Login

russian armor

Allies is hurting this game for new players.

13 Sep 2014, 03:55 AM

Permanently Banned
I have friends that played coh1 and a little bit of coh2. most Were excited to here about WFA coming out. Mostly to see a return of the USF.

My friends stop playing this game very fast. the balance issue are so prevalent even noobs see it. It was impossible to get my friends to keep playing. I be like lets play coh2 they say "NO, its unbalanced!" . They are simply not coming back.

I try to teach them how to play. but, their frustration increases and they simply don't want to play. OKW is fun tho, but the wait times are too long. Most of my friends have jobs and lives. they want to play a game for fun. Not the "lets wait 8min for a single game as axis" game. or the "use cheese to win or win in 15min" game.

I did not make these videos.But, take the time to watch the entire videos. This guy is by no means a pro, but he gives me a very enlightening perspective on how a new player sees this game.

13 Sep 2014, 05:04 AM

I've made a 2vs2 rdm game as Ostheer, my team mate was Ostheer too.

We were facing 2 decent soviets, one goes dual sniper, other maxims/Zis.

Around 7mn my team mate afk without telling me, letting his units at the middle of the map
He lost everything, the soviets captured most of the map.

The dude was afk for more than 4+ min, I was so mad, for me it would mean game lost, but well Im quite new playing German so...

When he came back he did a lot of units, packing them together and go to hold the mid.

The guy goes back afk for like 3mn, the sov didnt attacked him but well his blob army was scary

Just to say, when you play german you can go outside talk to your neighbour come back , then go away again, come back and still manage to win.

This was insane.
13 Sep 2014, 05:12 AM

Just to say, when you play german you can go outside talk to your neighbour come back , then go away again, come back and still manage to win.

This was insane.

Sorry but that is not true. As a German you have to take heavy care of your units because they die like flies.
If a mate in 2 on 2 goes afk for two times in a row, losing all his units once is a sure gg if the enemies are not total noobs, especially as allies.

I have friends that played coh1 and a little bit of coh2. most Were excited to here about WFA coming out. Mostly to see a return of the USF.

My friends stop playing this game very fast. the balance issue are so prevalent even noobs see it. It was impossible to get my friends to keep playing. I be like lets play coh2 they say "NO, its unbalanced!" . They are simply not coming back.

I try to teach them how to play. but, their frustration increases and they simply don't want to play. OKW is fun tho, but the wait times are too long. Most of my friends have jobs and lives. they want to play a game for fun. Not the "lets wait 8min for a single game as axis" game. or the "use cheese to win or win in 15min" game.

Then they should play League of Legends, no offense. It's a very fast game with a gigantic player base. You get to play very fast.

CoH2 as a real time strategy needs some time to learn, but in fact CoH is a very fast one in his genre. Take games like Total War or Men of War. You will have to play for ages until you really understand how things work. CoH is so Arcade that you should know how to play after 10 games more or less. But if you're friends are not willing to try the game why did they even buy it?

13 Sep 2014, 05:23 AM

Permanently Banned

Sorry but that is not true. As a German you have to take heavy care of your units because they die like flies.
If a mate in 2 on 2 goes afk for two times in a row, losing all his units once is a sure gg if the enemies are not total noobs, especially as allies.

Then they should play League of Legends, no offense. It's a very fast game with a gigantic player base. You get to play very fast.

CoH2 as a real time strategy needs some time to learn, but in fact CoH is a very fast one in his genre. Take games like Total War or Men of War. You will have to play for ages until you really understand how things work. CoH is so Arcade that you should know how to play after 10 games more or less. But if you're friends are not willing to try the game why did they even buy it?

Most have more than 100hours. they know how to play. i try to teach tem to make them better. yet. When playing allies i have to tell them alot of things. as axis i say very little. Just camp and win.

The problem is. we have to wait like 5-15min to get a game. only to have allied players rage and leave. While we get instant games as allies. But, allies require alot more skill, leaving my friends having trouble. They are basic/casual noobs. They shouldn't have to be micro pros to win as allies. YET, play like crap and win as axis. With really long wait times.

This game is simply not balanced

Allies have to win very fast (with in 10-20min) this makes victories unsatisfying. Yet losses are EXTREMELY frustrating.

All factions need to be fun to play. The main problem being allies high skill gap, and axis long wait times have forced my friends to player other games. Making allies more appealing will help axis also. more challenging games are not a bad thing. With more allies playing faster matchmaking times. People will be more willing to change factions.

2day i was playing a 4v4 as OKW. i had to leave because i had a study group member call me. i came back 4minutes later, and we were still winning.
13 Sep 2014, 05:30 AM

That guy's fury is impressive. The button nerf has me feeling almost like that. I would say just have them learn on German and deal with the wait times since the strategy for them is more noob friendly. Noobs don't understand how strong rifle squads can be with good positioning whereas German starting play is pretty self-explanatory. That guy and his right side ally obviously don't get that on first contact with ostheer you can't have all your guys in a line and spreading them out is the fun strategy but whatevs.

I'm a long time ally player just switching to German and yes I have more fun playing as the Germans. They just have cooler stuff that works.
13 Sep 2014, 06:07 AM

Guy in the vid fucks up royally, then blames the game.

I don't see anything "enlightening about new players experience" in that at all.

I just see a drunk, rather biased, impatient, annoying, whiney, uncooperative guy ranting at the game and blaming it for his own mistakes.
13 Sep 2014, 06:23 AM

that vid is so bad he clearly doesnt know how to play then blames the game. how is this how new players see the game when i was new to Vcoh i blamed my skill not the game for my losses

someone ffs tell the guy in the vid to learn how to vault pls
13 Sep 2014, 06:32 AM
Donator 11

I guess he's not a fan of Rifle Company. >:
13 Sep 2014, 06:34 AM

Permanently Banned

I don't see anything "enlightening about new players experience" in that at all.

I just see a drunk, rather biased, impatient, annoying, whiney, uncooperative guy ranting at the game and blaming it for his own mistakes.

Yes i agree, but i get mad sometimes at other games. This guy is not alone. Scroll around the steam(coh2) community forums.

Its mostly noobs complaining about how bad allies are. My point is that one shouldn't have to be a pro to have fun

For EX. i can hop into a SC2 game with the bro's laugh and have a fun great time. with coh2. we either have to wait a hella long time. or get pissed cus we didn't win in 20min.
13 Sep 2014, 06:51 AM

Lady Ratchet, could you please finally calm your tits and stop spamming these unneccessary threads until you have played at least a decent amout of games as axis? If you'd actually play axis, you'd see that its not the way you think it is.

mrs-i-never-play-axis-and-don't-even-play-allies-at-a-decent-level-but-know-everything-about-balance

Really, please go and play axis for the next 30 games, then come back and tell us how easy it is with them.
13 Sep 2014, 06:56 AM

Wow, interesting to see how playing teamgames at rank 10000+ looks like. Thanks for that outsider report :)
13 Sep 2014, 07:05 AM

Permanently Banned
Lady Ratchet, could you please finally calm your tits and stop spamming these unneccessary threads until you have played at least a decent amout of games as axis? If you'd actually play axis, you'd see that its not the way you think it is.

mrs-i-never-play-axis-and-don't-even-play-allies-at-a-decent-level-but-know-everything-about-balance

Really, please go and play axis for the next 30 games, then come back and tell us how easy it is with them.

It is ez to win with them.. i like all factions. but, allies i get frustrated with very fast. unlike axis.

1v1' are a bit harder. but they dominate in teamgames.

P.S> ima bro
13 Sep 2014, 07:12 AM

+1

When the guy outright states that he will stop recording if he starts to win the game I had to facepalm.
13 Sep 2014, 07:16 AM

It is ez to win with them.. i like all factions. but, allies i get frustrated with very fast. unlike axis.

1v1' are a bit harder. but they dominate in teamgames.

P.S> ima bro

Yeah, I understand why you don't get frustrated playing as axis. How should you get frustrated doing something if you're not even doing it.

And how can you claim that you like all factions, when you almost completely ignore 2 of them. Are you some kind of monk, that swore an oath to live abstinently concerning axis? :P
13 Sep 2014, 07:24 AM

Permanently Banned

Yeah, I understand why you don't get frustrated playing as axis. How should you get frustrated doing something if you're not even doing it.

And how can you claim that you like all factions, when you almost completely ignore 2 of them. Are you some kind of monk, that swore an oath to live abstinently concerning axis? :P

Custom games.....
13 Sep 2014, 07:53 AM

Ever thought of the possibility of you not playing against equally skilled players in your custom games? You really get a bunch of randomly skilled players to play with/against you.

The problem is. we have to wait like 5-15min to get a game. only to have allied players rage and leave. While we get instant games as allies.

That sounds a lot like you're searching ranked.

Also, from reading a lot of your posts (I read a lot on these forums, although it's getting worse every month with all the pointless whining), you don't seem to be that credible. Last time somebody mentioned your profile, you replied with "it hasn't updated yet". Now you claim that you're playing sooo much custom games as axis.
Would you mind sharing your steam profile? Matching your hours played with your player card, one could at least estimate if what you're saying is true.
13 Sep 2014, 08:02 AM

Permanently Banned
Ever thought of the possibility of you not playing against equally skilled players in your custom games? You really get a bunch of randomly skilled players to play with/against you.

That sounds a lot like you're searching ranked.

Also, from reading a lot of your posts (I read a lot on these forums, although it's getting worse every month with all the pointless whining), you don't seem to be that credible. Last time somebody mentioned your profile, you replied with "it hasn't updated yet". Now you claim that you're playing sooo much custom games as axis.
Would you mind sharing your steam profile? Matching your hours played with your player card, one could at least estimate if what you're saying is true.

If You show yours...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS