Login

russian armor

Wy the Axis are the better choise in 2gg2

5 Sep 2014, 21:41 PM

Coh2 is not balanced. When I play the allies I only get fucked. When I play the Okw I ever win. Sometimes I am suprised how crazy the Okw units are. I can´t count all this advantages. From early to late game the Okw dominates the Battlefield (mostly and only in 2gg2 and higher). When you add an ostheer with air support you will beat everybody in teamgames. And if you going to lose the fight you organize the King Tiger who is able to change the whole game again. ( Like the Is-2 but non doctrinal). And if you have a problem with maxims or mortas you spawn some inf. behind the lines ( in a building) and flank the enemy. So wy I ever win with the Okw and ever lose with the Usf ?
5 Sep 2014, 22:17 PM

In 2v2 its just the opposite. Wait till you hit the higher ranks, and you'll see Allies winning out of proportion.
5 Sep 2014, 22:24 PM

It seems like you've never been on the receiving end of Allied artillery. This part of the game is even more pressing as OKW.

5 Sep 2014, 23:07 PM

Coh2 is not balanced.
In teamgames it is indeed no balanced at all.
5 Sep 2014, 23:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2014, 21:41 PMChris
Coh2 is not balanced. When I play the allies I only get fucked. When I play the Okw I ever win. Sometimes I am suprised how crazy the Okw units are. I can´t count all this advantages. From early to late game the Okw dominates the Battlefield (mostly and only in 2gg2 and higher). When you add an ostheer with air support you will beat everybody in teamgames. And if you going to lose the fight you organize the King Tiger who is able to change the whole game again. ( Like the Is-2 but non doctrinal). And if you have a problem with maxims or mortas you spawn some inf. behind the lines ( in a building) and flank the enemy. So wy I ever win with the Okw and ever lose with the Usf ?

Yeah finally!!!!! I experienced the SAME!!!
5 Sep 2014, 23:27 PM

In 2v2 its just the opposite. Wait till you hit the higher ranks, and you'll see Allies winning out of proportion.

That PROOFS: OKW easier to play
5 Sep 2014, 23:29 PM

That PROOFS: OKW easier to play

This doesnt prove anything. Try OKW against half - smart opponents in 1v1, and see how "easy mode" it is.
5 Sep 2014, 23:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

In my experience, Allies definitely have an advantage in high-end 2v2s. The early game dominance of Riflemen or/and 50cal Truck + Maxims or Snipers or M3 puts Axis on the back foot for a long time.

Double Soviet is very strong as well, and double US is mediocre, but in general Allies are very strong in 2v2.

Myy problems with balance are specific, potent, difficult to counter strategies. M3A1 + WC51 truck can shut down the axis early on. Sure, there are some counters (soft, at best), that come to the party a little bit later. By the time a Raketen manages to get a shot off, or you can upgrade shreks, or get a puma/scout car, the damage is done. It has a lot to do with chasing down retreating squads and wiping them, which negates the "capping power penalty" of purchasing cars.

It forces Wehrmacht players to faust before retreating, even if it means they die, because the pursuit would kill them anyway.
5 Sep 2014, 23:46 PM

2vs2*
6 Sep 2014, 01:29 AM

Coh2 is not balanced.
In teamgames it is indeed no balanced at all.

I think team game balance would be achieved to an acceptable degree by 1v1 balancing. For example LMG42s are one major reason that Ost is incredibly strong in team games IMO

Also speaking from experience at least in larger team games I'm winning like 90% of my 4v4 team games as axis where as i am under 60% win rates for the allies. This wasn't the case Before WFA when i had roughly the same win% with both vanilla factions. IDK if its just because the USF are more difficult to play or b/c the OKW are OP but thats just my recent experience with team games
6 Sep 2014, 01:59 AM

Permanently Banned

This doesnt prove anything. Try OKW against half - smart opponents in 1v1, and see how "easy mode" it is.

this thread is not mentioning 1v1's (which have a very small player base anyway)

I love all factions in coh2. but TBH, i hate playing allies in team games. the axis are just too strong in many situation. they can camp effortlessly due to the fact that usf lacks good non-doc arty.

Then they just wait for super soldiers, space tanks, and orbital firing arty (stuka).

Couple this advantage with the fact that USF is very boring to play and soviets HEAVY reliance on commanders. You have a very small amount of people playing allies.

My solution to this. (not to buff allies) but, re-work soviet infantry. units like guards and shocks should be non-doc IMO. Since okw get A non-doc KT, soviets should get a non-doc is-2. to get soviet reliance off of commanders.

for USF i think. they need alot more infrantry varity. instead of making new infantry. id like to see relic give usf the opinion of making multiple captain and lieutenant squads. And yes usf needs the perishing in long team games (needs to be non-doc) i know how much people hate this idea. But imagine if this game became more popular and peeps want to play usf? only to find that they have limited unit variety and no heavies. people simply dont play usf.

For Wehrmacht i would love to seem t4 re-worked. add a on-doc tiger. ( i believe all factions should get a non-doc heavy tank)

For okw. i would like to see a build able p4, but only if usf get better infrantry counters. OKW already have the best infrantry in-game. giving then a good medium tanks with infrantry that whipe the floor with allied troops wouldnt be fair. (even though they already do this)

oh and can the usf plz get a 3" ATG
6 Sep 2014, 02:34 AM

Huh, the people who think the axis is stronger in 2v2s haven't played on a good or top 100 niveau. Normally the allies destroy the axis without much effort, it's easy especially playing as double soviets because of all the cheesy stuff and t2 in the early game and a very strong lategame. If you want to camp as axis the american will blob you out of your position or the snipes will have fun with the heads of your men. Playing as american isn't hard as well, i mean, most time it's enough to blob m1919 ab rangers or the bar rifles and you'll just run over mgs and everything else. The isu and the b4 are beyond good and evil atm, with their high at and ai capacities. Often the game strategy is bulding op and stalling into the lategame to spam tanks. So in my opinion the allies are much stronger right now, they have an advantage above the axis. And stuff like the mg bug and others doesn't make it easier.
6 Sep 2014, 02:36 AM

this thread is not mentioning 1v1's (which have a very small player base anyway)

I love all factions in coh2. but TBH, i hate playing allies in team games. the axis are just too strong in many situation. they can camp effortlessly due to the fact that usf lacks good non-doc arty.

Then they just wait for super soldiers, space tanks, and orbital firing arty (stuka).

Couple this advantage with the fact that USF is very boring to play and soviets HEAVY reliance on commanders. You have a very small amount of people playing allies.

My solution to this. (not to buff allies) but, re-work soviet infantry. units like guards and shocks should be non-doc IMO. Since okw get A non-doc KT, soviets should get a non-doc is-2. to get soviet reliance off of commanders.

for USF i think. they need alot more infrantry varity. instead of making new infantry. id like to see relic give usf the opinion of making multiple captain and lieutenant squads. And yes usf needs the perishing in long team games (needs to be non-doc) i know how much people hate this idea. But imagine if this game became more popular and peeps want to play usf? only to find that they have limited unit variety and no heavies. people simply dont play usf.

For Wehrmacht i would love to seem t4 re-worked. add a on-doc tiger. ( i believe all factions should get a non-doc heavy tank)

For okw. i would like to see a build able p4, but only if usf get better infrantry counters. OKW already have the best infrantry in-game. giving then a good medium tanks with infrantry that whipe the floor with allied troops wouldnt be fair. (even though they already do this)

oh and can the usf plz get a 3" ATG

Go play Age of Empire, if you want all faction are copy & paste.
6 Sep 2014, 02:43 AM

Permanently Banned

Go play Age of Empire, if you want all faction are copy & paste.

thanks for that constructive response
6 Sep 2014, 02:47 AM

thanks for that constructive response

It's a advice, not constructive anyway.
6 Sep 2014, 03:22 AM

@QueenRatchet123
A lot of those changes seem really bad. Making all the factions very similar (through your suggestions) would dilute the experience of the game. You have a vision for this game, that IMO, a lot of more experienced players see as being a bad thing. Adding the Pershing and making doctrinal tanks into non-doctrinal, are just bad changes that would lead to no real difference in identity of factions.

I see in your signature your obvious dislike of the Walking Stuka wanting it replaced with something else. I really see this as you not having a full understanding of the game play. I can't attest to how much you have actually played due to your player card not showing, but I have to assume you are a casual player. IMO, a lot of casual players want every faction to have heavy tanks and are usually highly critical to some particular unit another faction has that they can not beat.

I do agree with the rework of Ostheer T4, but anyone saying it is fine has clearly never played the faction against actual people.
6 Sep 2014, 03:37 AM

Permanently Banned
@QueenRatchet123
A lot of those changes seem really bad. Making all the factions very similar (through your suggestions) would dilute the experience of the game. You have a vision for this game, that IMO, a lot of more experienced players see as being a bad thing. Adding the Pershing and making doctrinal tanks into non-doctrinal, are just bad changes that would lead to no real difference in identity of factions.

I see in your signature your obvious dislike of the Walking Stuka wanting it replaced with something else. I really see this as you not having a full understanding of the game play. I can't attest to how much you have actually played due to your player card not showing, but I have to assume you are a casual player. IMO, a lot of casual players want every faction to have heavy tanks and are usually highly critical to some particular unit another faction has that they can not beat.

I do agree with the rework of Ostheer T4, but anyone saying it is fine has clearly never played the faction against actual people.

perhaps you are correct. i like the hummel just cus its looks awesome. i have no problem with the stuka.
Mabey making all faction similar isn't such a good idea.

But, i do still believe that sov should get some better infantry. FOr USF more infantry variety.

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198023037102 player card if you are interested

perhaps instead of Pershing. making bazookas more useful. and adding a 3-inch m5 AT gun for usf. might help with usf late game.

You might disagree. but i do find it harder for allies to win in team games.
6 Sep 2014, 04:03 AM

perhaps you are correct. i like the hummel just cus its looks awesome. i have no problem with the stuka.
Mabey making all faction similar isn't such a good idea.

But, i do still believe that sov should get some better infantry. FOr USF more infantry variety.

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198023037102 player card if you are interested

perhaps instead of Pershing. making bazookas more useful. and adding a 3-inch m5 AT gun for usf. might help with usf late game.

You might disagree. but i do find it harder for allies to win in team games.
How about giving Soviets Penals mid-long range buff and the USF will allow their REs to build the M5 AT gun after getting a Major? That way the RE still have use instead of Ambulance driver.
6 Sep 2014, 04:22 AM

Huh, the people who think the axis is stronger in 2v2s haven't played on a good or top 100 niveau.

How many people are in the top 100 again?

Soviets seem to be the toughest nuts to crack in 2v2 especially as you crawl out of the low ranks. Double USF is pretty tough to play though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 56
Poland 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment