Login

russian armor

How long we have to face ISU witch one shoot everyhting?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
16 Aug 2014, 18:09 PM

Do we have to wait another year until somebody at Relic realize that ISU is still too strong? Since axis usually have 4-5 man squads ISU will oneshoot them pretty often. I know there was attempt to fix this but it still happens pretty often.
16 Aug 2014, 18:30 PM

Until you will learn to counter it.
16 Aug 2014, 18:32 PM

Its fine as it is.
16 Aug 2014, 18:33 PM

How long I have to face Jagdtiger which roflpwn my ISU? Omfg it kill broken unit spr fast it am be SUPER BROKENED

Seriously though it's fine.
16 Aug 2014, 19:03 PM

Permanently Banned
Will probably get fixed (finally) next patch.

This is the only unit where i wouldnt mind a serious overnerf, it was OP for so long, ive seen it in pretty much every match since it was made OP, i dont think i need to see/use it for the next year anymore.
16 Aug 2014, 19:06 PM

ISU witch :megusta:
16 Aug 2014, 19:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2014, 19:03 PMI<444>3CoH

And then the next patch.
-
And then the next patch.
--
And then the next patch.
---
16 Aug 2014, 19:19 PM

If you going to nerf the ISU, maybe take it out of the game.
Nerf the heaviest tank of the soviets and you might as well just take it out the game.

There are 1000 counters against it, please #adapt.
16 Aug 2014, 19:20 PM

Katitof - It counters all its counters except Jagd. Jagd is the only reliable counter. EVen with a Jagd you need spotters and it can one-shot spotters. Feel free to post a replay of you countring an ISU in a close game to show your words aren't empty.

Kreatiir - It one-shots vetted inf. Having vetted inf is a fun-point of CoH/CoH2.

If they changed the Sturmtiger to 1-second aim time, 10 second reload, would you say it's fine? It'd be more or less the same as an ISU. I'd argue AGAINST that just as I argue against the ISU-152.

"There are 1000 counters against it, please #adapt."
PLEASE LIST YOUR 1000 COUNTERS. OR ANY YOU CAN THINK OF. INCLUDE A REPLAY OF YOURSELF DOING IT.

Soviets need something to reliably fight Axis armour.

What they don't need (and what no army really needs) is a long-range, heavily-armoured, 1-shot-1-squad-deleting tank with a stun attack that freezes vehicles long enough to kill them.

I was against Tiger Ace, I was against Flamer HT and I'm against this. I'd accept a big Jagd/KT nerf too if they could just fix the ISU.

Or let's just buff the ele and Jagd to one-shot soviet inf then pose the question to the soviet ISU-lovers "IS THIS FUN?"
16 Aug 2014, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2014, 18:09 PMMettiu
Do we have to wait another year until somebody at Relic realize that ISU is still too strong? Since axis usually have 4-5 man squads ISU will oneshoot them pretty often. I know there was attempt to fix this but it still happens pretty often.

This situation you describe,to what game format does it apply ? 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4 Which one ?

The tiger do the same thing: Kill inf. squad or at_gun in one shot.

Thank you.
16 Aug 2014, 19:30 PM

Permanently Banned
If you going to nerf the ISU, maybe take it out of the game.
Nerf the heaviest tank of the soviets and you might as well just take it out the game.

Thats an odd logic. Its currently too strong, nerf it to a degree where it is useful but not the lol-unit it currently is.

There are 1000 counters against it, please #adapt.

Elefant + Jagdtiger = 1000

Or do you mean flanks? Flanks work in theory, but even less skilled players will support their ISU.
Take out the support first? The ISU will take out the units which you got to take out the support first.

Reduce the price and then reduce the effectiveness vs infantry significantly, i dont care but in a game where unit preservation and veterancy is that important a unit that oneshots all infantry and support weapons that often has no place...and then its even amazing vs tanks.
16 Aug 2014, 19:47 PM

The ISU152 does not 1-shot everything. I think you have it confused with the Sturmtiger.
16 Aug 2014, 19:57 PM

Katitof - It counters all its counters except Jagd. Jagd is the only reliable counter if a-move is the only maneuver you know. EVen with a Jagd you need spotters and it can one-shot spotters. Feel free to post a replay of you countring an ISU in a close game to show your words aren't empty.

Fixed for you.

Yes, fighting ISU is annoying, no, its not OP, I've fought quite a few as both okw and wehr, no, they are not as dangerous as you try to make them seen if you were not roflstomped in early game.

2 Pumas or panzers with infantry push and they are scrap metal. Hell, a pair of normal PaK40 can scare them away.

L2P. Seriously, its nothing more.
16 Aug 2014, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2014, 19:57 PMKatitof

Yes, fighting ISU is annoying, no, its not OP, I've fought quite a few as both okw and wehr, no, they are not as dangerous as you try to make them seen if you were not roflstomped in early game.

2 Pumas or panzers with infantry push and they are scrap metal. Hell, a pair of normal PaK40 can scare them away.

L2P. Seriously, its nothing more.

This funny thing about this comment is that you can counter the jadgtiger the same exact way. So what are we arguing about now? If you can flank an unsupported super tank it will die?
16 Aug 2014, 20:28 PM

The ISU152 does not 1-shot everything. I think you have it confused with the Sturmtiger.

it one shots infantry squads if it lands in the middle of the squad (which it often does), even if youre trying to spread them out using drag+right click

honestly i'd rather see all long range anti-infantry ordnance (mortars, isu, artillery) changed so that their AoE is large, but their damage decreased. a squad as a whole will take a lot of damage, but wont run the risk of being squad wiped. currently there is no 'counter' to a random shell landing on a squad and wiping it. its all RNG based. sure, you can argue 'well dont be in the firing range', but some artillery is long range enough that this is realistically impossible (120mm, isu, infantry support gun but i ahvent seen it wipe squads often).

with a damage decrease and an aoe increase, long range firepower would in essence 'soften up' enemy infantry, to make your own infantry have an easier time attacking.
16 Aug 2014, 21:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2014, 19:03 PMI<444>3CoH

This is the only unit where i wouldnt mind a serious overnerf, it was OP for so long, ive seen it in pretty much every match since it was made OP, i dont think i need to see/use it for the next year anymore.

I really hope so. It is very annoying to face it almost every match.
16 Aug 2014, 21:52 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2014, 21:42 PMMettiu

If you have nothing usefull to say just shut up.

I naturally regret that you are upset, but you have to accept that simply because you do not like the power of the ISU, is no reason to react in this fashion, to the simple observation that you must deal with it.. Because deal with it, Axis players must, unless and until another patch changes its powers. Put simplistically, there is the Elefant.....and then the longer question of why you allowed the ISU to be built in the first place....

It is high time, I think, to keep demanding replays from objectors to any unit from any faction, so that these discussions cease to take place in a vacuum of theory.

16 Aug 2014, 21:55 PM

It's an hideously expensive (290 fuel) assault gun that has pretty bad penetration for its price; it should be a danger to infantry. I still think the AoE on the thing is too big, but an overnerf is definitely uncalled for. 2 flanking tanks can take care of it, and you never have to worry about Button when up against it (unless in a team game, but that's cheese game mode for you) so you can afford to be aggressive; even if you lose 2 P4s destroying it, you still come out on top resource wise.

Other ideas; use the Stuka as OKW, it deals a good amount of damage to it and the ISU is extremely slow so it cant dodge. If you can, use Truesight (or a halftrack) to sneak infantry by it, even 2 shreck squads kill it pretty fast and it can't run away, especially on urban maps. PaK 43 counters it, PaK 40s can scare it away somewhat. If you damage its engine, you've pretty much won since it's an absolute sitting duck. If you can, use a scout plane to reveal its position and plan a flanking attack; if you can get up close, it's scrap metal thanks to its horrible pathing and mobility. Elefant and Jadgtiger can also fight it toe to toe, and a friend of mine had some success with double Jagdpanzer 4s.

It's a pain to fight, sure. But so is the KT, which squadwipes just as much in my experience, yet I don't think they are too overpowered. The ISU can come too early, but that's a general call-in problem not unique to it.
16 Aug 2014, 22:00 PM

u can counter it with 1 puma u dont even need 2. 1 p4 1 panther u can use smokes from mortor to help u rush in. u can use 2 jpanthers a kingtiger. i sometimes flank with volks rpg spam and a puma most of time just dont blob and keep moving. try to stay in atleast yellow cover cuz it help a ton. no cover or red is almost a squad wipe every rip. when i play i always retreat my troops if i feel like they to grouped and gna get one shooted i hardly ever have a hard time taking on the isu. there is more counters besides these but they are mainly combined arms counters tho
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS