LMG nerfs will break Axis and make them useless

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
4 Sep 2014, 09:53 AM

We dont even know what relic will do damnit so posting this isnt useful
4 Sep 2014, 10:04 AM

This has made my morning, as you were :D
4 Sep 2014, 10:22 AM

A nerf to long range combat units could make units like Sturmpioniere and Panzergrenadiere more useful, or other units who are good at medium range (G43 etc.). So I don't think this will be necessarily bad for Axis.

The only thing that I see might become a big problem are Shocktroops if they don't get adjusted as well, as they are already now so tough that you need to outnumber them to beat them.

But it is too early to say anything. When Relic says they are going to change something, it doesn't mean anything yet. A Relic change can be as drastic as the Katyusha change or so tiny that you don't even notice it in the game. And such a change can stay in the game forever or already get removed the next patch again.
4 Sep 2014, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2014, 07:49 AMCruzz
Oh the glory days of balance in March, where with great skill and tactics I could make unto the field 7 grens to PIV and win every single game. Relic must be blind to not see that was the balance everyone wanted.

So I truly am curious as to why avoiding a ban, constant naming and shaming and insulting other players as well as constant derailing of threads with oneliner spam is apparently perfectly fine here all of a sudden.

I wanted to write something that would indirectly make OP laughing stock, but OP is already one so I'll just +1 Cruzz here.
4 Sep 2014, 11:36 AM

Warthrone, you promised us that you would leave. Surely you are a man/woman of your word?
4 Sep 2014, 11:49 AM
Donator 22

4 Sep 2014, 11:54 AM

The potential problem i see are shock troops,they are already very strong.On the up side ost can possibly do well if g43s become relevant AND BIG IF panzergrenadiers become relevant,even if one of these 2 don't happen and gren gets nerfed ost will break.
OKW is a problem,obersoldaten have already seen nerfs,but their dps still qualifies them as excellent elite infantry,if they lose that..they can have problems lategame.We can potentially see sturmpio spam,or more likely panzerfuslier g43 spam meta.
Whatever happens i just hope ostheer gets more diversified strategies,this current gren-tiger meta is killing the faction by its boredom.
Overall its in everyone's interest to see a well balanced game,but it should also be fun to play for all factions.I don't buy this players with an agenda thing.
4 Sep 2014, 12:04 PM

Relic can do whatever they see fit.

If it fks the game completely, that sucks, but they can fix it in next patch, so its nit the end of the world.

Defaming other players like this is a nono though, whether it is true or not.
You just dont do it, and if you cant contain rage enough as an adult, then accept consequences for that, as an adult.
4 Sep 2014, 12:14 PM

Relic is a businss, their aim is money and that's great as it means more chance for a great game.

As such they probably they probably don't have Soviet or USF demons in their souls saying "buff RE troops to Obersoldaten level, lolz". And it hasn't always been so great for allies, there have been times where Axis were monstrous too (grenspam, flamer HT, Tiger Ace). Relic are just muddling their way through, trying to get the balance right to make the game more popular. I don't think they are inherently biased to either of their creations.

Unfortunately they're just not fixing the game very quickly or capably and certainly not getting the potential cash pay-off from the game.

I hope they get even greedier for money as then they'll have to accept that they've got an unpolished and weak product and maybe they'll fix it, balance it, polish it and sell it to the world, bringing more fun gameplay than the vonivan&sib-mg&sniper-ISUCKU meta.
4 Sep 2014, 12:26 PM

Cruzzi:

Eheheheheeheheheehehehe, yup, you are done Cruzzi. Best commit CoHcide now. Nah, honestly. I think your opinions are sometimes over the top, but also often spot on. You can trust me that they are being read and those ideas / similar ones are being discussed. Cause well, others can observe the game as well :P

Cruzz, as I have said before, is the Jesus of CoH2, his opinions are(speaking from experience), the sanest, most logical reasoning's ever to come across this forum board. He is what CoH2 needs. I would promote him to lead balancer if I ever had the chance. That's how much I would put my life and the life of CoH2 into Cruzz's hands, because, he has yet to be wrong in my eyes, and probably never will be. :snfPeter:

I hope they get even greedier for money as then they'll have to accept that they've got an unpolished and weak product and maybe they'll fix it, balance it, polish it and sell it to the world, bringing more fun gameplay than the vonivan&sib-mg&sniper-ISUCKU meta.

Hey Bulgakov, guess what? :D

4 Sep 2014, 12:31 PM

I fear the (rumoured)LMG nerfs are going to give soviets already more of an advantage they already have. Rifles are already ridiculously strong without M1919 spam (just the most OP thing in the game). SO the nerf wont hurt them so much. Axis will be hurt the most. (what a suprise)

Going by the history of relic and their biased view towards allies. LMG were the last hope of Axis infantry vs RIfle swarms, shock troops, Guards etc. And make cons and penals rape Grens who were already in a terrible state.

I fear now that this will see an already bigger exodus of players in the game thanks to the hordes of soviet whiners and Pro allied players getting in the ear of relic.

I forsaw the Katyusha spam being abused before it was finally nerfed to a reasonable level again. But now i forsee even more Shock and guard spam to make life EVEN WORSE for Axis. As if it wasnt already bad enough...

I can already see it from a mile away. Shock and guard spam to already trample of the grave of axis.

But hey at least it wont affect volks. Who are as useless as a pile of shyte now anyhow.

Anyhow. I find it funny over the last 3 major patches. We have seem HEAVY nerfs to axis to the point where they are getting raped so easily and abused early game. Its kind of sad watching relic destroy patch by patch their game as you see the number of players online dwindling slowly but surely. Keep it up.

I mean no offence to anyone. But players like Cruzz, Vonivan, Sib, and barton all have a heavy presecnce on this forum. THey have a heavy influence on relic and continue to post pro-allied babble that swtiches Relics view on balance and the game continues towards its death.

Its just unfortunate despite players like Hans, Jesulin and Vindicare are not as active as these players on the forums and whispering in relics ear that we get fair balance, despite them sharing my views and PROVING with continues win streaks and speaking on the stream that allies are way too abusive early game.

We are stuck with people that have agenda's to benefit their faction and this is the result.

I can only pray with a slim hope that relic somehow ignores these players for once in the interest of the player base.

1. Maxim Spam => Stuka zu Fuß
2. Shocks and Guards => Doctrin bunded.
3. Guards => Weak
4. Shocks => Sturmpioneer, MG, Obersoldaten, Sniper, Sniper-Ability. So much counters. Or Flame HT.
5. L2p
4 Sep 2014, 12:33 PM

So, first the statement about the OKW is wrong ... Ok Volx are the weakest regular infantry, but did you ever play just with volx?! The rest of the inf is so effective that they mark the strongest CoH2 inf atm

second, Ost is made to play combined arms! If you jsut relay to spam grens with lmg42, ye then of course you are going to have a hard time after the next patch ... #AdaptToTheMeta

Volks are cheap and really nice if they are vetted.
and its the sense that they aren't so strong... read the text about them... its lore... Story..
4 Sep 2014, 13:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Oh so sweet. Look, people who actually discuss every day against each other are agreeing on something.

Wasn't there a thread were they wanted to step up the level of the balance forums ?
IB4 lock.

PD: which profile do Bars/FG42 use ?
4 Sep 2014, 13:31 PM

Oh so sweet. Look, people who actually discuss every day against each other are agreeing on something.

Wasn't there a thread were they wanted to step up the level of the balance forums ?
IB4 lock.

I think BAR and FG42 use Assault Rifle as well since they're best at mid range.

To the OP, don't bring shame to the whole German player community by complaining about every little thing. The Soviets were not completely inferior to the Germans. I'm a mainly German player and I think your bias towards the Germans is too much. Plus we won't even know how Relic will nerf things. Something from the Allied factions might even be toned down along with the LMGs. We all know that Ost are slightly weaker than the Allied factions but that does not justify nerfing what the Allies have and buffing the Germans at the same time.
4 Sep 2014, 13:35 PM

IB4 lock.

Not sure about FG42, but I think bars use assault rifle profiles, aka medium-short range.
4 Sep 2014, 13:37 PM

Permanently Banned

Cruzz, as I have said before, is the Jesus of CoH2, his opinions are(speaking from experience), the sanest, most logical reasoning's ever to come across this forum board. He is what CoH2 needs. I would promote him to lead balancer if I ever had the chance. That's how much I would put my life and the life of CoH2 into Cruzz's hands, because, he has yet to be wrong in my eyes, and probably never will be. :snfPeter:

Hey Bulgakov, guess what? :D

Says the pro soviet player.

Says the person who said OKW are easy to use. Then proceeds to lose 5 games in a row then never plays OKW again after getting Jeep and rifle spammed. Says the person who advocates allies like Cruzz.

How ironic.
4 Sep 2014, 13:44 PM

Says the pro soviet player.

Says the person who said OKW are easy to use. Then proceeds to lose 5 games in a row then never plays OKW again after getting Jeep and rifle spammed. Says the person who advocates allies like Cruzz.

How ironic.

That pro soviet player is rank 22 with OKW.

What is yours so we can compare your level of skill and understanding of faction to actually prove that you are right and he doesn't know what he talks about?
4 Sep 2014, 13:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2014, 13:31 PMsteel
I think BAR and FG42 use Assault Rifle as well since they're best at mid range.

And why do they have such a big DPS at long range, in comparison to other Assault Rifles (Stg/Mp44)
4 Sep 2014, 14:01 PM

Everybody has a faction he prefers, however most players, for the sake of the community and fun want a balanced game, regardless of the faction.
However there are the fanboy exceptions and warthrone you really need to wait for the patch before you start whining about nerfs.
I rather suspect the Ostheer is getting some love with the next patch.
4 Sep 2014, 14:02 PM

And why do they have such a big DPS at long range, in comparison to other Assault Rifles (Stg/Mp44)
You're right, looks like can't help you. Maybe Relic decided to make it special for these 2 weapons.
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS