Login

russian armor

Jagdtiger - The Gamebreaker

PAGES (10)down
5 Oct 2014, 16:56 PM

Looks like somebody tried to counter ANTITANK-Weapons with tanks...... better try this.

5 Oct 2014, 16:57 PM

Just to get insta dive bombed by Stuka? kthxbye

OKW stuka doctrine confirmed

Ostheer Tiger and stuka doctrine also confirmed
5 Oct 2014, 16:58 PM

OKW stuka doctrine confirmed

Also, we all know everyone goes for JT in 1v1.
5 Oct 2014, 16:59 PM

Looks like somebody tried to counter ANTITANK-Weapons with tanks...... better try this.

Dude pls, a skilled player will always move around his jagdtiger plus 2v2 against OKW+WEHR will always have off map. Plus, a JT isn't killed after 1 B4 shot, and with the sturmpio's being able to repair at 1500% speed, it's just totally fun to play against.

So please, please don't give me that 'Use b4 lelz'
5 Oct 2014, 17:02 PM

Also, we all know everyone goes for JT in 1v1.

0 fuel stuka from hq truck which totally does not make the JT arrive later confirmed :snfPeter:

it also always insta destroys b4 and does not decrew it :snfCHVGame:

did I forgot to mention that the new stuka also has unlimited range so it does not have to drive directly to the front where it gets destroyed by at-guns :snfPeter:
5 Oct 2014, 17:05 PM

Dude pls, a skilled player will always move around his jagdtiger plus 2v2 against OKW+WEHR will always have off map. Plus, a JT isn't killed after 1 B4 shot, and with the sturmpio's being able to repair at 1500% speed, it's just totally fun to play against.

So please, please don't give me that 'Use b4 lelz'

some cons with AT granade, and JT will be as slow as tortoise is, so you can easly take it down with use B-4
couse B-4 in one shot can take 75% of JT life, other tactic is just make med tank spam and round it with inf support to kill some AT guns or volks
5 Oct 2014, 17:07 PM

WEll that is if you can get close...and hope they penetrate...
5 Oct 2014, 17:09 PM

on rear, and even side armor will always work
5 Oct 2014, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2014, 17:09 PMMr.Osa
on rear, and even side armor will always work

There is no side armor in coh2 and never was(where do these people come from?)
And there is 66% to pen rear armor, but since conscripts/rifles can't paradrop behind the lines, you'll always be facing its frontal 525 armor with your awesome 100 pen AT nades.

That is, assuming you'll still have a squad after passing the wall of G43 pfusiliers and obers.
5 Oct 2014, 17:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Here's a chart that I made that you might find helpful.

You can roughly estimate the penetration of weapon vs front armor and rear armor of most vehicles that matter in the game- if the penetration bar is half of the armor bar, chance to penetrate is 50%, if both bars are equal it's 100%, so on and so forth. Nothing new, it just shows you really shouldn't shoot a jagdtiger from the front- which everyone knew already.
5 Oct 2014, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2014, 17:05 PMMr.Osa

some cons with AT granade, and JT will be as slow as tortoise is, so you can easly take it down with use B-4
couse B-4 in one shot can take 75% of JT life, other tactic is just make med tank spam and round it with inf support to kill some AT guns or volks

Cons will not always penetrate / cause an engine damage.
If they get to the JT ofcourse.
A skilled player will leave his JT in the back with support, so these cons crippling your JT? Sorry no.

But thanks for giving me these info about how to counter a JT cause I seriously didn't know how to counter it. Thanks Osa, thanks a lot.

I know how to play, you don't have to explain it.

5 Oct 2014, 18:18 PM

Cons will not always penetrate / cause an engine damage.
If they get to the JT ofcourse.
A skilled player will leave his JT in the back with support, so these cons crippling your JT? Sorry no.

But thanks for giving me these info about how to counter a JT cause I seriously didn't know how to counter it. Thanks Osa, thanks a lot.

I know how to play, you don't have to explain it.

Are conscripts still alive past the 15 min mark??? o_O
5 Oct 2014, 19:57 PM

Jagdtiger is pretty bad in 1vs1, it get easy flanked and cause of it's schocks it most end in a dead Jagdtiger, but in team games it is just set behind a building coverd and destroying evry thing. So it need to get rid of it's shocks and also don't shot trough buildings
5 Oct 2014, 21:40 PM

It's a stupidly designed unit to begin with. In solo games, it's price tag and overspecialized nature means it's pretty much only worth it against ISU-152 users. In team games, where your teammate can plug the gaps in your army, cover your flanks and build caches if Ostheer, it's a retardedly powerful game-ender that can almost single handedly stop any amount of allied armor in its tracks. Support it with 1-2 Paks/raketens/shrecks if required and your own armor basically has free reign.

Also, to the people saying to use conscript AT nades: good luck getting on the Jagdtiger's rear armor while your squishy scripts get cut to ribbons by G43s and Obers.
5 Oct 2014, 21:47 PM

Jagdtiger definitely isn't game breaking. I would argue that it needs a buff since 2 Jacksons or a handful of T-34's can decimate easily even if you have Volks with shreks supporting it. I lost countless Jagdtigers even when supported with shreked Volks to Jacksons and T-34's. The Jagdtiger is simply too weak and either needs to have an armour increase or a speed increase. It also has no anti-infantry capability which is puzzling; why doesn't a 800 MP and 300 petrol unit have the capability to kill infantry? If the Jagd could actually kill infantry then the price would almost be worth it, but as of now I don't ever use it because it's simply not worth it.
5 Oct 2014, 21:50 PM

Jagdtiger definitely isn't game breaking. I would argue that it needs a buff since 2 Jacksons or a handful of T-34's can decimate easily even if you have Volks with shreks supporting it. I lost countless Jagdtigers even when supported with shreked Volks to Jacksons and T-34's. The Jagdtiger is simply too weak and either needs to have an armour increase or a speed increase. It also has no anti-infantry capability which is puzzling; why doesn't a 800 MP and 300 petrol unit have the capability to kill infantry? If the Jagd could actually kill infantry then the price would almost be worth it, but as of now I don't ever use it because it's simply not worth it.

Uhh.... too weak?
5 Oct 2014, 21:53 PM

well clearly you're misusing the unit. It can shoot through obstacles, so if you're losing it to jacksons you aren't doing something correctly. Also please tell me how they managed to get through your infantry screen, since jacksons have no AI whatsoever either.

You're frankly out of touch asking for this monster wall shooting through tank destroyer to have AI capability or more armor.

Compare the fuel cost of 2 jacksons and a "handful" of t-34s, or did you mean t34/85? and understand why what you're saying is unreasonable.
5 Oct 2014, 21:59 PM

I'm not misusing the unit and frankly, that's really insulting. I was in the top10 2v2 rank for OKW a month or so ago and i'm a former CoH1 veteran who was in the top 10 for the British Army in 2v2 ranked....I know how to use units and how various units work.

Ok, so my Jagdtiger and Volks didn't die to Jacksons alone, but I had numerical superiority and a 800 MP and 300 petrol unit. The Jacksons are simply too good when their range is even better than the Jagdtiger. When I invest 800 MP and 300 petrol into a unit, it better be good. In the case of the Jagdtiger it simply doesn't fill those requirements. Why can't it kill even a single infantry model? Its armour is supposed to be the best in the game, yet I find it worse than the KT and we all know about it's movement troubles(It's a slow moving powder keg).

5 Oct 2014, 22:31 PM

I'm not misusing the unit and frankly, that's really insulting. I was in the top10 2v2 rank for OKW a month or so ago and i'm a former CoH1 veteran who was in the top 10 for the British Army in 2v2 ranked....I know how to use units and how various units work.

Ok, so my Jagdtiger and Volks didn't die to Jacksons alone, but I had numerical superiority and a 800 MP and 300 petrol unit. The Jacksons are simply too good when their range is even better than the Jagdtiger. When I invest 800 MP and 300 petrol into a unit, it better be good. In the case of the Jagdtiger it simply doesn't fill those requirements. Why can't it kill even a single infantry model? Its armour is supposed to be the best in the game, yet I find it worse than the KT and we all know about it's movement troubles(It's a slow moving powder keg).

Dude... What are you smoking? Jackson has better range? I understood You correctly?
It has bet frontal armor in game.
Movement troubles? What did You expected from unit which weighs 72t?
5 Oct 2014, 22:33 PM

Please explain how Jacksons are constantly hitting my Jagdtigers from miles away, despite me not having vision of them. Jacksons outrange the Jagdtiger from my experiences.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight