Login

russian armor

OBK lategame is broken beyond all reason.

11 Sep 2014, 04:42 AM

A game that is often moderately matched or even has the OBK opponent quickly overwhelmed on map control always devolves into the same situation. They've parked all their trucks on a nearby key area, and they camp it until they can either get panthers or a king tiger. Generally vic point alleviates some of this from happening, but in equal-ish footing games where late game draws on, OBK armor essentially removes any skill factor and it becomes a game of drastically disproportionate effort to deal with a handful of nearly 0 effort units, the king tiger primarily, and to a lesser extent the newly buffed panther. 3 Things make this possible.

1. The command truck with its over the top weapon. Makes it impossible to siege the camp unless it is empty for a significant amount of time(longer than any 1on1 map allow for), this is due to its high durability in my opinion. If its going to hit so hard and suppress everything, it needs less health.

2. The speed abilities on the king tiger and the panther. Too much get out of jail free, and with the panther makes AT guns useless. They just end up bypassed. Same for su-85 soviets only real armored anti tank option.

3. The fact you can get multiple king tigers. It can take so much effort and resources to handle late game obk armor that in the time it takes to deal with it, a replacement can easily be afforded to them.
11 Sep 2014, 04:51 AM

Welcome to Coh 2. This is a learn to play issue.
11 Sep 2014, 05:09 AM

Pretty sure its a you can only play obk issue or if your other posts are an indication you're just trolling. Anyway, 80% axis plyers use OBK instead of ostheer now and and on top of that there is commonly a 9 to 1 german to allies matchmaking ratio. Takes deep denial to not see the writing on the wall with that.
11 Sep 2014, 05:15 AM

Pretty sure its a you can only play obk issue. Because like 80% axis plyers use OBK instead of ostheer now and and on top of that there is commonly a 9 to 1 german to allies matchmaking ratio.

Im a 7 Year veteran in coh and I play all factions. Challenge me with OKW and I shall point out the weaknesses, since you are clearly missing them. I urge players to play more before posting on the forums crying IMBA.
11 Sep 2014, 05:16 AM

#1. Is surely a joke, though. The Schwerer Panzer HQ has less health than the other two HQ's, and Allies do have the necessary ranged units to take it out. IS-2/ISU-152/T34-85/E8 will take it out no problem as well.
11 Sep 2014, 05:20 AM

i just hate the free area denial gun that okw gets on the truck. its very durable once sited and denies all infantry assaults and damages vehicles.

other than that, kt needs a frontal nerf, obers needing dps nerf, pumas needing a looking at i think they are in a good position.
11 Sep 2014, 05:20 AM

#1. Is surely a joke, though. The Schwerer Panzer HQ has less health than the other two HQ's, and Allies do have the necessary ranged units to take it out. IS-2/ISU-152/T34-85/E8 will take it out no problem as well.

su-85 takes forever, very ineffective as anti-structure IS-2/ISU-152 is way too late. It basically locks down an area for a solid 10-15 minutes in a game with even footing.
11 Sep 2014, 05:25 AM

11 Sep 2014, 06:11 AM

This guy is right. The biggest mistake an OKW player can do is to deploy its command truck to early and to close to enemy base. You have no excuse for not erasing it from the face of the Earth in the first 10 minute especially if you and your partner(s) are concentrating all your forces there in a massive push. I've seen this manny times executed properly. So I'm sorry, can't agree with you.
11 Sep 2014, 07:03 AM

The most determinant truck in the early/mid game for me is the Medic Truck, as it heals and reinforces the enemy units while acts as retreat point.

Make it your primary objective. Zis-3's barrage and mortars are great to do the job. If you went T1, flamers and satchels are useful too. Abilities like Flame Artillery are a great help, but the best unit for me to destroy OKW trucks is KV-8.

The Schwerer Panzer should be avoided until you have enough forces to quickly destroy it. Late game units or abilities are recommended: Katyusha barrage, IL-2 Bombing Strike, B4, etc...
But a ZiS with Attack Ground command is enough if you can defend yourself of the enemy pushes.

And scout a lot. Intercepting a truck while it's being built is the easiest way to destroy it and give a fatal blow to the OKW player.
11 Sep 2014, 07:18 AM

JT is completely broken....others late game item are fine.
11 Sep 2014, 07:28 AM

Im a 7 Year veteran in coh and I play all factions. Challenge me with OKW and I shall point out the weaknesses, since you are clearly missing them. I urge players to play more before posting on the forums crying IMBA.

I accept your challenge
11 Sep 2014, 07:54 AM

When I play US the Strat to kill the Flack truck or any truck out in the open is simple AT Gun with a Spotter.

Pre-patch I was exclusively using Airborne so pathfinders give vision to spot HMG before you are even in the arc of fire so flanking or trowing a smoke nade becomes that much easier.
Combine that with the AT Gun drop, I can quickly destroy any truck or if you have your AT gun with vet just use the vet ability to spot for itself.

Always remember to keep your whole army together during this operation, your opponent will most likely trow everything to decrew the AT gun and save the truck so protect your AT.

This will delay panther and ober but once all trucks are deployed even if some are destroyed (unless this was changed)you can still get the KT and vs KT you pretty much need jacksons and most of the time impatient opponent who over commits or lucky engine crit, once jacksons are vet3 they gain even more penetration so you have a much easier time there, if you truly need in a case of desperation put your most experienced rifle squad in the jackson might be enough to get instant vet3

Now that armor company has been buffed I will try it once I get a match in a decent map for it, in my opinion misnk pocket and crossing in the woods are hardly good maps to test close quarter units, oh and I don't have any of the new US companies(commanders) so cant really comment on their usefulness.

Hope this was helpful in anyway
11 Sep 2014, 09:05 AM

Permanently Banned
Okw can be tuff sometimes.. be super aggressive. The flak hq I think is fine. But a fast tech in 1v1s is gg. Its area denial is strong. In teamgames, u need to focus ur efforts on killing it.

yea but their late game is simply regarded. Non doc kt. Yet when I bring up Pershing axis fanboys rage. For crying out loud okw get a commander that deploys dual p4s, JT, and non doc KT.

axis love their long wait times and no challenge in team games.
11 Sep 2014, 09:23 AM

Okw can be tuff sometimes.. be super aggressive. The flak hq I think is fine. But a fast tech in 1v1s is gg. Its area denial is strong. In teamgames, u need to focus ur efforts on killing it.

yea but their late game is simply regarded. Non doc kt. Yet when I bring up Pershing axis fanboys rage. For crying out loud okw get a commander that deploys dual p4s, JT, and non doc KT.

axis love their long wait times and no challenge in team games.

I can't believe that in this world exists one person whining about OKW dual p4s. Wait a little, I have to LOL: :lolol:. Now go and play a little with OKW and tell me honestly in how many games you succeded to bring these vehicles you named before it was all over. Oh, and in how many games OKW stormed you with his "numerous" vehicles....:S
11 Sep 2014, 09:26 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

OBK.. i wish i could fix the titles.
11 Sep 2014, 09:52 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 09:23 AMJohnnyB

I can't believe that in this world exists one person whining about OKW dual p4s. Wait a little, I have to LOL: :lolol:. Now go and play a little with OKW and tell me honestly in how many games you succeded to bring these vehicles you named before it was all over. Oh, and in how many games OKW stormed you with his "numerous" vehicles....:S

I don't known if u heard of the game mode 4v4? Yea just about every 4v4 I play as usf that last 35min. My team will face multiple JT's,kt's, and tigers. And yes p4s.

I don't know y this is funny to you?. But yea, okw late game is beyond op in a 4v4.
11 Sep 2014, 10:54 AM

OBK, Only Burger King OP, Needs some MMD, Many McDonalds.

Also gotta laugh at the OKW Pz4 being OP too, it really isn't it still NEEDS 80 muni on top of it's call in cost - per tank, to make it decent. Even then it still "bad" IMO, also the rest of that doctrine is buggy/overpriced abilities.
11 Sep 2014, 11:00 AM

I don't known if u heard of the game mode 4v4? Yea just about every 4v4 I play as usf that last 35min. My team will face multiple JT's,kt's, and tigers. And yes p4s.

I don't know y this is funny to you?. But yea, okw late game is beyond op in a 4v4.

If relic achives to balance 4vs4 without screwing 1vs1 balance or mirror the factions I applaud them. But as long as this is not happening I only care about 1vs1 balance.
11 Sep 2014, 11:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2014, 09:26 AMSpanky
OBK.. i wish i could fix the titles.

Actually, OBK is english historically correct short.

OKW is proper in polish.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 30
Netherlands 27
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %