Login

russian armor

First normal strat for Ostheer 1v1

11 Apr 2013, 21:14 PM

Let's teach some noobs how to play like COHEXPERTSSSSS

1. first what you need is to have 2 pios in early game so you get another one
2. with first pios you are going to cap some map point, usually go for some cool territory like fuel or muni
3. second pio is building T1 and joining capping the first pios
4. My fav BO from T1 - 2x MG's 3x grens - why? because mortar sucks and i like grens and mg combo, sniper useless in early
5. in first mins try to focus on one side of the map (usually 2 VP's)
6. don't get early flame upgrade on pios because it's useless and easy to lose, grens LMG is better IMO, also you must have like 35 muni all the time to faust flame HT if it's cuming because it's very annoying when it burns your soldiers like sausages on grill
7. When situation is stable and you got some nice fuel income i suggest to skip T2 and go for insta T3 and first ostwind tank, why ostwind? because it's best long range anti infantry tank that can also kill some early HT's and tanks (for example SU-85 if ostwind is well micro'ed) and even T-34 sometimes (don't forget that ostwind kills every kind of tank that is standing on ice, just use graound attack on enemy tank and watch how it's sinking lol, fooking OP it is i must say)
8. When enemy is spamming SU-85 you must go T4 and panther/Elefant, otherwise you are doomed, T3 units can't beat SU-85, even Stug spam, you can also try backtech to packs when you don't have much fuel
9. When enemy is spamming other tank than SU-85 then feel free to spam Stugs and butthurt him as much as you want

Other motes:
- flamers are no longer OP since new update on Beta so it's useless to go it in first place
- early barbed wire building when pioniers are within territory (they are capping) is a good idea
- don't make S-mine field because it's waste of ammo and pioniers are building it very slow
- 20mm upgun for Scout car decreases efficiency to infantry but can kill T-70's HT's and sometimes rear T-34 armor
- panzergrenadiers are useless IMO in 1v1 since they build cost is high and reinforce too and it's easy to lose some squad members even to one or two cons squad
- good to build teller mine sometimes because they are mostly immobilizing or destroying engine for enemy tanks (and insta kill for smaller tanks and HT's)
- in 1v1 it's always good to build muni OP's only since you will need muni in great numbers

I think it's all for now, before you start playing Beta you shoul watch tutorial and learn everything what's necessary MVGame
11 Apr 2013, 21:59 PM

lol, wrong section i see
11 Apr 2013, 22:19 PM

- panzergrenadiers are useless IMO

stopped reading there MVGame
11 Apr 2013, 22:57 PM

ohh Basil, if you think they are worth something, then cum and play some 1v1 against my soviets, i assure you that panzergrens are useless (vs good players ofc)
12 Apr 2013, 03:20 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Moved to Krauts.

Nice strat Bartholomew.
12 Apr 2013, 09:09 AM

Thank you Jason MVGame
12 Apr 2013, 09:22 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Yep seems interesting :P
12 Apr 2013, 13:03 PM

This strat is useless >:( I played tutorial and beat this on easy. MVGame
25 Apr 2013, 08:31 AM

SOUNDS GREAT MVGame
25 Apr 2013, 11:27 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

PG's tend to make for a great overall counter to every situation in my opinion, ofc it depends how good the player is and his ability to make wise decisions on using panzer grenadiers. So i wouldnt say they are a pointless unit in 1v1. But otherwise great writeup, i like 3G2MGs aswell!

If u use 3 bulletins just for buffing grenadiers, you'll have nice strong early grens.
7 Jun 2013, 03:07 AM

i like this strategy a lot works well for me, but i don't like going T3 right away, i prefer getting a flame halftrack, and pak because:
flame Half Track does super damage and with the blessed Barton strategy I own already 2/3 of the map, and i don't feel comfortable going T3 straight away and because of the Pak. I will probably hate a late game fuel problem, Ostwind,( Stug spam is lots of fuel) and Pak is just good vs heavy tanks.

<444>3 BartonPL TY
7 Jun 2013, 21:48 PM

A few panzergrenadiers are nice to ensure you win that Tank vs Tank match. A few self-propelled grenades are nice against soft targets.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 69
Germany 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment