Login

russian armor

A Quick Note For The COH2.org Community

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
19 Sep 2014, 09:49 AM
Donator 11

So youre saying that this madness playing with dusty abusive strats, making fun of opponents and flaming them is finally over? raise your dustys :thumbsup:
raw
19 Sep 2014, 11:05 AM

Dev said evil word. I am very angry.
19 Sep 2014, 11:07 AM

Edit: Removed as it might be better to talk privately to Relic.
19 Sep 2014, 11:13 AM

Milka, with all due respect, it doesn't matter what you think is an appropriate response to the allegations.

SEGA will have their own code of conduct, that Brad will be judged by.
19 Sep 2014, 11:32 AM

Edit: Removed. See previous post.
19 Sep 2014, 11:38 AM
Senior Editor Badge

A Relic balance dev and their (from the casual players point of view) "elitist pr0 balance testers" *cough* Ciez *cough* are streaming games in which they abuse the shit out of truck pushing crushing just for some cheap laughs.

I remember this episode. It was ridiculous to see that.
19 Sep 2014, 11:58 AM

I suggest a mute option in-game, or at least a reputation system (based in votes after the match) that decreases the priority in automatch for toxic players.
19 Sep 2014, 12:19 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2014, 11:58 AMGreeb
I suggest a mute option in-game, or at least a reputation system (based in votes after the match) that decreases the priority in automatch for toxic players.

Because trolls would never abuse such a system. Or even "normal" players who get mad after losing (which most do).

Teamkillers, quitters, and afk people should receive some automated temporary penalty though. A mute button isn't too bad either.
19 Sep 2014, 12:40 PM

I think that most Relic staff have shown a lot of patience and generally good behaviour in the past, even when people were harrassing them. I mean, there are enough reasons in my opinion that warrant criticising Relic in some way or the other, but criticism is sometimes expressed in a very harsh and insulting way, especially in the internet. Seeing this Relic usually reacts still very nicely to these things.

bC / Breaking Brad / Braden Chan is a bit different in that regard, as he seems to interact with the community like as if he is part of the community and not like a Relic staff member. This on the one hand doesn't have to be necessarily a bad thing, you can regard that as being close to the community, and we like to interact with Relic when we can. On the other hand this may sometimes go a bit too far and appear trollish (or in this incident insulting), which comes into conflict with his position as a Relic employee. You generally would expect them to "lead by example", because how can you expect your community to be well behaved if you are not at least showing yourself as well behaved?

I am not sure what results out of this thread now, but it is at least nice to see that Relic is thinking about the current situation.

By the way I would also like to have a mute function for players in game, because insults and harrassment are sadly not uncommon in automatches in general.
19 Sep 2014, 12:54 PM

Here at Relic we work hard to encourage the community and fans of the Company of Heroes series to treat each other with respect and play the game in the spirit of good sportsmanship. We strive to cultivate a fun environment for those playing our games and interacting within our community.

The Company of Heroes community is exceptionally close-knit and it is really important to us to foster a culture of mutual respect and support. Our fans are vital to our success, and the relationship that we are building with you guys is incredibly important to us.

As developers, we hold ourselves to this same high standard. We were recently made aware of a situation that has exposed a failure to meet these standards. It’s important we ensure that all employee interactions also support the values with which we govern our community. We take this matter very seriously and will be investigating this further so that we can avoid something like this happening again.

Thank you for your continued support!

The Relic Community Team

Jeffery ‘Noun’ Simpson and Cynthia_RE

Solid reponse to recent events, much appreciated.
19 Sep 2014, 13:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2014, 12:19 PMkamk

Because trolls would never abuse such a system. Or even "normal" players who get mad after losing (which most do).

Well, then a way to ban players form your automatch search. I've played against a complete asshole I don't want to play against him again.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2014, 12:19 PMkamk
Teamkillers, quitters, and afk people should receive some automated temporary penalty though. A mute button isn't too bad either.

I don't see any problem with quitting from a game.
If I see that my teammate is an absolute noob I dont want to spend 40 minutes for a sure lose, I prefer to quit and try again.
Or those teammates than doesn't realize that the game is lost and never want to surrender.

I personally won't play to the game if I'm stuck nearly 1 hour in games that I don't want to play.
19 Sep 2014, 13:25 PM

Thanks for taking the time Cynthia, and as Sib said, the toxic behaviour is a consequence of the current state of the game and the previous communication of Relic. If these change, the behaviour will change with it.
19 Sep 2014, 13:43 PM

We NEED a mute button. Don't force us to read every rubbish our enemys want to throw at us.

I just want to mention LoL and Dota here. These games have really toxic communitys, but most problems for me are solved with a mute button. If someone says something a bit offensiv, I just ignore him. If he then again says something bad, I just mute him instead of flaming back, and everyone is happy.
19 Sep 2014, 13:50 PM

But we must accept Hank rage was hilarious XDD
19 Sep 2014, 13:52 PM

I guess I could see automatch being a good competitive environment to evaluate a units performance, but when you represent the company (and the specific department) that is responsible for obviously imbalanced(or at the very least extremely frustrating) units, and then you abuse the strength of the unit by both trolling in game and in the replay thread, you're going to come off as both incompetent and rude.

You are not trolling in game when you play with whatever/strong units, and not a whole lot of players care if you think e.g. kubels be too strong waah. It's like having to adjust to whatever crazy balance ideas whatever player might have.

Really hoping this incident was more than this brad fellow saying one bad word..
19 Sep 2014, 13:54 PM

Permanently Banned
I didn't know that this was going to cause this much trouble. My attitude to Brad was clearly laid-back and I was just stirring him up. The fact that he reacted in that way was a bit strange but it's nothing I would personally make a big deal about. I know that Relic has some standards when dealing with the community and how employees interact with the community and I think that's fine - of course Relic wants to come off a little more sophisticated than "GG Asshole".

Thanks Cynthia
raw
19 Sep 2014, 13:57 PM

We NEED a mute button.

I am fairly sure CoH2 has no voice chat.
19 Sep 2014, 14:00 PM

Edit: Removed as it might be better to talk privately to Relic.

Maybe, but I managed to read it, and perhaps others too. I got the idea, and I'm glad I found out what happened actually.
I kinda agree with you and everybody - including Relic Staff - should take into account the following things:
1. This is a verry intense game. Intense games born intense behaviors that can emerge from the most nice people. That is one of the features of your product. Deal with it;
2. If such behavior is unwanted, the owner must be warned several times. If he persists, then steps must be taken;
3. It has nothing to do with balance. No matter how balanced will be this game, flamers are flamers;
4. I am an employee to. What am I doing during my private time, it's my business.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS