Login

russian armor

New Soviet Commander: Tank Hunter Tactics

21 Aug 2014, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 18:01 PMRomeo

It's 743x949 for me.

It is small for me in both Windows Chrome and Mac OSX Safari, something wrong with that?

And what is that red Banned from the guy above?
21 Aug 2014, 19:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 15:52 PMKatitof
Its a conscript based commander with no ppsh, no guards, no shocks.

As much as I'd like to have it, its only value is collectors value, because most ineffective infantry squad coupled with most ineffective AT weapon simply can not work.

Geez it sure would be a shame if a 240mp unit didn't have the capability to beat vanilla grens, sturmpioneers, and volks when properly microed. Oh wait...they can.
21 Aug 2014, 19:51 PM

Had a teammate who used it.

Grenades are slow, and not terribly effective. You won't hit anything faster than a Tiger, and then the 'nades probably won't penetrate.

The mines seem redundant, since Soviets already have a cheap and effective mine.

Conscript PTRS at 3 CPs? This weapon already sucks at 2 CP on the thougher Guards for free, now you want to make your only infantry even less powerful by paying ammo for it, in order to get a rifle that can't hurt anything bigger than a halftrack? Sure, that totally justifies getting the doctrine.

Salvage kit he didn't even use. Not really an exciting ability.¸

The bombing run is apparently fairly cheap, but the bombs aren't very powerful. From what I saw a few hits brought a P4 to half health.

It seems this commander is pretty much only there for flavor, or if you won the early game so hard you want to troll your opponent.

What is the cost of the at grenade, and how much damage does it cause?
What is the cost of the mines and what kind of damage do they cause to vehicles?
What is the cost of the ptrs upgrade?

For anyone that like to play with 5 cons those abilities can be perfect because he can throw the main at grande and then follow it with the smaller slower grenades. 5 cons equipped with 1 ptrs each can wreck serious havoc on any puma/ht/sc/p2. And the mines are awesome if they are set off by vehicles only especially that they can be laid by cons.
21 Aug 2014, 20:02 PM

I don't understand why people trash on this commander so much.

2X ptrs for 30 munitions on cons is a decent deal. It's alot better than the bazooka that costs 60 munitions.
And in big groups say 2-3 PTRS cons, they can do damage to even big armor.

The at nades aren't homing? Well, an at nade + at nade assault combo is enough to kill of any light vehicle, including i believe the puma.

The light at mines + PTAB have good synergy.

Stunned with light at mine + PTAB = dead tank.
21 Aug 2014, 20:12 PM

wow so you get 2 ptrs for 30 ammo only! that means u can get 7 cons plus maybe a sniper and just unleash them with no consequences to you!
21 Aug 2014, 20:13 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 20:02 PMBurts
I don't understand why people trash on this commander so much.

Not enough people have access to it for a broader opinion. Based purely on how it *looks*, it seems bad because it doesn't have any call in units which soviet strategies tend to rely on.
21 Aug 2014, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 20:12 PMAbdul
wow so you get 2 ptrs for 30 ammo only! that means u can get 7 cons plus maybe a sniper and just unleash them with no consequences to you!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/0/35220315617359637/ here are some screenshots of that commander

and here is a replay http://www.coh2.org/replay/21993/soviet-tank-hunter-tactics-demonstration (altho only vs AI)
21 Aug 2014, 20:24 PM

Currently, any doctrine relying in conscripts is a failed doctrine.

Whitout guards/shocks, mark vehicle or heavy tanks I don't know how you could win a single game. You could rape that commander just spamming sturmpios.

21 Aug 2014, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 20:24 PMGreeb
Currently, any doctrine relying in conscripts is a failed doctrine.

Whitout guards/shocks, mark vehicle or heavy tanks I don't know how you could win a single game. You could rape that commander just spamming sturmpios.

maxims,snipers, M3. And conscript spam is decent if you manage to snowball in the early game.
21 Aug 2014, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 20:16 PMBurts

http://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/0/35220315617359637/ here are some screenshots of that commander

and here is a replay http://www.coh2.org/replay/21993/soviet-tank-hunter-tactics-demonstration (altho only vs AI)

thanks allot, I will watch the replay, but judging by the pictures the at grenade cost 25 and can be used along with the normal one. Ptrs cost 30ammo for 2. The mines only cost 5, so they are probably like the USF armor doctrine mines.
21 Aug 2014, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 15:33 PMAbdul
This is the second time I see this commander, first time as a drop and the second time now in the load out of one of my random 3v3 mates. I asked the guy what he thought about it, but he didn't say much. I think this commander can wreck any okw player that goes early ht/puma/p2. I am not sure I like that. Plus with so many commanders it just seems you dont have enough slots for all of those commanders anymore.

1. Thanx - Because of people like u who are like a Scorpion-Alarm-System such Commanders will be overnerfed.

2. This Commander has no Tanks. U want to fight with T34/76 and Su85? LEL!
21 Aug 2014, 20:51 PM

Considering conspam is still a viable and efficient strategy, at least in 1v1 as far as I know, 7-8 con squads with 2x PTRS is no joke. PTRS en masse is actually a threat against any axis vehicles/tanks besides heavies, although I'm not too sure about panthers.

There's also the novelty factor of PTRS having a small chance to hit a model and take off a huge chunk of health.
21 Aug 2014, 21:05 PM

Considering conspam is still a viable and efficient strategy, at least in 1v1 as far as I know, 7-8 con squads with 2x PTRS is no joke. PTRS en masse is actually a threat against any axis vehicles/tanks besides heavies, although I'm not too sure about panthers.

There's also the novelty factor of PTRS having a small chance to hit a model and take off a huge chunk of health.

You will fight mostly tigers, from upfront in the current meta.

Tiger takes 27 penetrating PTRS shots.
PTRS will penetrate it about 28-30% of the time.

That is a LOT of shots, even if you've got a lot of guns it'll still wreck you.
LMG grens will wreck you.

Any OKW infantry will wreck you, that includes volks that sacrifice just 1 rifle for their own AT and scale incomparably better.
21 Aug 2014, 21:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

reminds me of going tank destroyer as PE and spamming 16 shrecks, gibbing riflemen left and right.
21 Aug 2014, 21:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 21:05 PMKatitof

You will fight mostly tigers, from upfront in the current meta.

Tiger takes 27 penetrating PTRS shots.
PTRS will penetrate it about 28-30% of the time.

That is a LOT of shots, even if you've got a lot of guns it'll still wreck you.
LMG grens will wreck you.

Any OKW infantry will wreck you, that includes volks that sacrifice just 1 rifle for their own AT and scale incomparably better.

All valid points, although the idea behind spamming 7-8+ cons is to have a tonne of map control in the early-mid game so that tigers and late game scaling of vetted OKW units become non-issues due to rushing out T34s asap and just finish the game asap.
21 Aug 2014, 22:48 PM

All valid points, although the idea behind spamming 7-8+ cons is to have a tonne of map control in the early-mid game so that tigers and late game scaling of vetted OKW units become non-issues due to rushing out T34s asap and just finish the game asap.

MG spam = Counter
+ Sniper = Counter
+ Fast early vehicles to supress
22 Aug 2014, 01:52 AM

Is this the only "new" commander available as a war spoil?
22 Aug 2014, 09:13 AM
Patrion 14

looking at the screenshots, it seems salvage kit cost 100mu and restrict you from getting any other upgrades for CE. may be a bit too expensive and restrictive?

we might never know anyway... so few ppl have them
22 Aug 2014, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 09:13 AMpigsoup
looking at the screenshots, it seems salvage kit cost 100mu and restrict you from getting any other upgrades for CE. may be a bit too expensive and restrictive?

we might never know anyway... so few ppl have them

That's what I was thinking, it's just that I am not able to confirm this because the attached replay is the previous patch. Now if I could only figure out how to get that celo program to play the replay, that would be great.
22 Aug 2014, 09:41 AM

Beautiful! I got that replay patch version converted to the current one. Now I will make a video of the abilities being used and post it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★