Login

russian armor

Ability Buff for Raketenwerfer

18 Sep 2014, 22:05 PM

The OKW Raketenwerfer seems to be the most kill-able unit in the game. Any kind of mortar, grenade, stray tank shot, stray bullet, or rock either kills 2 models or wipes it. So lets look at the pros and cons of this unit:

Pros:
Tier 0 AT gun
Good damage
Good Penetration
Can garrison in buildings
Can retreat

Cons:
Very Low Health
Poor range
Poor arc of fire
Poor accuracy
Set-up time

My idea is not necessarily to buff its health (at least until Kubel is toned down), but to give it one ability to broaden its usefulness. Although the Raketen can be made early it usually only gets one shot off on anything before the target leaves its arc of fire. Early allied vehicles can easily micro around it and wipe the squad from behind. Therefore what if they gave it a Munitions ability to fire a engine-damaging rocket? This would give incentive to make it for OKW as an early vehicle disabling device. The other option would be to give it an anti-infantry grenade Munitions ability that would allow it to at least disrupt early infantry play giving players a reason to make one.

The fact of the matter is, no one really builds this unit, it at least before gained Vet quickly, but they nerfed that, so what about giving it more functionality? What does the community think?
18 Sep 2014, 22:16 PM

Obviously the rakaten can't be on par with other AT guns due to volks.

I always thought it should get its own hull-down ability. The crew can put up sandbags around the gun, giving it better cover than other AT guns, but it becomes immobile and it has a short tear-down before it can retreat. You'd end up with a stronger static AT weapon, and shrecked volks could fill in any gaps.

You have to be very careful with it, assuming it should change at all. I don't think anyone is complaining that OKW don't have enough effective AT weapons ;p
18 Sep 2014, 22:43 PM

Yeah what Arclyte said, the Raketenwerfer is weak because OKW is expected to spam Panzerschrecks and rely on the Puma, Jagdpanzer IV, and Panther for theirs hard AT. The Raketen is just another supplementary unit in an army of supplementary units and crutches.
18 Sep 2014, 22:54 PM

Omfg... ?

Stuka zu FUSS is TOO strong, Guys. And it's not easy to kill. Try with Katjusha it will fail and its fast enough. katjusha is more vorse and cant move back so quickly like stuka zu fuss, just test it.

facepalm -.-
18 Sep 2014, 23:01 PM

Yeah what Arclyte said, the Raketenwerfer is weak because OKW is expected to spam Panzerschrecks and rely on the Puma, Jagdpanzer IV, and Panther for theirs hard AT. The Raketen is just another supplementary unit in an army of supplementary units and crutches.

I see it as the "Relic Answer" to early Ally vehicles, but it sucks against them too much. With the abilities I suggested, it wouldn't really lend itself to anything OP late game, but would at least be a reason to build it.
18 Sep 2014, 23:02 PM

Omfg... ?

Stuka zu FUSS is TOO strong, Guys. And it's not easy to kill. Try with Katjusha it will fail and its fast enough. katjusha is more vorse and cant move back so quickly like stuka zu fuss, just test it.

facepalm -.-

I'm going to assume you posted in the wrong thread on accident, this topic has absolutely nothing to do with Stuka vs Katyusha

Raketenwerfer is more vulnerable to getting killed than other AT guns as it doesn't give green cover, but being able to retreat is a huge advantage. The shortcomings of the Raketenwerfer are also balanced by OKW having strong infantry AT and an AT vehicle in every tier.
18 Sep 2014, 23:17 PM

I'm going to assume you posted in the wrong thread on accident, this topic has absolutely nothing to do with Stuka vs Katyusha

Raketenwerfer is more vulnerable to getting killed than other AT guns as it doesn't give green cover, but being able to retreat is a huge advantage. The shortcomings of the Raketenwerfer are also balanced by OKW having strong infantry AT and an AT vehicle in every tier.

Ooops.

Srry - i only read the beginning <444>_<444>
18 Sep 2014, 23:29 PM

Ironically I really like Raketenwerfer. Its lack of durability is easily supplemented by the fact it can enter buildings and ability to retreat. Aside from that it does good damage, and has a very high chance to penetrate.
19 Sep 2014, 01:05 AM

Racketenwerefer weak? Oh you poor delusional fools.

Go look at the penetration stats. And then all the damage bonuses and pen bonuses it gets with vet.

All you need to do is keep it safe with Volks or PanzerFus. Just like any AT gun. There's no AT gun in the game than can deal with a circling tank. And the short range is fixed at vet 2 anyway (which it hits extra fast because it is so cheap)
19 Sep 2014, 01:16 AM

1. Let it reverse like the Leig

And/or

2. Let it still function with 1 crewman like the 120mm mortar
19 Sep 2014, 01:37 AM

Racketenwerefer weak? Oh you poor delusional fools.

Go look at the penetration stats. And then all the damage bonuses and pen bonuses it gets with vet.

All you need to do is keep it safe with Volks or PanzerFus. Just like any AT gun. There's no AT gun in the game than can deal with a circling tank. And the short range is fixed at vet 2 anyway (which it hits extra fast because it is so cheap)

It used to be okay with that, but the recent Vet nerf really hurt its ability to Vet into usefulness. Also as I stated before I really see this as supposed to be OKWs answer to early vehicles, but it performs poorly as that. Good micro-ed early M3s aren't counter-able until at least 2 Shreks (180 munitions) which can really be annoying and game breaking for OKW.

Although if a change ever comes I hope it isn't until the Kubel is toned down, because right now it is an OP annoying strategy to face.
19 Sep 2014, 08:11 AM
Donator 22

IMO the Raketenwerfe is fine. What makes me angry, is if your preparing an ambush and the first shot hits the ground or a fence. RNGJesus :facepalm:
Ahh on WFA release a vet5 raketenwerfer, could oneshot any heavy tank :lol:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS