Login

russian armor

Demo charges on Ice

15 Sep 2014, 05:06 AM
Donator 22

Had an american team use this on me today. How is someone supposed to counter this? You can't see them. You can't detect them. Unless you catch them placing it, they are completely undetectable. And they can be built in the first several minutes of the game.

In the past, I have seen demo charges placed in the snow. They looked like weapons you can pick up, but either this was something that was changed in the patch or this is an exploit.

Unless of course, this is a feature. :rolleyes:
15 Sep 2014, 05:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Minesweeper? Attack ground?

PD: had you ever seen the small AT mines on ice? That's evil.
15 Sep 2014, 05:26 AM
Donator 22

Minesweeper? Attack ground?

PD: had you ever seen the small AT mines on ice? That's evil.

Sweepers work on demos? I looked at the description on the Coh2 unit guide (http://www.coh2.org/guides/2573/german-unit-guide) and they say the hazard removal upgrade detects mines but says nothing about demolition charges. If you've used them to do so, I'll believe you. I have no experience using them in this capacity.
15 Sep 2014, 05:42 AM
Patrion 15

Sweepers will detect demos, and I'm actually not sure if they will disarm them, as I have never tried due to the fact that I don't want my face to explode in the process.

Not sure if there is something odd going on with demos & ice this patch, though.
15 Sep 2014, 05:45 AM

Sweepers detect demos but do not disarm. You must manually detonate demos by attack ground or grenades.
15 Sep 2014, 05:46 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Demos are detected by sweepers yes, but I dont knwo if they can defuse them USe a grenade or attack ground on tanks to be safe
15 Sep 2014, 05:46 AM

Sweepers will detect demos, and I'm actually not sure if they will disarm them, as I have never tried due to the fact that I don't want my face to explode in the process.

Not sure if there is something odd going on with demos & ice this patch, though.

They will detect, but not disarm.

You need to shoot something that have some penetration/throw nade on it.
15 Sep 2014, 05:56 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 05:46 AMKatitof

They will detect, but not disarm.

You need to shoot something that have some penetration/throw nade on it.

Will they detect at a safe distance or will they die if the demo is set off?
15 Sep 2014, 06:09 AM

15 Sep 2014, 06:10 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 05:56 AMMortar

Will they detect at a safe distance or will they die if the demo is set off?

They will be at a safe distance, you just have to pay attention.

BTW, does anyone else think "Demo Charges on Ice" sounds like a Broadway show?
15 Sep 2014, 06:47 AM

Demo charge is really expensive and it is the perfect way to punishing blobbers on city maps.

Nothing more fun then wiping 4-5 squads while their owner a-moves them between buildings.
15 Sep 2014, 06:55 AM

we need Goliath. Then that would be even more fun.
15 Sep 2014, 07:23 AM

I'm sure i disarmed a Demo with my sweepers. But you have to be very carfully because the other player can still detonate the demo while you disarm it.
15 Sep 2014, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 06:47 AMarmatak
Demo charge is really expensive and it is the perfect way to punishing blobbers on city maps.

Nothing more fun then wiping 4-5 squads while their owner a-moves them between buildings.

It's the perfect way to punish anyone who builds infantry.

It practically disables harrassing points, you have to send a detector unit around with a grenade-throwing unit. Generally it's hard to spare that much manpower for harrassing so you often have to just accept you can't do it. Or expect to lose squads to the 2-click cheese-bomb.

#2clickcheese

Why the hell do soviets even need demo? So Axis can never garrison a house ever again? There's no bunker spam in this game. They should make it auo-detonate after 5-seconds. That leaves the demolition ability in the game without the silly hidden death button.

Remove it or just give it to Axis for a while, then see what the soviet/ami players say when they're losing their vetted inf squad by squad to a 2-click weapon.
15 Sep 2014, 09:07 AM

Honestly the German forces do need someyhing like a demo charge. It is kinda not fair that Soviet and USAF < with the doctrine > can have demo charges while the OKW and Wehr do not get anything remotly similar. And those two factions tend to fight with blobs much often anyways. Would love to punish some USAF rifle blobs with well placed demo charge but nope. Try to predict where will he move when he hears the Stuka... Argh.
15 Sep 2014, 11:22 AM

Mine sweepers detect demo charges and can disable them (unless they changed something about it this patch, didn't try it yet). It is simply not a really good way to get rid of the demos. Your unit has to get directly above them to defuse. The second they start defusing the demo can't be triggered anymore, but if your opposing player is carefully watching he can trigger right before, wiping an upgraded squad.
15 Sep 2014, 11:58 AM

Mine sweepers detect demo charges and can disable them (unless they changed something about it this patch, didn't try it yet). It is simply not a really good way to get rid of the demos. Your unit has to get directly above them to defuse. The second they start defusing the demo can't be triggered anymore, but if your opposing player is carefully watching he can trigger right before, wiping an upgraded squad.

thx MilkaCow didnt know you cant trigger the demo if you started to defuse it.
15 Sep 2014, 13:25 PM

Why the hell do soviets even need demo? So Axis can never garrison a house ever again? There's no bunker spam in this game. They should make it auo-detonate after 5-seconds. That leaves the demolition ability in the game without the silly hidden death button.

Remove it or just give it to Axis for a while, then see what the soviet/ami players say when they're losing their vetted inf squad by squad to a 2-click weapon.

Let's remove demolition charges if axis factions lose all infiltration infantry, ok?

We need a way to destroy buildings earlygame to avoid lame squads spawning behind us. By the way, each demo are 90 ammo. Even if you cheese with them, is a fucking expensive cheese.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 17
South Africa 2
unknown 10
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %