Login

russian armor

Will they ever fix the kubel?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
7 Oct 2014, 09:10 AM

A t0 machine gun on wheels is ridiculous as it is, but one can be defeated with a bit of work. Its when they pop out two or more that it gets my blood pressure soaring. I fail to see how I can defeat that in a 1v1. I would really love relic to fix this unit, but I'm not holding my breath. So for now every game I play against OKW, I just hope they don't abuse it. Or sturm pio spam for that matter...
7 Oct 2014, 09:14 AM

To me Kubelwagon was a dumb idea, it was as if one guy in Relic said, "This sounds like a good idea!" And they just went with never asking if it could be abused or balanced right.
7 Oct 2014, 09:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 09:14 AMSeeker
To me Kubelwagon was a dumb idea, it was as if one guy in Relic said, "This sounds like a good idea!" And they just went with never asking if it could be abused or balanced right.

I love how now the Unit is overpowered since birth :D Does nobody remember the time where it was a driving cart made out of cardbox? That thing was useless not that long ago, so stop whining and wait for it to get balanced right. That is a job that takes some finetuning and cant be done over night ;)
7 Oct 2014, 09:25 AM

no idea for 1v1 but in 2v2 always gang and flank this pos. taking it out early is always my 1st priority. i cant see how the usf can ever hope to flank this under good and prudent hands. only way is to have a m3 to get the job done.
7 Oct 2014, 09:26 AM

I love how now the Unit is overpowered since birth :D Does nobody remember the time where it was a driving cart made out of cardbox? That thing was useless not that long ago, so stop whining and wait for it to get balanced right. That is a job that takes some finetuning and cant be done over night ;)

I know it was useless, but really a highly mobile mg? It was asking for trouble, it tries to be a reconnaissance vehicle and suppression platform at the same time, I would love it to be like PE starter unit. Allow it to cap points, then upgrade to MG that doesn't suppress but can hunter snipers and damage infantry.
7 Oct 2014, 09:27 AM

Reason it's OP is because OKW had hard time beating sniper spam. But relic didn't think of USF...
7 Oct 2014, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 09:26 AMSeeker

I know it was useless, but really a highly mobile mg? It was asking for trouble, it tries to be a reconnaissance vehicle and suppression platform at the same time, I would love it to be like PE starter unit. Allow it to cap points, then upgrade to MG that doesn't suppress but can hunter snipers and damage infantry.

The kubel is build so the OKW has a non-doctrinal heavy mg unit, and taking that away will undoubtly weaken them. The problem is not the unit, it has a build up time which makes it weak against flanking, and the angle and range is okay. Problem is more its health, but we dont want to go back to the cardbordkubel, do we?
I see the Mgs as the problem. Right before the "kubel is waaaay to op, i am losing against all those kubels" spam, it was "OMG maxims need a huge nerf, 4 man squads, that unit is ruining the whole game". Nerfing it down to 4 man would not have been a good idea, as the game is now, would it? :P Now the maxim suddenly is "ok".
The devs handle this every day, it got a little tweak in a quick patch, but wait for the next patch, they will figure it out, and until then, try to learn some new tactics. Often the balancing makes the game kinda fun, doesnt it?! :D Forces us to find new strategies ;)
7 Oct 2014, 09:36 AM

The kubel is build so the OKW has a non-doctrinal heavy mg unit, and taking that away will undoubtly weaken them. The problem is not the unit, it has a build up time which makes it weak against flanking, and the angle and range is okay. Problem is more its health, but we dont want to go back to the cardbordkubel, do we?
I see the Mgs as the problem. Right before the "kubel is waaaay to op, i am losing against all those kubels" spam, it was "OMG maxims need a huge nerf, 4 man squads, that unit is ruining the whole game". Nerfing it down to 4 man would not have been a good idea, as the game is now, would it? :P Now the maxim suddenly is "ok".
The devs handle this every day, it got a little tweak in a quick patch, but wait for the next patch, they will figure it out, and until then, try to learn some new tactics. Often the balancing makes the game kinda fun, doesnt it?! :D Forces us to find new strategies ;)

Just saying I don't agree with their design vision, I would like it to function like motorcycle or jeep did, because an mg that can race up the map is a bit silly, it would like if Maxims came in base building, and could jump in a car race to a point jump out and set up pinning any unit that try's to cap.
7 Oct 2014, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 09:36 AMSeeker

Just saying I don't agree with their design vision, I would like it to function like motorcycle or jeep did, because an mg that can race up the map is a bit silly, it would like if Maxims came in base building, and could jump in a car race to a point jump out and set up pinning any unit that try's to cap.

I like the idea of the Unit. Remember it only has 1 "life", it cant retreat and against an mg it gets pulverized, which again comes to the point you already have made, the weakness of the US ;)
The Okw just needs a Heavy Mg unit. Maybe giving volksgrenadiers the possibility of an Lmg which can supress like the Us M1919. But then again, that may make them even more powerfull.
7 Oct 2014, 09:43 AM

Indeed OKW in a awkward spot atm.
7 Oct 2014, 09:53 AM

That is a job that takes some finetuning and cant be done over night ;)

God created the world in a week so this shouldnt take more than a few hours.
7 Oct 2014, 10:39 AM

Well maybe if the USF doesn't get a non-doctrinal mortar, okw shouldn't get a non-doctrinal mg on wheels. Make it doctrine specific and put it at cp1. It'll still be an effective scout and as annoying as a malaria ridden mosquito.
7 Oct 2014, 10:43 AM

Unfortunately nerfs to some kubel counters seem to have left USF with less options vs the kubel, so, now that its gun is actually effective, the kubel can force USF onto their heels for a surprisingly long time with skillful positioning.

After the recent patch bazookas are even less accurate against an already evasive unit. I don't think i've ever managed to kill a kubel with the captain before the nerf, anyway. Considering one shreked volk can deter an M20, I kinda wish a couple of bazookas could provide a similar deterrance. The Kubel's health, received accuracy, and suppressing element counteract this, in my experience.

The Mechanized Company Truck was pushed back to 1 CP, which hurt that commander a bit, in my limited experience. Like the M3 scout car, this previously gave US a potentially powerful (if fragile) counter to kubels behind a conscious strategic commitment early on. I sorta blew off the doctrine after a couple of attempts post-1 CP change, so I'm curious if other players have used the truck to good effect at 1 CP.

The changes to the kubel's gun are in the right direction I think, though the gun may still need some tweaking. I like that it WORKS. It seems that US just have less viable tactical options against one kubel now, let alone 2 or 3.

Maybe test a price or build time increase for the kubels to slightly nerf spam and delay other capping units? Then building a kubel immediately would give Allies slightly more time to cap and prepare, reducing the shock of the sturm-kubel combo. Plus a capping volk squad would come out later, adding greater tradeoffs to immediate aggression. Refining things like these could go a long way to making a healthier earlygame. Or not, just an idea for testing.
7 Oct 2014, 10:51 AM

God created the world in a week so this shouldnt take more than a few hours.

I mean Brad and Peter are cool guys, but I wouldn't call them gods. Angels of death, perhaps? Or angels of salt, given all the tears shed by allies after the kubel's latest buff. :snfPeter:
7 Oct 2014, 12:16 PM

my biggest issue is it doesn't cost fuel and is dirt cheap. like all other light vehicle cost fuel and will slow teching, like the m3 and dodge. at the moment the kubel has no disadvantages. for a unit that is HMG on wheels, that has no pack up, is super fast, has no manpower bleed, is super hard to flank and is for the super low cost of 240.

make it cost 240 plus 25 fuel or Nerf it to align it with its cost including teching cost (which is nothing) then it wont be OP, until then its Over preforming
7 Oct 2014, 13:16 PM

If the kubel cost fuel or the suppression ability cost munitions, I'd be fine with how it is...but it's so broken in its current state.
7 Oct 2014, 13:21 PM

If the kubel cost fuel or the suppression ability cost munitions, I'd be fine with how it is...but it's so broken in its current state.

people complain way to much. kubel is fine its simply the am players not adapting and taking a defensive position till the counters arrive. whats not fine is the truck pushing that comes along with it.
7 Oct 2014, 13:31 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 13:21 PMJaigen

people complain way to much. kubel is fine its simply the am players not adapting and taking a defensive position till the counters arrive. whats not fine is the truck pushing that comes along with it.

It can be beaten. But it honestly takes way too much effort. It will set you and ur team back for too long..
7 Oct 2014, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2014, 13:21 PMJaigen

What defensive position?

Kubel outranges everything USF have early game and will force you off from every position unless you sit behind long green cover wall or in garrison, in which case you will be slowly worn down and chased away anyway.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS