Login

russian armor

Wy the Axis are the better choise in 2gg2

6 Sep 2014, 04:26 AM

my experience in 3v3 and 4v4 team games is that many allied player cant handle their powerful stuff and therefor make it easy for axis to win.

when i play axis vs skilled opponents its nearly impossible to win the early game because maxims completely lock down the fuel and ammo areas and riflemen rush any forward okw base to force everything into retreat.

i personally think the usf are the most powerful faction and a well mixed and microed soviet infantry force with maxims, cons, mortar and at gun is nearly impossible to deal with and in team games you can combine them 2.
6 Sep 2014, 04:40 AM

my experience in 3v3 and 4v4 team games is that many allied player cant handle their powerful stuff and therefor make it easy for axis to win.

when i play axis vs skilled opponents its nearly impossible to win the early game because maxims completely lock down the fuel and ammo areas and riflemen rush any forward okw base to force everything into retreat.

i personally think the usf are the most powerful faction and a well mixed and microed soviet infantry force with maxims, cons, mortar and at gun is nearly impossible to deal with and in team games you can combine them 2.

Doesn't matter

Just survive for 20 minutes and get a KT

Non-doctrinal KT is easily one of the more retarded additions to this game. The elefant was removed from baseline Ostheer for a reason. KT is a braindead supertank and it single handedly ruins team games. Every OKW player is going to eventually get one and there's realistically nothing you can do about it.
6 Sep 2014, 04:42 AM

Permanently Banned
Kt's are 90% of the time a GG
6 Sep 2014, 04:55 AM

Mmm, I don't find this to always be the case. In my honest opinion 2v2 is more balanced than 3v3 or 4v4. In fact it's probably at it's best point atm. Though there are some issues here and there balance wise overall 2v2 is probably better than 1v1, 3v3, or 4v4 atm. So both Axis and Allies are pretty even in 2v2. Ofc people prefer Axis in 2v2 more often then not due to the late game heavies and vet for OKW, however I've found some nice allied strategies with Sib to better deal with this(And no, it's not the ISU actually [I see you Bulgakovo]) :D
6 Sep 2014, 07:45 AM

Huh, the people who think the axis is stronger in 2v2s haven't played on a good or top 100

Funny thing

Of all the teams that have both an allied and axis AT rank in the top 50 (too lazy to check more than that), there are 2 or 3 teams in the top 50 that have higher win rates as allies than axis. The average win ratio is also much higher on the axis side. And most of those stats were probably gathered before OKW came and made team games twice as axis favored as they were with just Ostheer, while pretty much everyone already agrees that playing USF in team games is just hamstringing yourself.
6 Sep 2014, 08:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2014, 07:45 AMCruzz

Funny thing

Of all the teams that have both an allied and axis AT rank in the top 50 (too lazy to check more than that), there are 2 or 3 teams in the top 50 that have higher win rates as allies than axis. The average win ratio is also much higher on the axis side. And most of those stats were probably gathered before OKW came and made team games twice as axis favored as they were with just Ostheer, while pretty much everyone already agrees that playing USF in team games is just hamstringing yourself.

This could be due to search numbers WHICH DON'T IMPLY BALANCE. If more people are searching axis that means that there could be more good players searching and playing axis, therefore they would get matched against people of a lower skill level more often because there are fewer allied players to begin with including good players. This could mean more wins regardless of actual Ratings

Or Axis OP
6 Sep 2014, 08:44 AM

Permanently Banned
Axis provide more fun than farmerama spam hurr durr allies.
6 Sep 2014, 08:58 AM

As long as you will not EVER go duo USF for 2v2, you should be fine.
and
6 Sep 2014, 10:18 AM

As long as you will not EVER go duo USF for 2v2, you should be fine.

Oh right. Should the faction screen show a disclaimer?

Or how about they just fix the late game balance...
6 Sep 2014, 10:37 AM

Doesn't matter

Just survive for 20 minutes and get a KT

Non-doctrinal KT is easily one of the more retarded additions to this game. The elefant was removed from baseline Ostheer for a reason. KT is a braindead supertank and it single handedly ruins team games. Every OKW player is going to eventually get one and there's realistically nothing you can do about it.

lool
6 Sep 2014, 10:49 AM

just played a 3v3 game as ostheer

Spammed P4s and grens, game was even until allies got 1 KT each @ 22 minutes. Game ended 3 minutes later with us smashing their base with invincible KTs

Clowns like you whine about IS-2 armor, yet non-doctrinal KT's armor dwarfs it while facing inferior AT weapons
6 Sep 2014, 11:04 AM
Donator 22

Clowns like you whine about IS-2 armor, yet non-doctrinal KT's armor dwarfs it while facing inferior AT weapons

260 fuel cost for the KT plus 160 fuel for all tiers - 420 fuel for the KT without any other vehicle.
You should have at this point, more than enough tanks, AT guns ;)
6 Sep 2014, 11:31 AM

260 fuel cost for the KT plus 160 fuel for all tiers - 420 fuel for the KT without any other vehicle.
You should have at this point, more than enough tanks, AT guns ;)

Dont argue with him, he is obviously vetlolcake in putin version XDD
6 Sep 2014, 11:34 AM

Everyone whines about the KT, but it can be beaten, you just have to realize that after 15 minutes if the OKW player hasn't built any other vehicles, then he is going for KT. It can be beaten, it has been beaten, you just need to prepare better and realize that the Axis is going to go for heavy armor in large games. The tools are there for Soviets and USF to beat it, USE THEM.
6 Sep 2014, 11:44 AM

just played a 3v3 game as ostheer

Spammed P4s and grens, game was even until allies got 1 KT each @ 22 minutes. Game ended 3 minutes later with us smashing their base with invincible KTs

Rofl, on 22 minute mark they can have multiple Jacksons and AT guns, not saying if they didnt spent ANY fuel before (which is likely) they could smash you with blob of doom of Riflemans and T34s...
6 Sep 2014, 11:50 AM

I don't understand for the life of me why people have problems dealing with the KT, especially in 2v2. It has very strong frontal armour and lots of hp, but is slow as fuck, has 40 range, sloooow turret rotation. This dictates two approaches: Either, standoff: Contain/Plink at it with ISUs, Su85/Jackson, ideally supported by At guns. This is the safe bet and will greatly reduce the impact of the KT, especially since as long as your micro is up to scratch it will never even get a shot off at its tormentors.
Or make a play for it with medium tanks. Mark target/ T34/85 or multiple Easy 8s/Shermans all do the trick well. Of course this has the potential to spectacularly misfire. Careful recon is your friend, and dont commit unless you are behind and have to make something happen, vp wise.
The ordinary Tiger is a much more cost-effective, higher utility vehicle in my opinion.
6 Sep 2014, 13:26 PM

I don't understand for the life of me why people have problems dealing with the KT, especially in 2v2. It has very strong frontal armour and lots of hp, but is slow as fuck, has 40 range, sloooow turret rotation. This dictates two approaches: Either, standoff: Contain/Plink at it with ISUs, Su85/Jackson, ideally supported by At guns. This is the safe bet and will greatly reduce the impact of the KT, especially since as long as your micro is up to scratch it will never even get a shot off at its tormentors.
Or make a play for it with medium tanks. Mark target/ T34/85 or multiple Easy 8s/Shermans all do the trick well. Of course this has the potential to spectacularly misfire. Careful recon is your friend, and dont commit unless you are behind and have to make something happen, vp wise.
The ordinary Tiger is a much more cost-effective, higher utility vehicle in my opinion.

it ain't slow as fuck, sure it's slower than most tanks but it's hardly a snail, and get an ability to go faster with vet. Or rather there isn't that much of a speed disparity between allied and axis tanks, despite the fact that allies are supposed to be more mobile? KT has great armor and a great gun, i've seen in one shot a full health cons squad, and regularly waste 5 men with one shot, finishing the last with the mgs as it retreats.

the turret rotation is also hardly that slow. unless your t34 have vet 3 they're hardly guaranteed to be able to circle strafe it, plus doesn't it get additionnal turret rotation speed with vet ?
That's also forgetting the support KT will have. and unlike soviet AT, it won't have any trouble penetrating vehicles that have less hp

neither SU85 nor soviet atguns will reliably penetrate the KT, heck the su85 regularly fails to pen panthers.
That's also forgetting the problem of dealing with OKW infantry without T3

t34/85 and E8 are doctrinal, it's much harder with regular t34 and su85 and atguns.
6 Sep 2014, 13:35 PM

lol KT op? Like its not just a big sitting duck for jackson. Just spot it with infantry and hit and run with the jackson. No need to make a suicidal attack from behind. Works with every axis tank except the jagdtiger. Why you never see that on random teamgames?

btw i have seen my own KT losing to IS so i think they are pretty much on par but of course its rng dependent.

i personally would like to see something that makes tanks generally more vulnerable in urban environments like a non-doctrinal at infantry or infantry ability like a powerful at demo charge that hits for example KT for half its hp (or sth like that) for every faction. And of course the jagdtiger shooting through buildings is ridiculously op.

6 Sep 2014, 13:41 PM

I am not saying the KT has no utility; far from it. At its pricetag and given the tech requirements it should. But in my experience most people greatly exaggerate its strength. Bang for the buck wise it is fairly mediocre if you ask me, certainly behind other heavy tanks such as the Tiger/IS2 and especially the ISU. Not to mention that we are firmly in the realm of theorycrafting here anyways since a straight tech for KT in 1v1 or 2v2 usually amounts to outright suicide as any competent opponent will see whats coming (or rather not coming) and just swamp you with medium armor.
6 Sep 2014, 13:52 PM

the turret rotation is also hardly that slow.

Stopped reading inmediately lol
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS