Login

russian armor

Command Panther: When to call in?

4 Sep 2014, 20:27 PM

Special Ops is my favourite Doctrine with OKW and I'm still trying to figure out how to best maximise this for 1v1.

Usually the Command Panther is the third vehicle I get in a match after the Kubelwagon and the Panzer II Luchs.

The main reason I went for this tank first is that for the slightly increased cost, it seems to be superior to getting a regular Panther first. However, watching the Propagandacast recently, Imperial Dane mentions that it doesn't really have better stats than a regular panther and most of it's advantages are nullified by being the only armour on the field. The Luchs can benefit a bit, but it doesn't really gel as much as another Panther or Jagdpanzer IV would I suppose.

So my question is, is it better to get something else first, like a Jagdpanzer or vanilla Panther before getting the command panther?
The main reasons I can think to get a command Panther first would be it's co-ordinated fire, which can be used in conjunction with Panzershreks and Raketenwerfers as well, and it's Blitz ability which is always handy in a pinch too. Does this make it worth getting as the first medium/heavy armour?
4 Sep 2014, 22:22 PM

Lets do a short comparison:

1. The command Panther has better line of sight.

2. Gun:
2.1. It has in theory the same reload speed but his max reload speed is higher and min reload time is lower making it more rng based.
2.2. But accuray is the real difference:
2.2.1. Panter: Accuracy far: 0.035 Accuracy near: 0.055 Moving Accuracy modifier: 0.65
2.2.2. Command Panther: Accuracy far: 0.025 Accuracy near: 0.05 Moving Accuracy midifier: 0.5
That means the Command Panther is less accurate and it gets even more worse if it moves.

3. Command Panther can mark an enemy tank that is than easier to hit.

4. Veterancy:

4.1. Panther:

1.Unlocks combat blitz ability
2.+10% armour +160 HP +40% turret rotation speed
3.-30% reload +20% rotation speed +30% ac/de-celeration
4.+5 range -25% scatter
5.+16 sight range. when stationary: +53.85% accuracy

4.2. Command Panther without Aura:

1.Unlocks Combat blitz ability.
2.+10% armour +160 HP +10% turret rotation.
3. -10% reload +10% rotation speed +10% ac/de-celeration
4. and 5. nothing

4.3. Command Panther Aura:

0. +20 sight range +10% speed +10% ac/de-celeration
1. -
2. +20% accuracy
3. -20% reload
4. +5 range
5. Infantry now affected too

Conclusions:
1. Command panther is inferior in 1vs1 to a regular panther bevor Vet5 if the player dont use the mark ability very often. Because there are not enough tanks to buff to make up for his downsides compared to the regular panther. Even if a command panther Vet4 buffs another Panther they lose vs a regular Vet4 Panter + another Panther. Teamgames may favor the Command panther more to buff teammate tanks.

2. In my opinion dont get it in 1vs1 unless you really often use the mark ability.

All Data can be found on Coh2-Stats.com and Sarantini Veterancy guide in this forum.

As allways just my opinions, I hope they help.
Hagen
4 Sep 2014, 22:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Spec Ops doctrine is my most picked commander for OKW (in a 1v1 setting). I go for it as soon as possible immediately at 10CP, or shortly after- T1-T3-Luchs-Command Panther, T1-T2-Stuka-Command Panther, that sort of thing.

Coordinated fire is not an increase in just accuracy. It's equal to the old mark target for a shorter duration and much, much cheaper, meaning the target takes 240 damage per shot from the Command Panther, AND 50% more damage from every other source- 240 from raketens, 160 from shrecks, etc etc. This means you don't need to have armor on the field to make it worthwhile- it can two-shot Jacksons, three-shot Easy Eights, four-shot T3485s, and go toe to toe with IS2s head on for the duration of the effect. And it costs just as much as a grenade (35 or 45 munitions), which means you can spam it every time the enemy pokes with his tanks or vice versa.

In addition it can self-sight for the full 50 range, one of the reasons why the Puma is so effective and good at kiting, unlike the normal Panther which can't really take advantage of it's longer range.

Hagen is incorrect as well- the Cmd Panther uses the exact same accuracy as the normal Panther too. So there's that.

And of course there's the aura... Least useful part of the unit, ironically, but it's still a nice bonus to get from what's already a very capable tank destroyer compared to the regular panther.

In my opinion- well worth the price (only 25 fuel more after all). Only downside is reduced veterancy bonuses, but I've never had Panthers OR Command Panthers get the chance to get more than vet 3 in a 1v1 often anyway due to the game ending, so that's a very negligible downside.
4 Sep 2014, 22:50 PM

Hagen is incorrect as well- the Cmd Panther uses the exact same accuracy as the normal Panther too. So there's that.

Then Coh2-stats is incorrect. Do you have a source of the correct stats?

For comparisons reasons here the Coh2-stats links:

http://www.coh2-stats.com/ballistic_weapons/wg_panther_75mm_commander_mp
http://www.coh2-stats.com/ballistic_weapons/panther_kwk42_75mm_mp
4 Sep 2014, 23:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Then Coh2-stats is incorrect. Do you have a source of the correct stats?

For comparisons reasons here the Coh2-stats links:

http://www.coh2-stats.com/ballistic_weapons/wg_panther_75mm_commander_mp
http://www.coh2-stats.com/ballistic_weapons/panther_kwk42_75mm_mp

Hmm that's strange- I could've sworn I saw the acc for the Cmd Panther gun was 0.35/0.55 and moving modifier .65- i.e. sames as the regular panther- somewhere. Can't remember exactly where though.

Either way, I am absolutely sure that the Cmd Panther has better accuracy than the absymal Wehr Panther, given it can actually hit things while moving. Either that, or I've had the luckiest RNG ever over the course of all my OKW games.
5 Sep 2014, 06:12 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

The command panther and Ostheer panther have the same accuracy. coh2-stats is correct.
I always just assumed it had the same accuracy which made the command panther in my opinion the clear winner. I still think it is worth it simply because of the mark target. spec ops has a lot of cheap munition options which allows you to use it very often.
Vet4 and 5 may not give you anything for the unit but if you get it that high you should have other vehicles to greatly benfit from the bonuses. The radius of the aura is so big the luchs will almost always benefit from it.
5 Sep 2014, 10:34 AM

1. Gz Sarantini to 1000 Posts :)
2. After all I dont change my conclusion: If you use the mark ability often, get the Command Panther and dont care if it is the first or second tank. If you dont use it regulary just stick with the normal OKW Panther.
5 Sep 2014, 12:43 PM

Special Ops is my favourite Doctrine with OKW and I'm still trying to figure out how to best maximise this for 1v1.

Usually the Command Panther is the third vehicle I get in a match after the Kubelwagon and the Panzer II Luchs.

The main reason I went for this tank first is that for the slightly increased cost, it seems to be superior to getting a regular Panther first. However, watching the Propagandacast recently, Imperial Dane mentions that it doesn't really have better stats than a regular panther and most of it's advantages are nullified by being the only armour on the field. The Luchs can benefit a bit, but it doesn't really gel as much as another Panther or Jagdpanzer IV would I suppose.

So my question is, is it better to get something else first, like a Jagdpanzer or vanilla Panther before getting the command panther?
The main reasons I can think to get a command Panther first would be it's co-ordinated fire, which can be used in conjunction with Panzershreks and Raketenwerfers as well, and it's Blitz ability which is always handy in a pinch too. Does this make it worth getting as the first medium/heavy armour?

I have to say that command panther should not be used in 1v1 at all. It shines only in 2v2 or higher when there are units like tigers or p4's (thoose who can easily scare infantry away).
After all what is the point of having a tank who doesn't get veterancy bonus and you most likely will have only puma together with it.
+At vet1 it get's reload speed penalty in exchange of bigger speed which you can't see with bare eyes.
5 Sep 2014, 17:06 PM

Thanks for the informative posts!

It doesn't sound like an easy choice. I think I'll probably start going for a Jagdpanzer IV first and then saving up for the Command Panther in future games. Those two units combined, with Mark Target would just shut down any sort of armour from the enemy.

Even so, I do tend to use Mark Target, even if it's only in coordination with puppchens and shreks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★