Login

russian armor

Why were scripts nerfed again 2 patches ago?

18 Sep 2014, 00:53 AM

I just don't think the survivability nerf really affects OKW vs Soviet balance, since conscripts aren't that useful in that matchup that much. Or at least, I haven't really noticed a lot of them.

That's the problem. The "core" infantry unit of a faction shouldn't be useless in a match up.
18 Sep 2014, 01:24 AM

I just don't think the survivability nerf really affects OKW vs Soviet balance, since conscripts aren't that useful in that matchup that much. Or at least, I haven't really noticed a lot of them.

Kind of my point. The change to them should be towards making them more viable towards OKW not less so. It would allow more viable commander choices then having to worry about either spamming support units such as maxims and snipers or relying in call in infantry. I think Volks would be a good model for a utility infantry unit rather then a combat unit.
18 Sep 2014, 02:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2014, 05:31 AMKatitof

Except their close range DPS got unchanged, gren survivability went up by about 10% and con survivability dropped by about 9%.

So while they will beat grens, they have harder time doing so them pre patch.
Are you sure? Pre-patch I would lose 2 model to kill grens at close range. Post-patch I would only lose 1 model sometimes none.
18 Sep 2014, 02:41 AM

Scripts are kinda meh this patch, once those obers and volks gain vet cons drop like flies. (not as quickly as irregulars though, sweet jesus 1 armor really turns them into a meat grinder, even at vet 3 :guyokay: Only use is their sometimes supportive lmg and grenade)
18 Sep 2014, 02:50 AM

Too all those who say that conscripts were nerfed, is it just your gut feeling or do you have any data to support it?

Since at least when compared to Grenadiers I'd personally would say, if anything, that they were buffed against them.

Conscripts in the early game are about as good as they were.

Mid to late game when enemies have upgrades the extra damage they take increases exponentially b/c of the survivability nerf.

In short their damage helps early but does not scale. Their lower survivability does not hurt them early too much but makes them scale worse than ever
18 Sep 2014, 02:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Sep 2014, 02:41 AMVonIvan
Scripts are kinda meh this patch, once those obers and volks gain vet cons drop like flies. (not as quickly as irregulars though, sweet jesus 1 armor really turns them into a meat grinder, even at vet 3 :guyokay: Only use is their sometimes supportive lmg and grenade)

The Jedi Master has spoken!!!!!
18 Sep 2014, 02:56 AM

but makes them scale worse than ever

The exact opposite of what was needed. :facepalm:
19 Sep 2014, 05:39 AM

After having played around more with cons post patch, I really think they need to revert the increased acc multiplier. They weren't that tough before and now they just get shredded. The mid range dps buff wasn't enough to make putting them in cover all that worth it as you're just delaying the inevitable lost fire fight. Now though, charging in to throw molly or to get close range dps really hurts.

Go watch ATR's latest shoutcast of Sage v Walther in the shoutcast section. Not Sage's best game but it shows how fast cons get murdered by everything. That plus the maxim bug plus the t-34 bug fix made this a pretty painful patch for sovs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★