jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2014, 05:44 AMHitman5

Is this some kind of joke?

-Time on target
-P47
-B4
-Priest
-IL2 Bombing Run

All of those will murder any heavy very quickly

Not really, unless you sit AFK with your armor in the open.
26 Sep 2014, 05:58 AM

-Time on target
-P47
-B4
-Priest
-IL2 Bombing Run

You know what he meant. None of these are nearly as effective as they were in real life. In real life, some Jagdtigers held their fire for fear of giving away their position and being destroyed by an airstrike. In game a Jagdtiger can fire free with nothing to fear, because most artillery is either easy to dodge or too weak to do sufficient damage.
26 Sep 2014, 06:03 AM

You know what he meant. None of these are nearly as effective as they were in real life. In real life, some Jagdtigers held their fire for fear of giving away their position and being destroyed by an airstrike. In game a Jagdtiger can fire free with nothing to fear, because most artillery is either easy to dodge or too weak to do sufficient damage.

Nope, he didn't make that clear.

So we are going to talk about realism then? If that's the case then JT should be able to knock out any allied tank in one shot from across the map. One Tiger should be able to knock out multiple shermans & t34s before they can even get in range to penetrate the Tiger.

26 Sep 2014, 06:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2014, 06:03 AMHitman5

So we are going to talk about realism then? If that's the case then JT should be able to knock out any allied tank in one shot from across the map. One Tiger should be able to knock out multiple shermans & t34s before they can even get in range to penetrate the Tiger.

And all the German tanks would get destroyed engine criticals every 3 minutes or so
26 Sep 2014, 06:16 AM

Beside P-47, Is this some kind of joke?
26 Sep 2014, 06:22 AM

And all the German tanks would get destroyed engine criticals every 3 minutes or so

long enough to last a game

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2014, 06:16 AMChernov

Beside P-47, Is this some kind of joke?

No actually. stun + any of them = instant or almost instant death
26 Sep 2014, 06:32 AM

The only ridiculos thing with this is That it can shoot through walls and shot blockers, other than That it's fine. Still boring with all the super heavies in-game :P
26 Sep 2014, 11:48 AM

The only ridiculos thing with this is That it can shoot through walls and shot blockers, other than That it's fine. Still boring with all the super heavies in-game :P

Well, the humongous frontal armor which makes it immune to ATguns is another thing that should be reviewed.
26 Sep 2014, 14:34 PM

Well it would be gold if they can make that damage is weaker after JT shoots trough house. Or accuracy
27 Sep 2014, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2014, 06:03 AMHitman5

I'm just commenting that in this game, JTs massacre armor, like in real life, but the things that countered them in real life are meh against them in the game - they're limited to a few doctrines, and they're mostly only useful against JTs if the player using doesn't pay attention.

Basing balance on real life is silly, but as long as we're sitting around and wondering "hey it's really hard to balance these super heavies correctly; they either get nerfed to uselessness or dominate the game," I think it's worthwhile to look to real life for inspiration, no?

I will admit that P47s are pretty decent super heavies and I've seen B4s with some good RNG work but the other abilities are pretty useless against JTs. Other problem is they are doctrinal - every unit should have stock counters.

If every faction had a stock AT strafe run as effective as the P47, I'd be a lot happier about having super heavies in the game. Not asking for a lot here.

27 Sep 2014, 17:18 PM

-Time on target
-P47
-B4
-Priest
-IL2 Bombing Run

I disagree with the Bombing Run and ToT. Not in theory but in practice. In theory, I'm sure that this would demolish a heavy tank. But your opponent would have to be either heavily distracted or a true potato to not reverse move out of flares, which is possible even without the engine upgrade for the JT. Both of these have long enough drop times to easily avoid.

I find it funny that this topic derailed from an OKW player getting upset about always having to use JT and became brainstorming on ways to kill the JT.
27 Sep 2014, 17:36 PM

I'm just commenting that in this game, JTs massacre armor, like in real life, but the things that countered them in real life are meh against them in the game - they're limited to a few doctrines, and they're mostly only useful against JTs if the player using doesn't pay attention.

Basing balance on real life is silly, but as long as we're sitting around and wondering "hey it's really hard to balance these super heavies correctly; they either get nerfed to uselessness or dominate the game," I think it's worthwhile to look to real life for inspiration, no?

I will admit that P47s are pretty decent super heavies and I've seen B4s with some good RNG work but the other abilities are pretty useless against JTs. Other problem is they are doctrinal - every unit should have stock counters.

If every faction had a stock AT strafe run as effective as the P47, I'd be a lot happier about having super heavies in the game. Not asking for a lot here.

Why should there be stock counters to a specific very powerful doctrinal unit? That would just make medium tanks irrelevant, same for the last comment.

Btw the priest is really effective for killing slow heavies, esp. in team games with 2-3 of them. It will be dead before you can move it.

I disagree with the Bombing Run and ToT. Not in theory but in practice. In theory, I'm sure that this would demolish a heavy tank. But your opponent would have to be either heavily distracted or a true potato to not reverse move out of flares, which is possible even without the engine upgrade for the JT. Both of these have long enough drop times to easily avoid.

I find it funny that this topic derailed from an OKW player getting upset about always having to use JT and became brainstorming on ways to kill the JT.

If you can slip a stuart behind and stun it you can knock one out or any heavy with any of those abilities.
27 Sep 2014, 17:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2014, 17:36 PMHitman5

If you can slip a stuart behind and stun it you can knock one out or any heavy with any of those abilities.

Shell shock penetration from 180/100/30 to 60/45/40
Rear armor
JT: 150
KT: 225
Tiger: 180
27 Sep 2014, 17:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2014, 17:36 PMHitman5

So as a Soviet in a 3v3 or 4v4, I'm relying on someone I may not know in a team game to get a Stuart so I can use an ability that takes an eternity to drop. An ability which I may not even have depending on what commander I picked. I'm also relying on them to be skillful/patient enough to get behind the JT in the first place, in what will at that point be a field full of Axis AT weaponry if we play any decent Axis players.

As a USF Player in a 3s or 4s team game, I'm not going Airborne because I'm an idiot. I'm not skipping captain to fast tech to major, with which I could try to help win early on enough to not deal with a JT in the first place or get massive map control with my HE blasting Shermans. Or if I do fast tech to major, I'm using 80 fuel to go back to captain and even more to build a stuart. And then I will use this Stuart against an OKW team that has no support for their JT because they are potatoes. Or I'm going to somehow slip this paper tank past the entire Axis team and pray that it doesn't die on the way there to any number of Volkschrecks, Raks, Panthers, Pumas, Wehr tanks, or even effective Axis mines that are underused.

That's a nice big if, my friend. Probably better off using guards to vision block. Not that they would get much further than the Stuart at that point.

Edit: And now, based on the information from the post above, the paper tank won't even pen? GG.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★