy it from there. This still doesn't stop me though since sneaking basically anything into a theater is EZ (I once sneaked a 12 pack through my friend's purse, since they don't really check your stuff when you go in). Seriously I could probably bring a pair of T3485s into theater in my pocket and they wouldn't notice.
15 Oct 2014, 06:57 AM

Well yes, you can sneak anything you want to the theater, they are not checking the backpacks or anything. The problem of drinking beer in theater is that if the movie lasts for like 2 hours or more, everybody knows what happens after 45 mins..

No, no, no. I will drink at bars and watch movies at movie theater.
15 Oct 2014, 07:06 AM

Permanently Banned
Wait, what is it that happens? o_O
15 Oct 2014, 07:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 06:38 AMFlamee
Well it's not a surprise that it's not allowed in Finland. I mean, next year you are not allowed to even promote alcohol in social media anymore. :D

Shit's getting out of hand over here :p
15 Oct 2014, 07:18 AM

Only reason you weren't allowed to here in America is because they don't allow you to bring any food/drink into the theater. But if you're lucky to have a theater near you that has a bar in it however, you can drink as long as you buy it from there. This still doesn't stop me though since sneaking basically anything into a theater is EZ (I once sneaked a 12 pack through my friend's purse, since they don't really check your stuff when you go in). Seriously I could probably bring a pair of T3485s into theater in my pocket and they wouldn't notice.
Try bringing an ISU152 in. See if they would notice or not. :D
15 Oct 2014, 12:01 PM

you think it's a good WW2 movie where guy is afraid to kill german soldier? that's total bullshit

No. I'm saying that it is more than just "ya murica kill nazhais yaeayeh". And again, you haven't watched the movie how can you even make a judgement on it?

I looked at the trailer for the movie you recommended instead of this one and it looks just as hollywood-ish if not more hollywood-ish than this one (judging by the trailer ofc, I haven't seen it).
15 Oct 2014, 12:17 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 06:38 AMFlamee

We have this huge beer can next to the brewery, it has to be removed next year because of the new legislation.

So you're going to have to down the whole thing in one go?
15 Oct 2014, 12:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 12:17 PMArray

So you're going to have to down the whole thing in one go?

As soon as 2015 is here.

Now that I think about it, it's gonna be hell of a party on that yard. Maybe I should be there to check it out.
15 Oct 2014, 14:54 PM

So what do I do? Short of ringing up Brad Pitt, explaining that I have a serious man-crush on him and want a private screening somewhere with a bar?

So, CoH2.org, WTF should I do?

:snfCHVGame:

If you have a job that has casual hours try to go on a weeknight early afternoon. Failing that, go on a Saturday or Sunday morning, like 10AM or 11AM session if it's available. Just avoid Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, that's when the big crowds are.

I'm still on the fence about this movie. I kinda want to see it, but not to the point where I'd rush out for it. I'm afraid it's going to be a typical hollywood action flick, but I might be surprised. Even if it's not accurate, it might be a good film.
15 Oct 2014, 15:34 PM

The best what we are gonna get is another Saving Private Ryan. The first half of the movie will be historical and in depth. The second half will be cheesy american propaganda.
15 Oct 2014, 16:19 PM

No. I'm saying that it is more than just "ya murica kill nazhais yaeayeh". And again, you haven't watched the movie how can you even make a judgement on it?

I looked at the trailer for the movie you recommended instead of this one and it looks just as hollywood-ish if not more hollywood-ish than this one (judging by the trailer ofc, I haven't seen it).

Hollywood doesn't make pro-American movies anymore anyway. Not unless they can vilify the US in the movie. The movies made post war were much more realistic and dealt with a lot more depth even though there were propaganda'ish elements. One famous one, that was realistic for some units and not others, was the "Paramount platoon". In all Paramount pictures the platoons were a microcosm of the American melting pot, with a Brooklyn Italian or Jew, a Hispanic, Irish, German, Midwesterners, Southerners, etc.

The bridge was built in 1917 and was from the outset designed to defend against capture. (Fortified towers with MG emplacements on either end.)

But watch movies like "Twelve O'Clock High", "Battleground" (Battle of the Bulge) or "The Home Front The best Years of Our Lives" (Veterans returning from the war) and you will see a lot of depth and not a lot of Rambo. I would add "The Longest Day" as well, with acting greats from the US, Britain, France and Germany playing their own countrymen and in their own languages. And "Bridge at Remagen" though it is missing what is for us in the CoH world a key element... at the real Ludendorf bridge there were several pershings who helped change the battle. With their 90mm they were able, from one side of the river, to snipe the AA guns and MG42 emplacements on the other side of the river. This made it possible for a single company of regular infantry to succeed in an impromptu assault across its long and exposed span.

15 Oct 2014, 16:38 PM

Ding!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYylN7WGLCc

Dont need to watch the movie anymore :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 42
Germany 765
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10