Login

russian armor

Captain fuel cost

Vaz
5 Oct 2014, 23:22 PM

Why is the captains fuel cost 80? The units are not much stronger than anything available to the LT. Actually pretty much everything is support, including the captain himself. I find it strange. Should be 50 like LT.
5 Oct 2014, 23:32 PM

Because you get access to the stuart, which is super effective against schreck-volks and pumas.

Right?

5 Oct 2014, 23:37 PM

Is the stuart that good? It only has 320 HP and will die to any combination of 3 shrek and puma hits. AA halftracks are better vs volks and the Stuart can't just yolo in and try to kill the Puma especially now that stun isn't that good. The stuart is also quite bad vs ostheer.

Edit: Puma does 50% more dps than the stuart has more range and has 80 more HP

Most of the time people just go captain b/c they need AT guns

MVGamed
5 Oct 2014, 23:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Because he's such an effective combat unit.

Right?
Vaz
5 Oct 2014, 23:40 PM

Is the stuart that good? It only has 320 HP and will die to any combination of 3 shrek and puma hits. AA halftracks are better vs volks and the Stuart can't just yolo in and try to kill the Puma especially now that stun isn't that good. The stuart is also quite bad vs ostheer.

He was joking. The stuart is mostly trash except for it's two abilities. Main cannon needs a scatter buff, but that's another thread to make.
5 Oct 2014, 23:43 PM

Because pack howitzers are OP and dont have a high enough reinforcement cost, the 57mm AT gun doesnt bounce off of everything often enough, the captain is accommodated by two rear archelon, aside from the bazooka wielding riflemen, and that is way too much AI for the captain.
5 Oct 2014, 23:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2014, 23:40 PMVaz

He was joking. The stuart is mostly trash except for it's two abilities. Main cannon needs a scatter buff, but that's another thread to make.

How to use stuart? get one shot in and back then repeat the process against shrecked volk or infantry that might at nade you.
5 Oct 2014, 23:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2014, 23:38 PMRomeo
Because he's such an effective combat unit.

Right?

he's a pretty cool guy, eh kills king tiger and doesn't afraid of anything

But seriously, I suppose it's to gate the Stuart, which is immune to small arms fire. In team games it sucks, but in 1v1 I suppose an early Stuart could be dangerous. Then again, the Puma is far more powerful and can be unlocked right at the start of the game.

Eh, at this point US units sucking/being badly priced shouldn't surprise anyone anymore.
5 Oct 2014, 23:59 PM

the captain is accommodated by two rear archelon, aside from the bazooka wielding riflemen, and that is way too much AI for the captain.

The RE of the Cpt. use the Riflemen Garand, that means they are only RE by appearance.
http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/m1_garand_rifle_rifleman_mp
Vaz
6 Oct 2014, 00:28 AM

Well I'm sure I'm not the only one that notices that the captain and his gaurd die a little faster than other infantry. Makes it really hard to use his blob ability (half of which is spent sprinting...which means they aren't firing).
6 Oct 2014, 01:29 AM

Permanently Banned
Because you get access to the stuart, which is super effective against schreck-volks and pumas.

Right?

Its trash. its only good with cap next to it. It is awful at killing infantry. It also delays tech for way too long..
6 Oct 2014, 01:34 AM

honestly AA half does the same job as stuart and you can get it earlier and is cheaper, stuart is good if you skip lt and can get it fast enough in 3vs3 and 4vs4 if you have 2nd US player but by then a puma will be on a field and you can kiss your stuart a goodbye. I have rarely seen a Stuart outperforming a Puma
6 Oct 2014, 02:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2014, 00:28 AMVaz
Well I'm sure I'm not the only one that notices that the captain and his gaurd die a little faster than other infantry. Makes it really hard to use his blob ability (half of which is spent sprinting...which means they aren't firing).

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this is the case. Are we both going crazy or is there some reason why the captain's unit drop like flies?
6 Oct 2014, 03:02 AM

I've been playing team games lately and almost always go for captain first. I also never take the captain out of my base, since he's much more effective at giving me near instant built times for every unit I need in a pinch.

The benefit to team games (as long as your team actually holds a fuel point) is that with the rapid wide-spread capping you have the fuel for a captain before you even realise it. Then there's a small wait for the stuart fuel in which I can usually pump out 1-2 AT guns to deal with pumas or early P4s.

I live for the stuart though. Yes, you have to micro it, but self-repairs make that a minor issue. In most team games I am stalled by kubels and MGs prior to that point. Once I get the stuart in there, that section of the map is usually mine very quickly. They particularly seem to eat sturmpioneers for breakfast.

See my 3v3 and 4v4 USF ranks below if you're wondering how effective this actually is :p
6 Oct 2014, 04:08 AM

I've been playing team games lately

Do you like bears?
6 Oct 2014, 04:21 AM

Around these parts we only really have koalas. Not technically related, but their claws will still make you think twice about going near them.
6 Oct 2014, 05:33 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

The captain weapon loadout makes him ineffective at all ranges against anything.
whats his reinforce cost?
Vaz
6 Oct 2014, 11:24 AM

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this is the case. Are we both going crazy or is there some reason why the captain's unit drop like flies?

I think I checked the stats and found his men have 80hp like everyone else. I can't put my finger on it, I think there is something hidden in the files that makes the game kill off his unit faster though. Like received accuracy higher than 1.

I've been playing team games lately and almost always go for captain first. I also never take the captain out of my base, since he's much more effective at giving me near instant built times for every unit I need in a pinch.

The benefit to team games (as long as your team actually holds a fuel point) is that with the rapid wide-spread capping you have the fuel for a captain before you even realise it. Then there's a small wait for the stuart fuel in which I can usually pump out 1-2 AT guns to deal with pumas or early P4s.

I live for the stuart though. Yes, you have to micro it, but self-repairs make that a minor issue. In most team games I am stalled by kubels and MGs prior to that point. Once I get the stuart in there, that section of the map is usually mine very quickly. They particularly seem to eat sturmpioneers for breakfast.

See my 3v3 and 4v4 USF ranks below if you're wondering how effective this actually is :p

I'll be honest I haven't used his supervise ability and now that you mention it, I've been puzzled at some build times (m8a1) and wouldn't mind speeding them up. Maybe I'll give it a try, because there are some maps where lt units just don't help much. I still don't think he needs to be 80 fuel though, even to gate the stuart. OKW and OST both have tools to deal with light vehicles well before the stuart hits the field.
6 Oct 2014, 11:46 AM

The fuel cost of both these officers squad should be decreased a bit. Lieutenant and captain alike.
6 Oct 2014, 14:06 PM

Permanently Banned
The fuel cost of both these officers squad should be decreased a bit. Lieutenant and captain alike.

I would rather see the lieutenant and captain receive massive buffs. You can only field one at a time. They should be performing like paras and giving nasty buffs to allies units.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★