Login

russian armor

Hetzer coming? Ambush Assault Doctrine

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
28 Sep 2014, 00:11 AM

Permanently Banned

Relic said they weren't going to cease support for the existing factions. Just because OKW and USF are out doesn't mean the old factions are going to be completely abandoned.

I never said that they are going to abandon them. However, commander-wise they are currently rather abandoning the OKW and the USF. 6 commander for the new factions vs 20 (!) commanders for the old ones. Upcoming commanders should be released for the US and OKW, not for the Ostheer or Sov union...especially if they are tied to an expansion pack called Ardennes Assault which focuses on the US Forces.
28 Sep 2014, 00:18 AM

Soviet and Wehrmacht were already there, they had a lot of Commanders before WFA came out, so it's not really fair to count those vs the new ones. It's better to count the number available since WFA (excluding the stock options). WM and SU have only got one each since then, while OKW and USF have 3.
28 Sep 2014, 01:22 AM

Permanently Banned
Even when judging it like that (which doesent make a whole lot of sense: Yes they were there before, which is why the new factions should "catch up" now when it comes to commanders) its not true:

The OKW and USF were shipped with 6 commanders each and havent received any new ones yet.

We are going off topic though.
28 Sep 2014, 02:05 AM

Uh, you realize those twenty gorramn commanders for Soviets and Ostheer are one of the problems with this game? Not to mention less than six of those for any faction are even worth considering looking at, let alone using.
28 Sep 2014, 02:24 AM

You wait about 6 seconds after click, then 5 seconds after siren. Unless you're attacking a static target or a bad player, the juiciest targets don't stand around for 11 seconds especially after the alarm sounds. The lethal AOE is also surprisingly small, 6.4 square meters, roughly the area of a USF Fighting Position.

Obviously not allied point of view. Play allied see how stuka works, see if you can here the siren warning before its too late to react.

To tell the truth, the larger the game takes, the more sounds effect the battle field has, the less chance/late you'll hear the siren.
28 Sep 2014, 02:45 AM

oh nice! this commander looks like a ton of fun. hopefully the hetzer will be similar to what the stug g used to be. if not that's cool too.

plus its got the air recon + light arty combo to take down howitzers and disrupt at guns/hwts.

if this is real i'll totally buy this.
28 Sep 2014, 02:53 AM

Seems like a new mech assault doctrine but with this you never need to tech out of T1. Heavy T1 with Shrek Grens + STUG e's + Hetzer seems like a very solid army.
Given that it calls the Hetzer a light tank destroyer (which I know it is, but relic didn't need to inculude this in the description), I have a feeling that it will be a glass cannon kind of thing instead of the armored beast we got with PE. Probably medium armored front, light armored back, low hp pool but high penetration and range.
Who knows though, and who knows if this doctrine will even make it? Could be cool, any sort of new gameplay is good so w/e I'll fuck with it. Especially if it is free somehow.
28 Sep 2014, 04:30 AM

I'm betting it'll function like an unturreted Jackson.
28 Sep 2014, 05:42 AM

Just bring back P.E. already! :D
28 Sep 2014, 05:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 02:45 AMTri86
oh nice! this commander looks like a ton of fun. hopefully the hetzer will be similar to what the stug g used to be. if not that's cool too.

plus its got the air recon + light arty combo to take down howitzers and disrupt at guns/hwts.

if this is real i'll totally buy this.

You sure it can destroy the gun itself not just reducing some models?
28 Sep 2014, 06:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 05:58 AMUGBEAR

You sure it can destroy the gun itself not just reducing some models?

oh yeah i do it all the time with the joint operations cmndr
28 Sep 2014, 08:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2014, 22:15 PMKatitof
I'd be surprised if it wasn't simply photoshopped.

Why?

Because grens shrecks make as much sense as giving penals mosin nagat upgrade-it simply makes none.

And yea, no source also means no creditability.

Werent you the guy who told everybody that relic will never NEVER and NEVER add the Hetzer because its role is already filled???

HAHAHAHAHAHAH.

The Infos about the Hetzer are true. Cant give more Infos about that i m not allowed to. But yeah relic will add the Hetzer no matter what katitof is whining about that.

Katitof also said that relic will NEVER NEVER add the Jagdpanther because its role is already filled........Just wait and see is the only Thing i can tell you about that.

28 Sep 2014, 08:16 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 08:00 AMAffe

The Infos about the Hetzer are true. Cant give more Infos about that i m not allowed to.

i.e. "Im totally pulling this out of my a%%" :D

28 Sep 2014, 08:18 AM
Caster Badge

The Portrait of the Hetzer looks out of place. And not in the profile that other armoured call ins use.

Secondly. The Hetzer was itself an assault gun. So combining it with the StuG E well would be odd. In particular for the Wehrmacht which it seems like this is for. Since the Hetzer is more or less like a more compact StuG G. Just with sloped armour.

I do think a Hetzer is coming, i mean they recorded sounds for it damnit. Buut. with this ? It seems a bit awfully odd. I am guessing this is something someone put together.
28 Sep 2014, 08:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 08:00 AMAffe

Werent you the guy who told everybody that relic will never NEVER and NEVER add the Hetzer because its role is already filled???

HAHAHAHAHAHAH.

The Infos about the Hetzer are true. Cant give more Infos about that i m not allowed to. But yeah relic will add the Hetzer no matter what katitof is whining about that.

Katitof also said that relic will NEVER NEVER add the Jagdpanther because its role is already filled........Just wait and see is the only Thing i can tell you about that.

Living amongst axis fanboys have seriously clouded your perception on what is "whine" and what is "doubt".

I am following a simple logic. I should take into account that Relic+logic is... :rofl:

Considering current units across the axis faction, this doctrine makes absolutely no sense to me, its simply wrong right from the base. Shrecks for grens? When wehr have PGs? Does that make any sense to you? Gren spam was too weak before?

Usually I am always looking forward to new commanders and playstyles, but seeing what we got for soviets right now and what for ost and what might be in the kitchen, well, I'm seriously concerned to the point where I'm afraid of new DLC and mind you, I always supported them.

Simply said, I'm being fed up for uber axis doctrines while we have "OH LOOK, MORE PRE WAR STUFF!" for allies.
I don't want to insult developers here, so I won't. But I will think about it really hard now.
28 Sep 2014, 10:21 AM

A 60 range tank-destroyer for Ostheer is always welcome. Why should only USF, OKW and Soviets get that?

Looks like a good doctrine to handle medium tank spam and I like that. So if it´s true, that looks like a good job from relic there. Don´t be so negative all the times. :)
28 Sep 2014, 10:25 AM

Grenadiers with Panzershrecks?

Finally.
28 Sep 2014, 10:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2014, 22:26 PMUGBEAR
Looks interesting, but, the best off-map OST can have is stuka dive bomb, light arty is plain bad.

What?

Light arty is amazing. Use it on things like Zis3 guns during engagements and it's bye-bye soviet AT support!
28 Sep 2014, 10:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2014, 10:21 AMButcher
A 60 range tank-destroyer for Ostheer is always welcome. Why should only USF, OKW and Soviets get that?

Looks like a good doctrine to handle medium tank spam and I like that. So if it´s true, that looks like a good job from relic there. Don´t be so negative all the times. :)

Ostheer has a 70 range tank destroyer.
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight