Login

russian armor

6-men weapon teams and ambushes

16 Apr 2013, 10:27 AM

Damn I wrote a whole page and it got lost because I had to login again... not cached in Back page. So just the essentials:

Always run behind mortar/MG with 2 squads of grenadiers/conscripts if possible. That way it wil be killed near 100%. Even ignore shooting infantry because you have to take care of mortar/MG first anyway and can finish the rest after.

I usually don't use single grenadier/conscripts squads if not desperate to do so. Always send teams of 2+ to the important locations. The unimportant ones get taken by my starting 2 single engineers. They can still kill stuff with flamer and else retreat for base building.

I walk infantry in lines with 2-4 tank lengths apart. That way I got better sight and flanking aswell as some artillery protection.
Apart from that I agree that russian mortar/MG sqads could be reduced to size 4/5. They should not be as large as other squads while being larger than german ones.
16 Apr 2013, 14:26 PM

6 man squads looks so cool, but yeah it's a bit much for the gameplay to be fluent. It also makes it easy for the germans to beat the russian mortar, since they can take a hit or two and survive, while a hit on the russian mortar will surely kill one or two of the poor guys, followed by the crew doing the "ants go marching" as they line up to try and grab the mortar while it's being barraged. Hm. :/
Joe
20 Apr 2013, 22:12 PM

The Russian mgs doesn't lock down areas like the German one. Look at its arc of fire.

If they had 4 man squads they would need a larger arc, then it might as well be an mg42. I like the way it is. It makes it feel different and get used different.
21 Apr 2013, 12:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2013, 22:12 PMJoe
The Russian mgs doesn't lock down areas like the German one. Look at its arc of fire.

If they had 4 man squads they would need a larger arc, then it might as well be an mg42. I like the way it is. It makes it feel different and get used different.

IMO it shouldn't stay the way it is because 6 man squads also make german snipers worthless. They cost 340mp ( ithink ) and have to contend with six man script squads and six man weapon teams. It takes forever to decrew a six man maxim ( or at least force retreat ).

On the other hand, the Russian sniper team only has to deal with 4 man gren squads and 3 man support teams so each shot carries far more impact. ( if the Rus player decides to even build snipers.. most just take out support teams with a scout car/flamer combo ) .

In my experience, when I play as the german army against just one productive sniper I feel a strong and immediate need to get some kind of counter to the sniper. As a Rus player against one german sniper I don't feel the pressure to do anything at all. If I built T2 and not T1 I don't feel any strong need for back teching just to deal with it.
21 Apr 2013, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2013, 22:12 PMJoe

What about the fact that the team just won't die from a Panzer Grenadier-ambush?
Joe
22 Apr 2013, 05:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2013, 12:59 PMTZer0

What about the fact that the team just won't die from a Panzer Grenadier-ambush?

There is a point there. It might be more due to the fact that the bundled grenades seem weak for how much they cost to throw.

I've found another problem that you can recrew a weapon team with guards or shock troops and reinforce it to 6 of those men. AT gun with 6 shock troops is pretty OP.

I might reconsider my stance on this for the sake of the german sniper.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★