Login

russian armor

OBK lategame is broken beyond all reason.

11 Sep 2014, 11:03 AM
Patrion 28

Oberkommando der Wehrmacht
11 Sep 2014, 11:30 AM

If relic achives to balance 4vs4 without screwing 1vs1 balance or mirror the factions I applaud them. But as long as this is not happening I only care about 1vs1 balance.

They could easily have unit stats seperate for 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4 takes more work but it'd be doable. Or change income rates or some such. There are many ways of balancing team games.
11 Sep 2014, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 11:02 AMKatitof

Actually, OBK is english historically correct short.

OKW is proper in polish.

What? No. English has taken the original abbreviation. [edit] Ober is one word, why would they put two letters from one word and then omit the W at the end to boot? No.

Anyway, even if it were "proper English", in the linguistic context we are all using (CoH2) it's called OKW. So using another acronym would be wrong. OKW is also correct in German, which is the language spoken by the game's faction. I don't se why Polish is at all relevant here :huhsign:

Do you have a source that says OBK is correct? Every source I've found says that OKW is correct and that OBK is a Spanish techno group.
11 Sep 2014, 11:56 AM

A game that is often moderately matched or even has the OBK opponent quickly overwhelmed on map control always devolves into the same situation. They've parked all their trucks on a nearby key area, and they camp it until they can either get panthers or a king tiger. Generally vic point alleviates some of this from happening, but in equal-ish footing games where late game draws on, OBK armor essentially removes any skill factor and it becomes a game of drastically disproportionate effort to deal with a handful of nearly 0 effort units, the king tiger primarily, and to a lesser extent the newly buffed panther. 3 Things make this possible.

1. The command truck with its over the top weapon. Makes it impossible to siege the camp unless it is empty for a significant amount of time(longer than any 1on1 map allow for), this is due to its high durability in my opinion. If its going to hit so hard and suppress everything, it needs less health.

2. The speed abilities on the king tiger and the panther. Too much get out of jail free, and with the panther makes AT guns useless. They just end up bypassed. Same for su-85 soviets only real armored anti tank option.

3. The fact you can get multiple king tigers. It can take so much effort and resources to handle late game obk armor that in the time it takes to deal with it, a replacement can easily be afforded to them.

We can do a 1v1 or a 2v2
And i will show you the opposite of; OKW Lategame is broken.
U can play whit which Faction u want, i play OKW.
11 Sep 2014, 11:57 AM

Then OBW early game is broken beyond all reason. Now for soviet the M3 is enough for OKW to piss blood. U need fragile raketenwerfer that will hit every possible object before it hits target, and will aim for 4 seconds while target sits in front of it. And since this patch it scales even worse because u need double exp than before to vet up. What a POS patch. U want sturmpios to kill that m3? Well too bad they can't do shit now. A fast tip for using OKW AA HT, dont ever click to shoot at specific target while set up, or u will wait another 4 seconds... No HP nerf for soviet snipers? What a POS this game became, bunch of incompetent guys in charge of balance... This is just a OKW early game, there are so much weird balance for all factions. This game is broken...
Even UI goes trolo on me sometimes and it wont react on retreat and throw grenade since forever.
Panzerfusiliers same shit, order to throw grenade and nothing happens. Lost a half squad before i press retreat because they didnt throw it.
Screw this, will wait for next patch to see what they will fu*k up next.
11 Sep 2014, 11:59 AM

I don't known if u heard of the game mode 4v4? Yea just about every 4v4 I play as usf that last 35min. My team will face multiple JT's,kt's, and tigers. And yes p4s.

I don't know y this is funny to you?. But yea, okw late game is beyond op in a 4v4.

That explains all.
4v4. Pfff....<444>_<444>

I wouldn't complain about balance related to 4v4. Wtf is this game? Counter-strike? battlefield ? The only balance that matters is 1v1 and 2v2. That is the base. The balance is done stating from 1v1 and ending with 2v2. What is beyond CANNOT be balanced and it won't ever be.
11 Sep 2014, 12:08 PM

Then OBW early game is broken beyond all reason. Now for soviet the M3 is enough for OKW to piss blood. U need fragile raketenwerfer that will hit every possible object before it hits target, and will aim for 4 seconds while target sits in front of it. And since this patch it scales even worse because u need double exp than before to vet up. What a POS patch. U want sturmpios to kill that m3? Well too bad they can't do shit now. A fast tip for using OKW AA HT, dont ever click to shoot at specific target while set up, or u will wait another 4 seconds... No HP nerf for soviet snipers? What a POS this game became, bunch of incompetent guys in charge of balance... This is just a OKW early game, there are so much weird balance for all factions. This game is broken...
Even UI goes trolo on me sometimes and it wont react on retreat and throw grenade since forever.
Panzerfusiliers same shit, order to throw grenade and nothing happens. Lost a half squad before i press retreat because they didnt throw it.
Screw this, will wait for next patch to see what they will fu*k up next.

IMO that's just wrong and a L2P issue, I've been murdering M3's with a Sturm (starting unit) Volks, Kubel, Volks opening. Usually only the first 3 are in the fight when M3 arrives, the kubel buff makes it a beast now, when it doesn't decide it wants to randomly spin.

The Okw AAHT is a known "bug" but Relic seem to not care. Again a known bug with grenades.
11 Sep 2014, 12:18 PM

Wrong again, I've been murdering M3's with a Sturm (starting unit) Volks, Kubel, Volks opening. Usually on;y the first 3 are in the fight when M3 arrives, the kubel buff makes it a beast now, when it doesn't decide it wants to randomly spin.

The Okw AAHT is a known "bug" but Relic seem to not care. Again a known bug with grenades.

So what happens when after m3 sniper hits the field, or god forbid he puts flamers in a m3? Before u could out micro it and destroy it fast with some luck with two sturmpios. M3 will be first unit to get in battle if he goes that strat and that it makes very hard to prepare for it, because u will need everything that u have to deal with it, if he used a little micro on it. If m3 flanks a kubel he will die so fast it wont matter that even u have a pak mounted on Kubel.
11 Sep 2014, 12:32 PM

So what happens when after m3 sniper hits the field, or god forbid he puts flamers in a m3? Before u could out micro it and destroy it fast with some luck with two sturmpios. M3 will be first unit to get in battle if he goes that strat and that it makes very hard to prepare for it, because u will need everything that u have to deal with it, if he used a little micro on it. If m3 flanks a kubel he will die so fast it wont matter that even u have a pak mounted on Kubel.

If at all, this would be a design flaw in soviet teching and has nothing to do with balancing.
11 Sep 2014, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 12:32 PMTrainzz

has nothing to do with balancing.

Well, before this balance patch it was ok to fight against, now it's harder and it is design problem, or balance matter too?
11 Sep 2014, 13:08 PM

They could easily have unit stats seperate for 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4 takes more work but it'd be doable. Or change income rates or some such. There are many ways of balancing team games.

In COH1 the 4v4 maps had +5 fuels at best and if there was ever a +10 or +16 it was singular and designed to be a focus of combat. So even upgrading them got you at best another +3 fuel. But in COH2 the big maps still have fuel points and every cap point is like in 1v1s.

This doesn't make sense. Teching SHOULD be slowed in bigger games. They last longer by their very nature. More to the point, if factions are designed to be asymmetrical in strength at different points in the game then you HAVE to slow it down in bigger games and/or maps.
11 Sep 2014, 14:03 PM

Well, before this balance patch it was ok to fight against, now it's harder and it is design problem, or balance matter too?

In a hand of a good player, the M3 will not be killed by OKW Tier 1 (unless you go panzerwerfer.. which would be an overkill i guess). Making a unit (in this case the Sturm Pio) so strong that it can fight off a unit that it is not supposed to fight off is NOT a way to achieve balance, it is simply a bad way of fixing design mistakes.

Ofc, the M3 will be stronger if you nerf the only unit that could stand up to it, but the main problem lies within soviet T1 being able to field sth that OKW has no counter for.
11 Sep 2014, 14:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 11:59 AMJohnnyB

That explains all.
4v4. Pfff....<444>_<444>

I wouldn't complain about balance related to 4v4. Wtf is this game? Counter-strike? battlefield ? The only balance that matters is 1v1 and 2v2. That is the base. The balance is done stating from 1v1 and ending with 2v2. What is beyond CANNOT be balanced and it won't ever be.

That is a poor attitude. 4v4 exists and SHOULD be balanced. Nice comparisons with an FPS....

Why should it end with 2v2?

I like the idea of slowing down tech progression in team games. Right now, medium tanks can be pumped out around 12-15 minutes. Late game basically begins at 20 minutes.
11 Sep 2014, 14:48 PM

Permanently Banned
King Tiger and IS2, 2x lategame op units.

But you can win vs OKW or SOV anyway.
11 Sep 2014, 14:50 PM
Benefactor 115

sturms didn't get worse against M3s though (small arms weapons have 100% accuracy vs vehicles at all ranges)
11 Sep 2014, 15:26 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 11:59 AMJohnnyB

That explains all.
4v4. Pfff....<444>_<444>

So ur ok with a company failing to balance all game modes?
11 Sep 2014, 15:28 PM

So ur ok with a company failing to balance all game modes?

Expecting 1v1 and 4v4 to be balanced in a game with no mirror factions is like expecting to see stars during noon.
11 Sep 2014, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 07:18 AMUGBEAR
JT is completely broken....others late game item are fine.

Remove JT, ISU152 and Elephant and we can call it a day.
11 Sep 2014, 16:33 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 15:47 PMkorgoth

Remove JT, ISU152 and Elephant and we can call it a day.

+1
11 Sep 2014, 16:57 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 15:28 PMKatitof

Expecting 1v1 and 4v4 to be balanced in a game with no mirror factions is like expecting to see stars during noon.

So I should just accept the gameplay and balance flaw?

If relic ties call-in with research cost. then I think it will fix many problems. it would give players a chance to use most units in-game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★