Login

russian armor

Relic will be previewing observer mode

PAGES (8)down
10 Oct 2014, 06:36 AM

Guys I fell asleep yesterday 2 hours before the stream started.
Does anyone have any screenshots?
I really would enjoy seeing them.

// Edit: Ok found one, maybe it's already in the thread lol.
http://www.coh2.org/file/6152/obsmode-preview.jpg

(Is this Cynthia?)
10 Oct 2014, 06:38 AM

Guys I fell asleep yesterday 2 hours before the stream started.
Does anyone have any screenshots?
I really would enjoy seeing them.

Maybe you want to see for yourself?

http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/b/576463837
10 Oct 2014, 06:40 AM

Oh thanks a a lot Flamee!
Yeah Cynthia is cool, let's make her our queen.

I would love to see a shared Field of View though.
So you can see Everything team A is seeing.
10 Oct 2014, 06:56 AM

So, anyone else but me that thinks 8 minute delay is excessive? It should be not more than 3 minutes. I have a hard time to see how it would help anyone 180 seconds later when you try to get his attention and try to explain where he could have planted a mine somewhere on the map.

Not at all. Even an 8 minute delay opens up possible exploits, like being able to alert someone to permanent actions (mines, wire, bunkers, mines), especially mines, which are invisible and may remain undetected until tripped. A delay as low as 3 minutes opens up far more possibilities for cheating, like telling your opponent OKW is stockpiling fuel, or that your opponant's forces are largely concentrated around X area, or even predictions based off his resource income + available units / tech which can put the game in another player's favour.
10 Oct 2014, 06:59 AM

Not at all. Even an 8 minute delay opens up possible exploits, like being able to alert someone to permanent actions (mines, wire, bunkers, mines), especially mines, which are invisible and may remain undetected until tripped. A delay as low as 3 minutes opens up far more possibilities for cheating, like telling your opponent OKW is stockpiling fuel, or that your opponant's forces are largely concentrated around X area, or even predictions based off his resource income + available units / tech which can put the game in another player's favour.

The only valuable info on that long of a delay is mines. Any decent player should easily recognize troop location or lack of spent fuel in a 8 minute window. 2 minutes is plenty long enough.
10 Oct 2014, 07:01 AM

Looks good I quite like the layout. Relic have exceeded my expectations as well by implementing this into not only custom games, but also automatch. The 8 minute delay does seem appropriate but I have a feeling in due course time it could be reduced.

Can this UI be used in watching replays now? I prefer it to the current one.
10 Oct 2014, 07:06 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 02:48 AMspajn

BURN HER!!! HOW DARE SHE MAKE A MISSTAKE!!!

This community is disgusting... "Relic trolling us so we troll them" rofl.. you guys should just shut the fuck up in relics stream chat, with all the trolling, announcements of quitting the game etc... You should be happy they even do streams for a one-time-purchase game and given the low viewer numbers you should be even more happy they continue to do it. Don't like the stream? Then don't watch it. Don't like the game? Then stop playing and do something else and stop sabotaging for relic and the people who still enjoy the game. Want to give feedback on the game? Trolling Relics stream chat is not the way to do it. If this was EA they would have cut support in december 2013 and Ardennes Assault would be named Company of Heroes 3, with massive amounts of unlocks ofcourse and you all would have loved it probably.

Edit: Oh and don't even try to say observer mode wasn't #1 priority for the community for the longest time... but now when it's almost here fuck that and fuck relic right? They don't listen lets go trolltroll their stream huehuehue.

same here, you could have put in a more diplomatic way but in the end I totally agree with you.
10 Oct 2014, 07:07 AM
Benefactor 115

Yes. Its the new UI for replays as well.
10 Oct 2014, 07:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 04:18 AMVonIvan
Boycotting the game wont work.....not here, we're merely a small fraction of the whole community. 1/10 really(including those who are registered here but say nothing or are neutral to both parties involved).

There is only one way to send a message to Relic, joining together in harmonious complaining of the BS we encounter on a daily basis(since we're viewed by outsiders from time to time) :megusta:

Funny how boycotting the game might not even be necessary if you look at this:
http://steamcharts.com/app/231430#3m

Really because looking at that chart, things don't seem so bad. For much of it's life, the game has fluctuated around 3-4k, occasionally dropping as low into the 2k's. The numbers go up when there's a patch but eventually fall back down again.

Would it be nice to have a larger community, yes. But while we don't have a large community, at least we have one that's reasonably stable, even in spite of several recent departures.
10 Oct 2014, 07:47 AM

I'm just curious how it's gonna look in 4v4 games, when in 2v2 the players screen takes half the screen
10 Oct 2014, 07:51 AM
Donator 11

I'm hyped. For a moment I even considered installing coh2 again.
10 Oct 2014, 08:00 AM

Yes. Its the new UI for replays as well.

Cheers Ipkai! :)
10 Oct 2014, 08:21 AM
Benefactor 115

I'm just curious how it's gonna look in 4v4 games, when in 2v2 the players screen takes half the screen

I really don't care, actually I'm very happy they optimized it to look great in 1v1 and good in 2v2 (it doesn't take "half the screen" at all, it does actually take less than the UI you have when playing). 3v3 and 4v4 is not something 99% people would want to watch anyway (but suddenly everyone seems to be concerned about the layout in 4v4 just to bash relic).

Anyway, you can scale they UI to minimum and it would look ok even in 4v4s
10 Oct 2014, 09:07 AM

As much as I had my problems with Relic lately, they did do a great job with Observer mode. I am also quite happy they now presented that feature. If there ever was something where they used the feedback they got, it was obs mode.
A lot of the features were shown, but just to recap a few:
- Persistent player colors: If you switch between players their colors stay the same. Also, they are the same for every person spectating this games.
- Viewing parties: Syncs automatically for all viewers and the host of the party can accelerate / pause for all. Great for doing casts together, one person streams and all are in a viewing party & Skype call.
- Viewing options: Set the delay, password etc
- Ingame stats: You know the after-action stats you get? You can see them get updated in real time.
- Resizeable Hud: Well, self explanatory

http://www.coh2.org/file/6152/obsmode-preview.jpg

Doesn't really look like half the screen :P
3v3 and 4v4 were thought about. Don't worry.

I guess when it gets released you'll see for yourself. For me personally I was quite sceptical at first, but the tool has come a long way and it's still in development.

Thanks for the presentation :P
10 Oct 2014, 09:19 AM

Looks good to me on first look, of course there is still room for improvement and additional features that one could wish for. But if the information in the thread (I didn't watch the whole record) are correct then the Observer mode has already more features than I had expected from Relic.
10 Oct 2014, 09:41 AM

Looking good Relic. Also setting up AT guns? Cool stuff.
10 Oct 2014, 11:43 AM

The fuck guys, I am also very critical, but this is just plain crazy.
They just showed a major improvement to both automatch and competition.
Be happy, write down your doubts but dont act like total dicks.

This is a good thing, lets remember that.

This!!!
Stop bitching already. I also dont like the bugs but this is a complete different thing so take a minute and appreciate it.
10 Oct 2014, 12:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 08:21 AMtuvok

I really don't care, actually I'm very happy they optimized it to look great in 1v1 and good in 2v2 (it doesn't take "half the screen" at all, it does actually take less than the UI you have when playing). 3v3 and 4v4 is not something 99% people would want to watch anyway (but suddenly everyone seems to be concerned about the layout in 4v4 just to bash relic).

Anyway, you can scale they UI to minimum and it would look ok even in 4v4s

I would watch 4vs4 exclusively, your are wrong.
10 Oct 2014, 12:27 PM
Benefactor 115

10 Oct 2014, 14:18 PM

Permanently Banned

Coh2 offers 3 other game modes :facepalm:
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 11
unknown 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L