Login

russian armor

What happened to Relic?

31 Aug 2014, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2014, 03:06 AMLSDuffy

So the question is what happened to Relic?

I can't thank you enough for this topic, it has answered so many questions that I had about relic and coh2.

Again thanks for the topic.
31 Aug 2014, 18:41 PM

I was about to buy this game but thx God i found out that it doesnt have SLI mode which saved me 50 bucks. I mean, even vCoh has SLI support and its 8 years old. And Relic is trying to sell this piece of crap in 2013 without SLI support. And not even a year they add it. Oh, and they are trumpeting Observer mod now, haha, what a joke.
I remember playing Redalert 2 in 2000 and it had observer, go figure the quality of this game. But i guess consumerism has got into games also with the retarded DLC policy.
What the hell is SLI mode and why do you care about it so much?
31 Aug 2014, 18:47 PM
Patrion 14

I was about to buy this game but thx God i found out that it doesnt have SLI mode which saved me 50 bucks. I mean, even vCoh has SLI support and its 8 years old. And Relic is trying to sell this piece of crap in 2013 without SLI support. And not even a year they add it. Oh, and they are trumpeting Observer mod now, haha, what a joke.
I remember playing Redalert 2 in 2000 and it had observer, go figure the quality of this game. But i guess consumerism has got into games also with the retarded DLC policy.

Don't even bother posting here then.
31 Aug 2014, 19:15 PM

What the hell is SLI mode and why do you care about it so much?

SLI is the nvidia tech that enables you to pair 2 vga cards in 1 computer. Some people need it when running large screens with very high resolution.
31 Aug 2014, 20:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2014, 16:28 PMAlbus

Compared to other games which were released at around the same time, it's not actually that bad. Some examples with far worse optimisation include Metro 2033 (Which was released, like, 5 years before COH 2 and I can barely run that game on medium whilst I can run COH 2 on high without antiliasing before lag sets in) and Skyrim (Which was released 2 years prior to Skyrim although I can only run it at the lowest settings before lag sets in).

So because other games maybe be also poorly optimized we as customers should be OK with that??? HELL NO. This is not free to play game in which I can understand it since its free to play - I didnt pay a single penny for it. COH2 is payed product and I as costumer expect finished product not beta version. There are some bugs which are still in game since beta like bad pathfiding. They improve it but it is still bad. Also that input lag, units not following orders imidiately etc... Bugs like that should be fixed in beta. We are one year after release and most of that stuff is still not fixed which is bad sign for us.

Coh2 has great potential in it but Relic should stop milking it and finally fix those damn bugs. Maybe Sega is pushing them hard to milk every single penny from it who knows.
31 Aug 2014, 20:50 PM

"Unit Order Delay" has been a thing since DoW2, I think it's actually a game play mechanic as in "Orders being relayed from command to units in the field" but it still annoying as hell in a game where a half second delay can be the difference between a squad wipe and maybe 2 models dying.
31 Aug 2014, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 19:15 PMAbdul

SLI is the nvidia tech that enables you to pair 2 vga cards in 1 computer. Some people need it when running large screens with very high resolution.
Well that's a silly reason not to play a perfectly good video game.
1 Sep 2014, 15:28 PM

I guess you're whacked in the head or something.perfectly good game maybe in some alternate reality.
1 Sep 2014, 15:55 PM
Patrion 14

I guess you're whacked in the head or something.perfectly good game maybe in some alternate reality.

Mate, if you don't play the game, don't post crap here and go play whatever you play and whine on their forums, thank you
4 Sep 2014, 15:52 PM

Not only to play high res, but even if you want to play in Full HD but you have (like me) 2 "dated" VGA that works perfectly a part for CoH2.. it's annoying.

I have 2 HD6950 that paired could still kick several 300$ GPU asses and i cant use 1 of them..
5 Sep 2014, 03:00 AM

I only got through the first page so far, but I plan on reading the rest since it's an interesting thread, but I do agree with the general sentiment here.

It feels like the current team doesn't quite understand the conceptual underpinnings that made vCOH so fun and dynamic to play.

For a concrete example, I'll call out the soviet tech system. In T3 you have the T70, halftrack, and T34. In T4 you have SU-85, SU-76, and Katyusha.

So you have 3 units in T3 competing for anti-infantry duties, one of which is more armored for just a bit more fuel.

In T4 you have a TD and 2 units competing for anti-blob duties, one of which is clearly better at its job for just a bit more fuel.

This kind of system is inane and discourages using a wide variety of tactics.

Look at how USF is pigeon-holed into spamming riflemen in the early game no matter what.

In vCOH, US could spam rifles OR they could take a more balanced approach.

Little things like the Supply Yard upgrade cutting manpower upkeep, which allowed riflemen to scale better.

The fact that the doctrines all felt very distinct and well thought out, and virtually no ability was useless.

Whereas CoH1 felt like a one or two people's very clearly defined vision brought to life, CoH2 feels like a hodge podge of ideas agreed upon by committee, where some work and some don't and nobody feels compelled to fully accept the responsibility to say they made a mistake and change the design.

My 2 cents.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS