Login

russian armor

Veterancy for units performing non-combat actions

6 Sep 2014, 08:59 AM

It's also less forgiving and allows players to make comaback easier if they can't keep their vetted troops alive.

That is exactly the point why it is like this.
7 Sep 2014, 03:05 AM

I'm not certain if vet for repairs would work well if only because it would allow a player to farm vet for units that can repair. This isn't really an issue with engies, pios, or RE but sturmpios can repair as can conscripts with specific doctrines. I don't think anyone wants to see players intentionally damaging their base buildings to help boost their con's vet early on.

I am all for mines and demos providing vet to the squad that built them though. It worked in vCoH and there is no reason it can't work in CoH2.
7 Sep 2014, 03:45 AM

I'm not certain if vet for repairs would work well if only because it would allow a player to farm vet for units that can repair. This isn't really an issue with engies, pios, or RE but sturmpios can repair as can conscripts with specific doctrines. I don't think anyone wants to see players intentionally damaging their base buildings to help boost their con's vet early on.

It's pretty clear we're only talking about Engineers and Pioneers, which are much harder to vet up than Sturmpioneers or Assault Engineers.
7 Sep 2014, 03:50 AM

It's pretty clear we're only talking about Engineers and Pioneers, which are much harder to vet up than Sturmpioneers or Assault Engineers.

I suppose I see the two as linked as it would be somewhat confusing if certain units got vet from repairs but others didn't.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★