"No Problem! I will just flank it because it is slow and immobile!!"

"OOORAHHHH"

*Paks and Schreck Volks are waiting*

"We're burning!"

"Armor breached!"

"Noooooooo"

"Ahhhhhhh"

1 Oct 2014, 00:59 AM

They should just disable the ability to fire autofire through shotblockers.

They can keep it as a manual ability. Hell they could keep it free as well, but being able to do so automatically is completely invalidates the units weakness to flanks.
1 Oct 2014, 03:38 AM

Skillplane button not found? :O
1 Oct 2014, 05:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2014, 00:18 AMNinjaWJ

perhaps the unit itself is fine. The main problem i see is that it can be supported by Axis infantry with nice AT options like the panzerschreck. This means you need some form of artillery or suppression weapon to clean out the infantry. Using tanks to flank the JGT is very deadly for Allies due to this

This.
1 Oct 2014, 05:31 AM

Well it this thread is really interesting it's complaining about a unit which was designed to counter mainly the isu. And that's why it can shoot through walls, sure someone might say that it's impossible to flank but....it's not somewhere will be a gap in the enemy line and then you should be able to strike. The jagdtiger has some serious disadvantages, it's slow (very slow), expensive and gets stunned even by an at gun. Now if you remove the wall shooting and the longer range like some here suggested you'll have an elephant without spotting and that gets stunned instantly when the isu shoots back and we shouldn't forget that it is mainly 2 isus vs. 1 jt. An easy prey right, too easy for an unit the okw player has spent his whole fuel on. And if you want to destroy the jt without any problems just build a b4 or two maybe that will solve the problem.
1 Oct 2014, 05:38 AM

Judging by the way you told us that story it sounds like you made a line of maxims and at guns and cons and 3 is2s. Playing defensively as allies will never work at least not in the bigger team games. It sound like you sat there while the KT got itself up and ready to go and waited until they got jagdtiger. The way I do my 4v4s is that i always push with artillery support.

Sorry but you are wrong a little.
It was ettlebruck station. We took all 3 VPs. Axis were holding ammo on the left and point on the right. We were not sitting down and waiting. We tried to get them off from that ammo (there were 2 trucks converted to t2 and t3 or t3 and t4 depends how you count). Pak43, KT, few volks. We were using Katy but they had med truck somewhere.
The point is that they were doomed. We need time to break that line but then Jagdtiger came and with KT as spotter kilo everything. 2 is-2, I called another one and same fate.
Tight map, no space to flank and Jagdtiger shooting through every building.. Its just broken.
________
Big, heavy, slow units without AI power should be counter by AT infantry but allies do not have any infantry like this.
1 Oct 2014, 06:13 AM

remove the ability to fire trough buildings and make it cost 250 feul.
to make it better in lower team modes and less OP in higher.
1 Oct 2014, 06:34 AM

Unless it gets 1 shot by double B-4, as seen on Rogers stream yesterday <444>_<444>

Heeey, you forgot P-47 air attack from Paras doctrine. A few missiles can bring that thing to 30% life. Allied have counters to JagdTiger. They only have to.... oh, USE THEM.
1 Oct 2014, 06:39 AM

Heeey, you forgot P-47 air attack from Paras doctrine. A few missiles can bring that thing to 30% life. Allied have counters to JagdTiger. They only have to.... oh, USE THEM.
Now name one that's not doctrinal.
1 Oct 2014, 06:43 AM

You want a non-doctrinal hard counter to a doctrinal unit?! Nice man.
1 Oct 2014, 06:47 AM

Oh well I guess I should just lose if I don't choose the one faction in either army that can counter that unit. I guess axis shouldn't be able to beat the ISU unless they choose the right doctrine either.

Your arguments are impeccable.
1 Oct 2014, 06:48 AM

I don't have that much problems with jagdtiger but they should remove the fact dead tank carcasses can be driven over.

When you try to block the damn thing with a sherman by moving behind it which in my opinion should be a legit tactic you will find the sherman gets killed way too fast by shreks/fausts etc. and the jagdtiger will just back up crushing it's carcass.

The dead sherman should stay there and block the path!
1 Oct 2014, 06:51 AM
Donator 22

I've lost in two games my supported JT in a 2vs2. The key is to build a lot a tanks. They attacked my JT, coordinated with 5-6 tanks and infanrty. gg! :gimpy:

1 Oct 2014, 06:56 AM

The solution seems obvious....

The ISU got its AT buff during a time when there was no other valid soviet AT option. Haven't this changed?

Would not an ISU only shooting infantry supported by Zis guns, and or T-34/76/SU-85s be enough of a force to face any German army?

Maybe it wouldn't be too bad on 1v1 balance to remove alot of the ISUs AT ability so the Jagd and can be brought down some notches aswell? It would certainly help 3v3 and 4v4 balance.

Isn't that something both Allied and Axis fanboys can get behind?

This would be a bad idea 8 months ago when the Sovs lacked almost any efficient AT and Panthers reigned supreme. But with the new armoured combat and the addition of USF?

Im all for hitting all long-range superunits with a big nerfhammer. The usage of multiple tanks, AT-guns and AT-infantry is alot more fun to both play and watch then just slugging it out at max range.

tl:dr Make ISU an AI unit first and foremost. Sovs have viable AT options regardless. This would allow the Jagd and Ele to be taken down a notch but still remain viable AT platforms.
1 Oct 2014, 07:04 AM

Im all for hitting all long-range superunits with a big nerfhammer. The usage of multiple tanks, AT-guns and AT-infantry is alot more fun to both play and watch then just slugging it out at max range.

(Psst... Hey buddy? Wanna buy some... fuel upkeep.)
1 Oct 2014, 07:14 AM

(Psst... Hey buddy? Wanna buy some... fuel upkeep.)

Don't know man, fuel upkeep just means there can still be 2 jagds and 1 ele vs 3 ISUs in teamgames.
1 Oct 2014, 07:56 AM

I remember Axis tears when we (Allies) told You to use doctrinal smoke to counter doctrinal Guards, and there was something like: Are you mad? Choosing only one doctrine with smoke to counter doctrinal guards?

You mention P-47? I guess You fotgot to mention that OKW truck is able to kill that planes in a second.

And hitting Jadgtiger with all 12 rockets is almost impossible.
1 Oct 2014, 08:09 AM

You mention P-47? I guess You fotgot to mention that OKW truck is able to kill that planes in a second.

I really wanted to post this: :rofl:.

But I want to be polite and explain to you: no, OKW truck is not able to kill those planes. Not even one time from 10. They are flying all around the map hitting every single vehicle with their rockets. This doctrine is one of my favourites since I discovered their power. They are killing OKW sdkfz AA in a second and don't give a shit about OKW T4.

From OKW side: My Jagdtiger was left with 30% health after one raid.
From USF side: I killed 1 AA sdkfz and one OKW Panther in one raid. OKW Panther had indeed like 90% of its health.

P-47 raid: verry effective and a good doctrine ability. USF should have at least 2 doctrines with this off-map, considering their air superiority at that moment.
1 Oct 2014, 08:17 AM

Well it this thread is really interesting it's complaining about a unit which was designed to counter mainly the isu. And that's why it can shoot through walls, sure someone might say that it's impossible to flank but....it's not somewhere will be a gap in the enemy line and then you should be able to strike. The jagdtiger has some serious disadvantages, it's slow (very slow), expensive and gets stunned even by an at gun. Now if you remove the wall shooting and the longer range like some here suggested you'll have an elephant without spotting and that gets stunned instantly when the isu shoots back and we shouldn't forget that it is mainly 2 isus vs. 1 jt. An easy prey right, too easy for an unit the okw player has spent his whole fuel on.

Exactly. I might be an average player, but I've lost several JT's to better players than me. If the game isn't a stomp against a total noobs, and the resources are split in half for that long a game for JT to arrive - the enemy will have a whole pallete of armor and abilities to throw against it. I play mostly large team games, and I've seen it done so many times. Whenever JT is called with the last drops of hard collected fuel as some sort of desperate remedy for a obviously loosing game, it goes in flames usually along with all the hope too - in matter of few minutes. It just gives the winning team additional reason to gloat. On the other hand, I don't remember one single game where I could attribute the win or in fact total turn of the tide to a single JT coming out in the very late game. Only seen it do what it was supposed to do - keep at bay ISU, IS2's or kiting Jacksons. It's not a one shot/kill unit and gives a chance to any halfdecent player to retreat, repair and reevaluate a situation. All of the JT's critics seem to forget that it can not autospot for itselft like the ISU or Elefant, and requires the Axis presence on the map part of interest or off map recon which isn't always so simple when u invested 1/3 of your manpower for highly specialized therefore limited unit.

I actually try to build up my basic tactics without choosing a doctrine. And I really go for JT in the second half of the match if the enemy is trying to steamroll us with multiple IS2's or ISU starts to negate everything you ever built or trained. for that silly amount of fuel I'd take KT in most of all other scenarios.
1 Oct 2014, 08:19 AM

I really wanted to post this: :rofl:.

But I want to be polite and explain to you: no, OKW truck is not able to kill those planes. Not even one time from 10. They are flying all around the map hitting every single vehicle with their rockets. This doctrine is one of my favourites since I discovered their power. They are killing OKW sdkfz AA in a second and don't give a shit about OKW T4.

From OKW side: My Jagdtiger was left with 30% health after one raid.
From USF side: I killed 1 AA sdkfz and one OKW Panther in one raid. OKW Panther had indeed like 90% of its health.

P-47 raid: verry effective and a good doctrine ability. USF should have at least 2 doctrines with this off-map, considering their air superiority at that moment.

Maybe it was truck, maybe something else. However, OKW can bring those planes down very quickly.
And how about choosing one doctirne with P-47 to counter Jadgtiger when compare this situation to doctrinal smoke vs doctrinal Guards? Same thing.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS