Login

russian armor

Why is a new campaign bad?

14 Aug 2014, 02:04 AM

I for 1, am quite interested in this as well, the vetted troops carrying over could make the game too easy, unless it get a lot harder as the game goes on.
I can say that I have been lucky and have not gotten any bug splats or any errors from V coh2 or WFA, optimization would be nice. but its not the end of the world. I'm glad that they can keep creating campaigns and coming out with new stuff, it only means the player base will grow and that the game will be supported.
war spoils are free stuff. guys... anyone who is still complaining about it, stop, please, for everyone. Sure duplicates suck but they will be fixed. ( they said so themselves ) so anyone who is still complaining about free stuff, save everyone's time and stop complaining =D
14 Aug 2014, 02:17 AM

I think its boring and dumping lots of time and money into something most of us aren't interested in. think of all that time spent on balance or new commanders, if relic plans to do an announcement on MP they should have done it first because now we are all let down and its only going to look like they are making up for it friday. fuck some bug fixes and optimization would be nice.

Maybe it's boring to you, but apparently more than half of the people who originally bought vCOH expansions did it for the single player campaigns. Just think of all copies of COH2 sold versus how big the coh2.org community is. Just because a few hundred people are complaining on these forums doesn't mean the other thousands of COH2 owners don't love campaigns. Relic would not have done it if it wasn't going to be profitable for them, which means they'll have even more money to focus on MP for all of the people who love that here.
14 Aug 2014, 03:27 AM

Maybe it's boring to you, but apparently more than half of the people who originally bought vCOH expansions did it for the single player campaigns. Just think of all copies of COH2 sold versus how big the coh2.org community is. Just because a few hundred people are complaining on these forums doesn't mean the other thousands of COH2 owners don't love campaigns. Relic would not have done it if it wasn't going to be profitable for them, which means they'll have even more money to focus on MP for all of the people who love that here.

RTS games live or die based on their online community. they you need to keep supporting the multiplayer aspect or the game will die. I'm not saying they aren't I just would have announced multiplayer first.
14 Aug 2014, 05:39 AM

It strikes me that whilst to me SP content gets a whole hearted "meh", the turn around time for new factions seems to be roughly a year. So I wouldn't expect new factions with this announcement.

It would be nice if they further improved multiplayer or gave some goodies to the original factions when they patch this in. It'd be nice to have some new hardware for Soviets and Ostheer as well as faction redesigns for both as well...
14 Aug 2014, 06:08 AM

I'm quite interested in how the new campaign turns out as well because of this, might have a go at it depending on the price. Singleplayer and skirmish vs AI isn't always challenging if you use everything at your disposal, but creating some sort of handicap (I find) can make it quite amusing ex. snipers and tellers only, player vs 2 expert AIs, only rear echelons allowed, that sort of thing.

o_O I will never even think about to fight 2 expert AIs each with 500 manpower income.
That's too insane for me.
14 Aug 2014, 06:13 AM

It strikes me that whilst to me SP content gets a whole hearted "meh", the turn around time for new factions seems to be roughly a year. So I wouldn't expect new factions with this announcement.

It would be nice if they further improved multiplayer or gave some goodies to the original factions when they patch this in. It'd be nice to have some new hardware for Soviets and Ostheer as well as faction redesigns for both as well...

yea don't get me wrong I dont expect new factions, we might never get 2 new factions and I'm totally okay with that. I want some werh love myself the army feels neglected and could use a little work right now.
14 Aug 2014, 06:34 AM

^^

Read the second part of my post. :)
14 Aug 2014, 07:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2014, 06:08 AMVegatry

o_O I will never even think about to fight 2 expert AIs each with 500 manpower income.
That's too insane for me.

there's no semblance of tactics used at all by the computer- rifles charge point blank into sturmpios, tanks rush headlong into AT guns- so it's just a matter of weathering the storm, though you should expect to be fighting from your base sector for most of the match until you can get heavy tanks out as the germans or capture abandoned heavies as the allies.
14 Aug 2014, 09:05 AM

Sure the AI does retarded things, but it's still fun to play with to me. I'm certainly going to play the campaign when it comes out, it looks very promising.
14 Aug 2014, 23:00 PM

Sure the AI does retarded things, but it's still fun to play with to me. I'm certainly going to play the campaign when it comes out, it looks very promising.

It will be better for SP campaign since it's hard coded and some how less 'dynamic'(Such as planned reaction to player's choices), I look forward for some interesting gameplay.
14 Aug 2014, 23:45 PM

I find the SP part of the game enjoyable, as long as it's coop. Straight up SP is boring because the AI isn't interesting.

People here are complaining because they mostly only care about competitive MP. I and others welcome it because we like the game but have issues with competitive MP modes enough that we want alternatives.

Reasons why it's nice sometimes to play coop:

1. You can use extinct units if you want.
2. No random 12 year old assholes.
3. You don't have devote many, many hours into it on a regular basis to have a chance.
4. Gonzo style "arena" game play where you run around playing whack-a-capturepoint is cool and everything, but sometimes it's nice to play a mode with objectives and setup scenarios, if for nothing other than variation.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★