Login

russian armor

Allies is hurting this game for new players.

13 Sep 2014, 08:04 AM

If You show yours...

As soon as I start spamming "Faction/Unit X OP" threads all over the forum, you can have it :bananadance:
13 Sep 2014, 08:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 08:03 AMKhan
I was talking about QueenRatchet123 :loco:

My apologies :) First I thought so, but then I saw it was just below my post... :guyokay:
13 Sep 2014, 08:08 AM

My apologies :) First I thought so, but then I saw it was just below my post... :guyokay:

Hahaha. I agree with what you've said throughout the thread. He hardly has any games as Axis and whines about balance. Also, you can't trust the opinion of a new player on balance. There's a thing known as learning curve, and all new players must over come it before they can play decently.
13 Sep 2014, 08:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2014, 08:08 AMKhan
There's a thing known as learning curve, and all new players must over come it before they can play decently.

So much this!! And it is harder with CoH2, as all the unit stats are hidden in the code (and somehow in the forums, tip of the hat to the guys digging things out and posting them). IMO, the big UI space between the mini map and the command buttons should not be used for useless flavor text but be filled with (at least!!) DPS near/mit/far, range near/mid/far and received accuracy/armor for infantry and range, penetration, armor front/back, rate of fire and target size, so you can actually tell see how a unit should perform best without digging through the internet.
I guess I'll start a topic about that :D
13 Sep 2014, 08:21 AM

2day i was playing a 4v4 as OKW. i had to leave because i had a study group member call me. i came back 4minutes later, and we were still winning.

We can see why it's not easy to win as Allies. You and your friends are gonna have to wait for Relic to start balance 3v3 and 4v4 in a different manner to 1v1 if you want to enjoy those large matches as USF/Soviet.
13 Sep 2014, 09:17 AM

Permanently Banned

As soon as I start spamming "Faction/Unit X OP" threads all over the forum, you can have it :bananadance:

In the meantime. i will respectfully disagree
13 Sep 2014, 09:22 AM

These videos show nothing but a lack of gameplay understanding. Trying to frontally charge mgs over and over again says it all.

QueenRatchet123, you'll need to be a bit more constructive than simply posting a video. How do you find the USF lacking?
13 Sep 2014, 09:31 AM

The guy in the video clearly didn't understand how the game worked.
Vaz
13 Sep 2014, 10:31 AM

I'm going to take the side of the OP on this one. I just got WFA on sale and you can see on my player card that my experience with USF has been painful. I'm still provisioning some game types, but I have yet to win a 4v4 LOL. I can't do anything but laugh at that. I'll play soviet and win and I'll play Axis and hardly ever lose. I play USF and the bigger the game gets, the more frustrating it is. The difference is, I'm not playing stupid like the guy in the videos, I'm actually outscoring everyone in the game in damage and often time kills too.

I think there are a few reasons that combine here to make USF such a pain in particular, but overall hard for newbs. We need newbs in this game or it doesn't grow. If it doesn't grow, Relic won't make money and Relic won't be able to make new shit or keep the lights on. So please cast out all that bullshit about how bad this guy played. That's what newbs are supposed to do.

Instead of focus on his bad play(which he acknowledged in the game is partly responsible), listen to what he is saying. I actually kind of like him, because he's very aggressive, which I find is often a problem with newbs. He wants access to more diverse units at the start. I don't think this is too much to ask for. The teching tree for USF is all over the place with a lot of basic shit being locked behind a substantial fuel wall. There is no standard mortar(unless you want to count the pack howitzer, which costs a lot of fuel to get access to), the basic MG is behind a fuel payment that is not given at the start, unlike everyone else. There is no sniper, lol.

The really sad part is that it feels like fixing the USF will actually require design level changes and Relic has yet to ever go back on design. What's here is here.

The other major point I would bring up is the matchmaking logic. I oppose it greatly. The idea of adding up rank and trying to make allies equal axis as close as possible among all players is dumb. This tends to result in extreme skill mixing making for frustrating experiences for ALL players not in 1v1. I feel all the game should try to get players of equal rank as close as possible into the same game, instead of grabbing a newb here and there to complete the addition method. If you join the matchmaking pool for a 3v3 and your prestige 1 rank 1, the game should try to pull you 2 allies and 3 opponents where all those players are also prestige 1 rank 1. If it cannot find an exact match, then it can expand up or down from that point by say 5 or 10 ranks. With this method you will of course still have varying skills in the games, but you will not end up with some that are well versed in gameplay and others that are fumbling around trying to keep up.

Wouldn't it be much better if the noobs play the noobs and the vets play vets? It would make ranking happen perhaps a little slower, since some of these unfair games pay out a tremendous rank increase if you win the handicap, but each individual game would be much more satisfying to play.
13 Sep 2014, 10:38 AM

I like my factions to not be copies of each other though. Doing all of that will just make the U.S. a Soviet clone.
13 Sep 2014, 10:58 AM

Yes, yes, allies up, axis op :D
13 Sep 2014, 11:05 AM

This video does highlight three problems, neither of them really with the balance, but mostly perception and information:

- The first is that there is little information or strategies on the factions. Highlighting their strengths and weaknesses and to a degree explaining the ideas behind them. Those exist on CoH2.org, but that is not a source where most people would look for.
- The second is that people complain when they see a problem. Yet in most cases this problem only exists in their heads and instead of trying to tackle it they complain.
- The third is the inability to differ between design and balance. Both of the new factions have compared to the old ones rather extreme unit sets. That means they need to be played different and are probably not that great for new players. This difference in timings (USF HMG not available or later, OKW has HMG only doctrinal) or unit availability (both have no mortar but a light AT/Howitzer/Gun/Mix) might seem bad at first. That's because you are on the receiving end of a timing where the enemy has a better time, while your one ones you feel a bit less pronounced.
13 Sep 2014, 11:36 AM

This video does highlight three problems, neither of them really with the balance, but mostly perception and information:

- The first is that there is little information or strategies on the factions. Highlighting their strengths and weaknesses and to a degree explaining the ideas behind them. Those exist on CoH2.org, but that is not a source where most people would look for.
- The second is that people complain when they see a problem. Yet in most cases this problem only exists in their heads and instead of trying to tackle it they complain.
- The third is the inability to differ between design and balance. Both of the new factions have compared to the old ones rather extreme unit sets. That means they need to be played different and are probably not that great for new players. This difference in timings (USF HMG not available or later, OKW has HMG only doctrinal) or unit availability (both have no mortar but a light AT/Howitzer/Gun/Mix) might seem bad at first. That's because you are on the receiving end of a timing where the enemy has a better time, while your one ones you feel a bit less pronounced.

Well said. +1.
13 Sep 2014, 11:55 AM

Permanently Banned

Ones perception is their reality....
13 Sep 2014, 12:50 PM

Hello!

I am not a Troll. Because i everytime say the same Things: Since CoH2 Beta 2013 Axis are OP. In Team games, also up to 2v2/3v3 and especially in 4v4. (Elephant/Jagdtiger/Luftwaffencommander/Tiger and Panther Spam)

I've a Friend which was a Beginner too i showed him Company of heroes 2 and he is a Player now. But he saw very fast that Germans are op. There was a Time where he wasnt in the same Opinion like me that Axis are op.

But its changed again after he saw some things.

It is so simple: Just think about okw + ost (Luftwaffen) fast Fuel fast Stuka zu Fuss and fast Heavy Tanks.... :D

2x Sturmpioneers will kill all ...
13 Sep 2014, 12:51 PM

Sorry but that is not true. As a German you have to take heavy care of your units because they die like flies.
If a mate in 2 on 2 goes afk for two times in a row, losing all his units once is a sure gg if the enemies are not total noobs, especially as allies.

Then they should play League of Legends, no offense. It's a very fast game with a gigantic player base. You get to play very fast.

CoH2 as a real time strategy needs some time to learn, but in fact CoH is a very fast one in his genre. Take games like Total War or Men of War. You will have to play for ages until you really understand how things work. CoH is so Arcade that you should know how to play after 10 games more or less. But if you're friends are not willing to try the game why did they even buy it?

Thats absolutely wrong!!! Especially the fett marked part !!!!
I have other Experiences and 1300 Game Hours!!!
13 Sep 2014, 13:02 PM

Thats absolutely wrong!!! Especially the fett marked part !!!!
I have other Experiences and 1300 Game Hours!!!

It seems like you never saw a fight Ostheer grens vs rifles.

btw *fat *bold, silly me

Satzzeichen sind keine Rudeltiere.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 14
United States 3
United Kingdom 76
Germany 25
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias