Login

russian armor

CoH2 replay Top 3

11 Apr 2013, 18:06 PM

What are your top 3 features you'd like to see added to the Coh2 replay system.

Mine:
1. Current units/buildings on the field for both players
2. Party replay view
3. Rewind replays
11 Apr 2013, 18:24 PM

1. Income/Resources for both players
2. Production queue/units for both players
3. Rewind & jump/skip to certain parts of the replay
11 Apr 2013, 18:28 PM

And how hard would it be for relic to add said features...?
11 Apr 2013, 18:32 PM

And how hard would it be for relic to add said features...?

Who knows, Im just wondering what everyone else thinks would be good to have in the system...
11 Apr 2013, 18:33 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Those features in the first two posts would make me a happy camper indeed.
11 Apr 2013, 18:34 PM

You misunderstood; I was being sarcastic. Regardless, good thread and I agree with both you and Fatal.
11 Apr 2013, 18:44 PM

You misunderstood; I was being sarcastic. Regardless, good thread and I agree with both you and Fatal.

Im new around here..... :)
11 Apr 2013, 18:52 PM

Im new around here..... :)

No worries, and welcome!
11 Apr 2013, 19:08 PM
Coder Red Badge

The problem is, instead of designing for these features from the get-go, Relic decided to stick with a nearly identical replay structure from vanilla. The replay file is formatted almost exactly the same as in vCoH, and contains extremely similar information.

For certain things like rewinding replays and observing, drastic changes would have to be made to both the replay file, how that replay file is written, and how the game engine runs replays. This would've been a lot easier to do if it were planned from the beginning.
11 Apr 2013, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2013, 19:08 PMInverse
The problem is, instead of designing for these features from the get-go, Relic decided to stick with a nearly identical replay structure from vanilla. The replay file is formatted almost exactly the same as in vCoH, and contains extremely similar information.

For certain things like rewinding replays and observing, drastic changes would have to be made to both the replay file, how that replay file is written, and how the game engine runs replays. This would've been a lot easier to do if it were planned from the beginning.

Which means relic ignored the efforts of players posting feedback and suggestions...

I would like to post what Noun wrote about what relic intends to do with all the feedback in internal Beta forums, but dunno if i am allowed according to NDA.
11 Apr 2013, 20:28 PM

My guess is that when the development started they didn't have enough resources to make something new from scratch, so they just chucked in the old one slightly modified, and with slightly I mean almost not at all.

It is basically what Inverse said, the same system in almost every aspect, which for us (casters & replay viewers alike) sucks tbh.

I would like to see the 3 things I wished for, and observer mode too, I think the new SC2 replay stuff is brilliant, but I can easily live without it, but this, to be fair, isn't far from a complete and utter joke.
11 Apr 2013, 20:38 PM

1. multiple players watching on replay (good for SNF or other shiet)
2. rewind replays
1. Income/Resources for both players
2. Production queue/units for both players
11 Apr 2013, 20:46 PM

well, actually, the current replay system is even worse... since they got rid of x6 and x8 speed, and x4 speed doesn't do anything... so, if you want to fast forward, you're stuck with x2.
11 Apr 2013, 20:49 PM

watch tutorial crawler, we don't need your useless comments MVGame
11 Apr 2013, 22:16 PM

This is not new, guys. Remember Quinn said this probably wouldn't make it at launch, but that he would try to push for it afterwards. Sure, its not what we wanted to hear, but they didn't lie or deceive any of us.

A finished, playable game is far more important than the replay system. Yes, the replay system is extremely important for competitive purposes, but the game needs to cash in.

I think my hopes are more realistic, but not smiling about it: An expansion pack, with a fixed retail cost, that will add new features such as these. such as OF, that brought new sounds and flame effects (but also bad stuff, like different vet icons and the most horrible brit faction possible).
12 Apr 2013, 14:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I think my hopes are more realistic, but not smiling about it: An expansion pack, with a fixed retail cost, that will add new features such as these. such as OF, that brought new sounds and flame effects (but also bad stuff, like different vet icons and the most horrible brit faction possible).

and LOL!!! :(
12 Apr 2013, 14:18 PM

A full live spectators action with all the features should be CASUAL in 2013.
12 Apr 2013, 14:53 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2013, 14:18 PMPepsi
A full live spectators action with all the features should be CASUAL in 2013.

This is really the point. When we heard last year that there would be a COH2, the first thing in my mind was "finally we'll have a proper replay system and observation mode."
13 Apr 2013, 03:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2013, 20:46 PMcr4wler
well, actually, the current replay system is even worse... since they got rid of x6 and x8 speed, and x4 speed doesn't do anything... so, if you want to fast forward, you're stuck with x2.

In CoH 1 the x8 speed didn't even work and I don't recall x6 :o . At least not for me. they were there yes but they didn't increase beyond x4 oddly enough.

And yes observers is pretty much the hyper priority. Working replay is fine and I can understand why rewind wouldn't be possible in this game without someones brain hurting.
13 Apr 2013, 04:26 AM

Don't mind if they delayed the game for more replay features, in fact plz do this Relic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★