Login

russian armor

Are you taking a break from the CoH2 title?

14 Sep 2014, 16:36 PM

I play 1v1 mostly and I'm playing this game less and less. For me it's mostly the lack of players that are of my skill level in combination with boring meta.

My ELO is fairly high so I often get matched up against top 10 players who will kick my ass in 10 minutes or less. If I leave the game you can't search for a new game because there is a 90% I will get matched against the same guy again for another rape session.

Then there are those times when apparently no good players are on, or they are all in team games or whatnot, and I get to wait 8 minutes for a game only to be placed against a dramatically inferior enemy. There is little fun to be had in those.

When I finally do get an opponent who is of roughly my skill level, I see the same boring strategies over and over again. Hardly any attempts at combined arms, call-in spam galore, always the same OP doctrines, no attempts at using sub-optimal units etc.

The game is pretty amazing when I play against someone of roughly my skill level who actually tries to do something to break the meta. But this only happens once in a blue moon. It's not worth the time investment to play 20 boring games just to get 1 good one.
15 Sep 2014, 10:44 AM

7 words: " Make love " to COH2 and play CS:GO!

Why ? Good Performance, better balance + No P2W bullshit.

2 months in CS:GO ( From July ) and Lord Gabe took 95$ dollars from me for all of those Factory New StatTrak guns, those " good looking sticker " stuff. Lord Gabe can have all of those money and I'm not gonna complain because by all means, I'm his little slave.

I'm stupid am I? all of those shit I pay for will not bring me any advantage, fuck me right ? Also, fuck me for praying to RnG God when I open case to have something that will not in anyway interfere with the gameplay balance right ?

I know that these 2 games are completely different in gaming mode but there is 1 thing in common: Competitive gameplay.

That's all folks.

P/S:

- A COH1 Veteran Lover: Check
- Pre-order COH2 after the very first Alpha Stress test: Check
- Buy every P2W commmanders and then after sometimes some of them turn into completely trash: Check
- Rage at game Balance: Check
- Rage at game performance: Check
- Feeling like a 8 years old when I heard WFA gonna come out in Summer: Check
- Jizzed in my pants twice after testing out WFA Alpha test: Check
- WFA come out with balance problem, even worse performance, introduce RnG God drop that EFFECT the gameplay, more P2W commanders: Check
- Feel tired, decided to try some CS:GO games that I bought when it was on summer sale: Check
- Holy shit this game is okay?:Check
- Holy mother of lord those cool looking gun only effect the visual but not the gameplay: Check
- Holy Jesus I can sell stuff that I don't want for money???: Check
- Lord Gabe please take me as your slave, here's 95$ btw: Check.

15 Sep 2014, 10:54 AM

What did I just read?

Why would anyone compare CS:GO with CoH2? They don't even fall to same category. If I want to play RTS, why would I think: "Hmm, maybe I will play CS:GO." ?

-EDIT- Ok point something about competitive gameplay. Still, 0 sense.
15 Sep 2014, 10:59 AM

Not sure about you guys but when I play online games, I have 2 kind of games: Casual and Competitive.

Casual: Battlefield 3,4 + Dayz + Destiny. Games that I will chill and not paying too much attention to it.

Competitive: Games that I will devote my life to it, games that I will read every little change about the gameplay + always try to be the best player or at least in the top 10 => 50. ( Sadly, I'm still too noob to be in the AK rank in CS:GO )

So yeah, even being in diffrent game type, COH2 and CS:GO is still in the same " category " for me.

15 Sep 2014, 11:39 AM

I was playing a lot right before the release of the WFA, that was the best period of COH2 I have experienced.

But now I rarely play, ever since the alpha of WFA I made it clear how much I disliked the OKW truck system and even tho it was improved from its original design (which was beyond bad) I still find it deeply unpleasant to play against/with/as.

It felt that they had finally balanced the game extremely well just before the WFA release and then threw it all away.

In my ideal world I would have scrapped the OKW and just added the Americans and allowing them to fight the Soviets.

I'm sad that this is how my COH2 journey has ended up.
15 Sep 2014, 12:26 PM

wuff is right: The state of balance before WFA was okay: only problem was ISU + mine wiped squad a lot because of the AOE profile but overall it was pretty good.

I knew that when WFA come out balance will always be the #1 issue but I didn't know that it's gonna be THIS BIG: 90% players always want to play Axis.
15 Sep 2014, 12:37 PM

That's the worse piece of advice I've ever read in directing RTS players looking for an alternative. Really? An FPS game? lol

15 Sep 2014, 12:44 PM

i think this patch must be pretty balanced because theres a high frequency of all factions being called OP so far.

Hehe
15 Sep 2014, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 11:39 AMwuff
I was playing a lot right before the release of the WFA, that was the best period of COH2 I have experienced.

Just removing ISU and Elefant on that moment and the balance would have been perfect.

And yes, WFA destroyed the balance and the fun, making old factions unflexible and rigid to play if they wanted a chance to win the new ones.

Furthermore, I dislike absolutely Relic's approach in balance patches. I'm tired of placing all my hopes in the next patch, just to see that it only changes minor stats and overbuffs and overnerfs stupid things ignoring all the major design issues (Nobody has built a SU76 since release, and that was a year ago. When are you going to fix that unit, Relic?).
15 Sep 2014, 13:08 PM

I'm not leaving coh 2, i will still play it, basically because it's the only proper WW2 rts out there with a decent mutliplayer scene.

However i too would have preferred if the game stayed on the eastern front, and relic continued to refine and improve the old factions.

After all, this is what made coh 2 so special and amazing for me, even tho it was incredibly unbalanced at time. The eastern front.

I know this is not the popular opinion but that's just me expressing how i feel atleast.
15 Sep 2014, 13:17 PM

I play 1v1 mostly and I'm playing this game less and less. For me it's mostly the lack of players that are of my skill level in combination with boring meta.

My ELO is fairly high so I often get matched up against top 10 players who will kick my ass in 10 minutes or less. If I leave the game you can't search for a new game because there is a 90% I will get matched against the same guy again for another rape session.

Then there are those times when apparently no good players are on, or they are all in team games or whatnot, and I get to wait 8 minutes for a game only to be placed against a dramatically inferior enemy. There is little fun to be had in those.

When I finally do get an opponent who is of roughly my skill level, I see the same boring strategies over and over again. Hardly any attempts at combined arms, call-in spam galore, always the same OP doctrines, no attempts at using sub-optimal units etc.

The game is pretty amazing when I play against someone of roughly my skill level who actually tries to do something to break the meta. But this only happens once in a blue moon. It's not worth the time investment to play 20 boring games just to get 1 good one.
I'll break the meta if you want to spar :D
15 Sep 2014, 15:39 PM

That's the worse piece of advice I've ever read in directing RTS players looking for an alternative. Really? An FPS game? lol

Oh is it ? Have you look at Cataclaw ? He's switch from COH2 to CS:GO fine without a problem.

Is it just me being Asian or you people can only play RTS game? Isn't it common to be able to play both Dota2 ( MOBA ) + COH2 + CS:GO without a problem ?

And who said that's I'm giving advice ? This thread ask " Are you talking a break ? ". My answer is simply saying " yes I did and I switch to CS:GO and explain why ".

lol.
15 Sep 2014, 16:29 PM
Patrion 14

I'm bored of 90% Axis players in team games. Relic seems to hate the majority of people who like 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 and, frankly, Axis is OP'd to shit in those matches.

I know tickling the tummies of the 1 v 1 Master Race is important, but at the expense of the majority of players?
15 Sep 2014, 16:44 PM

Permanently Banned
Can we get an official statement from relic? confirming that they don't care about balancing team games...

This is by FAR the most unbalanced RTS ive EVER played
15 Sep 2014, 17:25 PM

This is by FAR the most unbalanced RTS ive EVER played

If you're speaking about team games, its most likely because its your first RTS you've ever played.

Its 100% the same in every other game that doesn't have mirror factions.
15 Sep 2014, 17:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 11:39 AMwuff

In my ideal world I would have scrapped the OKW and just added the Americans and allowing them to fight the Soviets.

I'm sad that this is how my COH2 journey has ended up.

I was actually hoping for that as well... a 3 Faction game making matchmaking similar to starcraft.

I punched the wall as soon as I saw TRUCK SIMULATOR on the previews.
15 Sep 2014, 17:49 PM

what is mirror factions? ostheer vs osteer?
15 Sep 2014, 17:58 PM

I'm not planning giving up on COH 2 but since WFA the performance issues forced me to play less. I can handle balance bullshit but the optimization is killing the game.
15 Sep 2014, 18:44 PM

Wow man, this thread is pretty solid.
A lot of guys thinking the same and 'slowly leaving' the game.

I'm also leaving the game and just sometimes playing with friends, but that's it, I stop investing time and effort in this game.

The amount of ridiculous RNG, the poor performance, the stale meta and the asymmetrical balance will never ever make it a good competitive game.
15 Sep 2014, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 17:49 PMNinjaWJ
what is mirror factions? ostheer vs osteer?

Take ostheer units, change their skins and rename it to "New Soviets"

Then you have a mirrored faction. Same tiers, same buildings, same units, same costs... but diferent skins :)

I only remember Warcraft 2 being 100% mirrored. Maybe first Command & Conquer games were too.

And Katitof is right. Non-mirrored factions means always imbalances. The good balanced games try to patch/fix all these imbalaces as soon as they are noticed.
vCoH e.g. was an incredible game, but it was terrible balancing the game, specially when Opposing Fronts appeared.
Let's hope that WFA doesn't follow that path.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS