Login

russian armor

CoH2 replay Top 3

13 Apr 2013, 12:20 PM

I'm actually a bit afraid that a obs system will never come... oh well, hopefully SEGA will see why using manpower to allow a RTS to have a chance to be taken seriously on a competitive stage, is a good idea in 2013.

On top of the features already mentioned I would want a view of "squads lost" Kinda like you can see workers lost in SC2. To be able to check it with the click of a button and see all squads and tanks lost, as well as upgrades bought for them, would please this stat geek. :p
13 Apr 2013, 12:57 PM
Senior Caster Badge

That would be pretty cool, although with such a low unit count in CoH and CoH 2 it's not hard to just remember that stuff.
13 Apr 2013, 14:46 PM

how about a feature that would allow you to go in a specific time in the video , much like you can do in ytube , anyway i think that they ll wait to see if people buy the game and then they will release improvements of the replay system in an observer package
13 Apr 2013, 14:57 PM

On top of the features already mentioned I would want a view of "squads lost" Kinda like you can see workers lost in SC2. To be able to check it with the click of a button and see all squads and tanks lost, as well as upgrades bought for them, would please this stat geek. :p

I think it'd be more useful to have a counter that displays manpower, fuel, and ammo lost due to squad reinforcements and vehicle losses.
13 Apr 2013, 20:06 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Not looking forward to the "unpause in 5..4.. " etc in two weeks. :facepalm: I'm gonna feel like Scotty talking to the mouse in Star Trek IV, "how quaint."
13 Apr 2013, 22:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2013, 19:08 PMInverse
The problem is, instead of designing for these features from the get-go, Relic decided to stick with a nearly identical replay structure from vanilla. The replay file is formatted almost exactly the same as in vCoH, and contains extremely similar information.

For certain things like rewinding replays and observing, drastic changes would have to be made to both the replay file, how that replay file is written, and how the game engine runs replays. This would've been a lot easier to do if it were planned from the beginning.

Replay skipping wouldn't be hard to implement at a basic level. Just save the entire state of the game at a regular interval (~10 seconds) and load the nearest one to where a player skips to. Multi-player observing is also probably easier than you might think, you could essentially host a game with AI who follow the instructions given by the replay. obviously not easy or quick to do, but something that I'd be disappointed if we didn't see post-launch.
14 Apr 2013, 14:33 PM

on build orders , the engine of the game which i understand is like dow2 allows for bo to be depicted in replay , at least casted games of dow2 have an option
15 Apr 2013, 11:18 AM

1.Being able to watch the game from the players perspective either utilizing the whole screen or something in the mini map showing where each player was looking through out the game

2. REWIND Button - so annoying having to constantly restart to see that bit you missed!!

3. Ability to have multiple people watch one replay from the same session
15 Apr 2013, 12:02 PM

I don't think they're going to be able to fix this one post launch, unless they change the entire replay system with a patch. Can they even do that?

-Spectator mode
-Something else that should be there anyway
15 Apr 2013, 12:29 PM

I don't think they're going to be able to fix this one post launch, unless they change the entire replay system with a patch. Can they even do that?

-Spectator mode

Quinn said they've be looking into the possibility of expanding the Replay tolls post launch, so at least some measure of it must be possible.
15 Apr 2013, 13:05 PM

Quinn said they've be looking into the possibility of expanding the Replay tolls post launch, so at least some measure of it must be possible.

Anything is possible, it's just whether it's worth it for them to spend the time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★