Login

russian armor

4 USF vs 4 Ost, 4 Mechanized Company

8 Sep 2014, 01:46 AM

First, spamming WC51 cars, kiting GDs, then M3 HT with a Captain in it, hard counting the late 222s, then Stuats, game is over at 10 min.

222 is too late to be a counter to 0CP WC51, and when our 222s hit the field, they have M3 HT with a Captain.

BTW, when 222 is goint to kill the WC51 car, they just get the crew out of the car, then 222 stop attacking the car and the car avoids to be killed.

What if M3 scout cars and WC51 cars appear the same time vs 4 Ostheer?
8 Sep 2014, 03:55 AM

Permanently Banned
Keep squads together. the truck dies very fast to concentrated small arms
8 Sep 2014, 06:18 AM

I guess not if 4 players send their dodges to fight 1-2 players? (I don't play 4v4, but that's what I would assume)
8 Sep 2014, 06:53 AM

I don't see why so many people complain about the WCs. It's not like they have that much punch and can't have flamers to do real damage. I just usually throw my squads in whatever cover is nearby and focus fire which usually forces them away. They are only really good at harrassing units moving around out of cover, otherwise you can usually keep focus firing and forcing them to run until the game gets to the point where they are pretty useless with schrecks and vehicles.

To me they just seem like a crappy M3.

Also you do know you can just give the attack order to finish off abandoned vehicles, right? It's not like the vehicle crew is going to give your scout car any trouble while you do it.
8 Sep 2014, 08:05 AM
Patrion 14

yeah i can see how wc51 can be abused like shit. i think may be increasing the cooldown and being on cooldown just as the game starts like vet rifleman can help this situation a lot. btw when the crew gets out, "attack move" the vehicle.
8 Sep 2014, 10:56 AM

Its main issue is how it makes mg 42 redundant unless ur very good or lucky,and then the rifle blob eats ur grenadiers.Making more than 1 or max 2 jeeps is not worth it,but u can spam them then withdraw and refit..i have used this tactic quite succesfully vs wehr players and have faced it too.Once they lose their mg 42 cover the grens become fodder.But there is a window for this....u have cause heavy losses and deny him fuel which can be done ,before he gets 2 lmg grens.Then grens will be able to at least stand up to rifles.You usally forego the aa halftrack when u take this,so early game dynamic pushing is necessary.
8 Sep 2014, 22:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2014, 01:46 AMatouba
First, spamming WC51 cars, kiting GDs, then M3 HT with a Captain in it, hard counting the late 222s, then Stuats, game is over at 10 min.

222 is too late to be a counter to 0CP WC51, and when our 222s hit the field, they have M3 HT with a Captain.

BTW, when 222 is goint to kill the WC51 car, they just get the crew out of the car, then 222 stop attacking the car and the car avoids to be killed.

What if M3 scout cars and WC51 cars appear the same time vs 4 Ostheer?

Grenadiers counter m3 or wc51 pretty well seriously unless you spread too much and/or don't use cover. Faust range is enormous so they cant come close at all and grenadiers long range is pretty good so it deals decent dmg to the vehicule even when it s far. Think also that making those means your opponent has less capping power so it s not as important if you dont spread as much and cap slower + in team games you don't even need to spread anyway since you are just in charge of few teritories.

Someone also suggested that it may be problematic if they all go on one player but that has always been the case with every unit and it just means you'll cap the rest of the map without facing opposition. In that case just retreat your squads faster then you would normally do since they can chase and regroup with the player(s) that would be their normally their next target. Blobs own scout cars. Massing them in team game will only win against bad players.

Btw, you really rarely see any soviet go scout car against wermatch because grenadier is such a hard counter
9 Sep 2014, 03:19 AM

Grenadiers counter m3 or wc51 pretty well seriously unless you spread too much and/or don't use cover. Faust range is enormous so they cant come close at all and grenadiers long range is pretty good so it deals decent dmg to the vehicule even when it s far. Think also that making those means your opponent has less capping power so it s not as important if you dont spread as much and cap slower + in team games you don't even need to spread anyway since you are just in charge of few teritories.

Someone also suggested that it may be problematic if they all go on one player but that has always been the case with every unit and it just means you'll cap the rest of the map without facing opposition. In that case just retreat your squads faster then you would normally do since they can chase and regroup with the player(s) that would be their normally their next target. Blobs own scout cars. Massing them in team game will only win against bad players.

Btw, you really rarely see any soviet go scout car against wermatch because grenadier is such a hard counter

Grenadiers cannot do decent dmg to wc51 using rifles... Try to do this yourself, then you will know it. The wc51's armor is not like kubalwagon. And when you wanna faust it, well-mirco player will kite your Grens to death. Using cover was my first thing to do when I saw the wc51, I put the Grens into a building, but the wc51 carring a RM squard can still do decent dmg to my Genadier, as you know, the Grenadier has only 4 members. Then when I retreated this squard, he wiped out my Grenadier. Yes you can hold a defensive position with 2-3 Grenadiers together to avoid facing wc51 alone but left the territories captured safely by the enemies one by one.

Well perhaps the real problem is not the wc51. It is the 3CP M3HT with a flaming Assault Engineer, also a fast-tech Captain which has Bazooka will join. All the Ostheer players will build 222s to counter the wc51 when they see wc51s spam. Then they obviously lost the battle to M3HT carring a Captain... The 222 is too too late to counter early light vehicle spam. They suck when they come out at 5 min.

I have faced this only once. I think the 4 guys were in a team. Their team worked pretty well. They know the weakness of Ostheer. And very unluckly we have a 4 Ost players random team...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Russian Federation 67
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak