Login

russian armor

What should Relic do to increase allies-players?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (13)down
18 Aug 2014, 17:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 17:36 PMNinjaWJ

I agree. It seems like base Axis (don't play them so it is an assumption) are decent enough so a nice doctrine can help it shine. However Soviet base units just suck ass generally so it becomes a no brainer to get a commander that will give u a heavy tank and guards/shocks
maybe you should play them before commenting on their balance please?
18 Aug 2014, 17:39 PM

It seems to me people play Axis because Axis have the best vehicles of the game, and they also are the best at playing defensive. They have super weapons such as Pak43, KT, Tiger, Jadgtiger, Elefant, and Falls and Sturms. They also need more strategy than spamming conscripts or rifles like the Allies. It's just more fun to play as an "elite" faction.
18 Aug 2014, 17:44 PM

pIV and stugs may be amazing against sov tech vehicles, but, what about call-ins? they get destroyed. and who builds sov tech? no one. so p4 and stug are quite uesless atm.

While in a straight up 1vs1 PIVs indeed don't have a chance (atleast before vet2 at which point PIV > T34/85), PIVs still are a far more credible threat to EZ8s and soviet call-ins than soviet tech vehicles are to german heavy armor. StuGs are absolutely great against all except the ISU as well. And you still have your far superior non-fuel non-doctrinal AT to fall back on as germans.
18 Aug 2014, 17:45 PM

It seems to me people play Axis because Axis have the best vehicles of the game, and they also are the best at playing defensive. They have super weapons such as Pak43, KT, Tiger, Jadgtiger, Elefant, and Falls and Sturms. They also need more strategy than spamming conscripts or rifles like the Allies. It's just more fun to play as an "elite" faction.

explain to me how pak43 is superior to anything? elephant is the biggest(literally) joke of the game, it is shit atm.
18 Aug 2014, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 17:44 PMCruzz

While in a straight up 1vs1 PIVs indeed don't have a chance (atleast before vet2 at which point PIV > T34/85), PIVs still are a far more credible threat to EZ8s and soviet call-ins than soviet tech vehicles are to german heavy armor. StuGs are absolutely great against all except the ISU as well. And you still have your far superior non-fuel non-doctrinal AT to fall back on as germans.

except you are comparing p4 to mediums while comparing sov to heavy. ram, at nades, and button are so underrated by sov "players."
18 Aug 2014, 17:49 PM
Patrion 15

this poll gives some hint why there are more people playing as axis:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/20528/big-poll

one thing people should keep in mind:

the numbers shown while searching for a game make the problem of people prefering axis seem much larger than it actually is:

an example: lets say 100 players want to play as axis, 110 players want to play the allies. a game lasts 30 minutes, waiting for a game takes 3 minutes.

that means that of the 210 total players only 1/11 (19%) are currently looking for a game.

since ingame the number of axis and allies are always equal, that means of the about 20 people currently looking for a new game there would be 15 (75%) searching as axis and only 5 (25%) searching as allies

18 Aug 2014, 17:55 PM

Soviets: You can only build half the units in your army at best, which except 2 (maxim & sniper) all of them are shit compared with axis counterparts. Stupid vet bonuses that doesn't help at all. No infantry play at all except shocks.

USF: All starts involve spamming rifles. Stressful gameplay by knowing that you must win the game in 20 minutes or your lack of heavy tanks and proper AT units will make the lategame a impossible battle to win.

Ostheer: Fun and several strategies to choose from the beginning. Non-doctrinal units are powerful. Although T4 units are good, they don't be used much because doctrinal ones are better.

OKW: Fun gameplay that involves gambling and taking risks placing your trucks. Best non-doctrinal units in the game. Crazy vet bonuses that reward good micro. Sadly, encourages blobbing infantry.

And still people wonders why nobody wants to play allies?? :mellow:

except you are comparing p4 to mediums while comparing sov to heavy. ram, at nades, and button are so underrated by sov "players."

Ram has been nerfed to oblivion. ATnades are shit as they only reliably penetrate light vehicles and currently conscripts doesn't get alive to the middlegame.
And button is great, but too ammo expensive, and guards are at the same time a bad AI&AT unit if compared to the units they have to face mid at late game (Gren+LMG, Falls, Obers,etc).
Actually, you only make guards for button to protect your snipers.

Seriously, I prefer having Smoke in my tanks that all three units together.
18 Aug 2014, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 17:55 PMGreeb
Soviets: You can only build half the units in your army at best, which except 2 (maxim & sniper) all of them are shit compared with axis counterparts. Stupid vet bonuses that doesn't help at all. No infantry play at all except shocks.

USF: All starts involve spamming rifles. Stressful gameplay by knowing that you must win the game in 20 minutes or your lack of heavy tanks and proper AT units will make the lategame a impossible battle to win.

Ostheer: Fun and several strategies to choose from the beginning. Non-doctrinal units are powerful. Although T4 units are good, they don't be used much because doctrinal ones are better.

OKW: Fun gameplay that involves gambling and taking risks placing your trucks. Best non-doctrinal units in the game. Crazy vet bonuses that reward good micro. Sadly, encourages blobbing infantry.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
18 Aug 2014, 18:00 PM

i dont get it. youve played a total of 7 games NOT as soviets. how would you know how fun okw and ostheer are?

by the way, i really like how you consider placing okw trucks to be fun.
18 Aug 2014, 18:01 PM

complete bs
soviets have shocks, which are the best anti infantry infantry in the game. dont even try to say obers are, they do not have the durability that shocks have. t34/85, is2 are awesome. with isu retarded monkeys could win.
USF win in 4 minutes with rifle spam no stress at all. spam e8's and jacksons no stress. crazy good double lmg rifle squads followed by jasksons.
ostheer restricted to grens stug tiger. so much fun its unreal.
okw-espensive as fuck everything but shreck volks. no resource. no fun. up against maxims? absolutely no fun.
18 Aug 2014, 18:03 PM

Although T4 units are good, they don't be used much because doctrinal ones are better.

The T4 units are kindof good except Brummbaer which is worse than a couple of stugs, maybe even worse than 1 stug. I mean panther is Ok if you get one out, but if you do you've lost already because Sovs can have 4 T34/85s on the field by then. It is true though, that against non doctrinal tanks, only really Jackson can beat it with spotters, but this is not a situation we will find ourselves in (i.e. non doctrinal only units).
18 Aug 2014, 18:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

^^Baaam. Logic argument appears. Forum is inmune to it´s effects. Edit: the post regarding numbers.

OP: balance allies armies so they don´t rely on gimmick strats. OH i forgot that´s the army design.

PD: if only we had a random army search button.

18 Aug 2014, 18:07 PM

^^Baaam. Logic argument appears. Forum is inmune to it´s effects. Edit: the post regarding numbers.

it will be ignored entirely. just watch.
18 Aug 2014, 18:08 PM

Ram does not exist in any useful form anymore. Stop beating that dead horse. ATnades are a hell of a lot worse than fausts, and require you to have shitty infantry with little utility outside of making reinforcing guards cheaper through merge, as well as spending valuable fuel and manpower on the upgrade as well. Button is ok but has literally a hundred ways of being instacancelled and is a huge munition sink and is only available for 2 of the actually useful commanders in the game.

If you prefer I can say I think two PIVs have far more value than a single IS2. The point rather was that while you may (wrongly) think Ostheer tech vehicles have issues against soviet call-ins, the soviet tech vehicles do even worse against Tiger callins.
18 Aug 2014, 18:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 18:08 PMCruzz

Ram does not exist in any useful form anymore. Stop beating that dead horse. ATnades are a hell of a lot worse than fausts, and require you to have shitty infantry with little utility outside of making reinforcing guards cheaper through merge, as well as spending valuable fuel and manpower on the upgrade as well. Button is ok but has literally a hundred ways of being instacancelled and is a huge munition sink and is only available for 2 of the actually useful commanders in the game.

If you prefer I can say I think two PIVs have far more value than a single IS2. The point rather was that while you may (wrongly) think Ostheer tech vehicles have issues against soviet call-ins, the soviet tech vehicles do even worse against Tiger callins.

ram still works. how would you know if you used it once or twice in different games? atnades are not as good as faust, i agree, but, cons are good at reinforcing every support unit, another underrated ability by sov "players." hundred ways of canceling button? ok then...
if you prefer 2 PIVS over is2 that is your choice. but i think you are full of crap there. is2 is far superior in my opinion/experience. i would take 1 tiger over 2 p4's.
18 Aug 2014, 18:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

this poll gives some hint why there are more people playing as axis:
http://www.coh2.org/topic/20528/big-poll

one thing people should keep in mind:

the numbers shown while searching for a game make the problem of people prefering axis seem much larger than it actually is:

an example: lets say 100 players want to play as axis, 110 players want to play the allies. a game lasts 30 minutes, waiting for a game takes 3 minutes.

that means that of the 210 total players only 1/11 (19%) are currently looking for a game.

since ingame the number of axis and allies are always equal, that means of the about 20 people currently looking for a new game there would be 15 (75%) searching as axis and only 5 (25%) searching as allies

qft
18 Aug 2014, 18:22 PM

OP: balance allies armies so they don´t rely on gimmick strats. OH i forgot that´s the army design.

PD: if only we had a random army search button.

+1
18 Aug 2014, 18:33 PM

ram still works. how would you know if you used it once or twice in different games? atnades are not as good as faust, i agree, but, cons are good at reinforcing every support unit, another underrated ability by sov "players." hundred ways of canceling button? ok then...
if you prefer 2 PIVS over is2 that is your choice. but i think you are full of crap there. is2 is far superior in my opinion/experience. i would take 1 tiger over 2 p4's.

You pay more for conscript reinforce than you normally pay for support weapon members, it's only for panic situations which you might not be in if you had something more useful than conscripts on the field.

If you seriously think a 160 penetration (same as faust) engine damage crit is useful for 310mp/100fuel, I have no words. The chance of a weapon crit AFTER PASSING THE PENETRATION CHECK is 5%.
18 Aug 2014, 18:37 PM

ram still works. how would you know if you used it once or twice in different games?

Perhaps you should update your game as you seem to be stuck in a client few months old.

Current ram if it penetrates does engine damage 95% of the time.
If you believe 300mp/100fu AT nade is 'working' or 'dangerous' in any way, you must play in a extremely low level of skill(which actually is supported by your playercard).

atnades are not as good as faust, i agree, but, cons are good at reinforcing every support unit, another underrated ability by sov "players."

I'd rather have infantry that can fight then infantry that is a limited 251 halftruck on foot that needs to go back to base after 2 entities get reinforced for 33% increased cost in case of weapon teams and small discount in case of guards.

I'm quite sure thou that you enjoy conscript complete inability to fight any infantry past 5 minute of the game.
18 Aug 2014, 18:38 PM

Ram has been nerfed to oblivion. ATnades are shit as they only reliably penetrate light vehicles and currently conscripts doesn't get alive to the middlegame.
And button is great, but too ammo expensive, and guards are at the same time a bad AI&AT unit if compared to the units they have to face mid at late game (Gren+LMG, Falls, Obers,etc).
Actually, you only make guards for button to protect your snipers.

Seriously, I prefer having Smoke in my tanks that all three units together.

Agree
PAGES (13)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak