Login

russian armor

Why is a new campaign bad?

13 Aug 2014, 20:24 PM

Yeah, I was expecting singleplayer content too, and even though I wont buy it, and havent played the old Singleplayer at all,
it sounds like a quite good Singleplayer.

+ i like the businessmodel, so that we could get the multiplayer stuff for a fair price without Singleplayer.

And it is only logical that Relic wants to appeal to a new market and not the existing players if they get 15 minutes gamescom coverage from Twitch with 8000 viewers.
Hux
13 Aug 2014, 20:25 PM
Patrion 14

Persistant MP war based on win/loss ratio's would be nice. Kinda like what Europe In Ruins aimed for but one that reset after long periods of time with new territories (and therefore maps) being gradually introduced and playable.

I hope that's it.

Fuck war spoils, we did alright before we knew about it so who gives a shit??
13 Aug 2014, 20:29 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I get that, but the thing I'm talking about is people thinking this will stop or delay relic from finding a solution to War Spoils or fixing balance issues, which it won't. I don't mind if someone doesn't like singleplayer.

And also something that is most likely multiplayer related will be announced Friday, I just don't really see what some people here are upset about.

EDIT:

Or were you agreeing with me

I'm not sure lol

With you! Sorry if I was appearing obtuse. B-) You have control. ;)
13 Aug 2014, 20:48 PM

With you! Sorry if I was appearing obtuse. B-) You have control. ;)

No problem, my fault. Sometimes I read things wrong initially, heh.
13 Aug 2014, 20:56 PM

Single player content...

Care Factor = ZERO

I haven't even played the initial single player - let alone the rest of the TOW crap.

For me - COH was all about the multiplayer.

BUT - that said - MP is a very small chunk of the Relic community - they know what side their bread is buttered.

The real problem for me is the current blob-tastic game design that hasn't been fixed yet - so I haven't played a game for a few weeks now.
13 Aug 2014, 21:03 PM

You may have been looking at the Facebook comments on Relic's page instead of here on this forum, I'm guessing. In which case, you'll have bore witness to the whiniest bunch of entitled crybabies on Earth.
13 Aug 2014, 21:09 PM

The Twitch chat was pretty terrible, and I've seen a few of them here too. And yea, it kinda got on my nerves and thus I created this thread, heh. A lot of people here forget that this was not the only announcement they were doing, Friday will have an announcement as well (which I think is likely to be multiplayer related). There's no reason to be disappointed or upset. And also that this would somehow halt all the balance fixes and/or War Spoils improvements being done.
13 Aug 2014, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 21:03 PMKothre
In which case, you'll have bore witness to the whiniest bunch of entitled crybabies on Earth.

i see you have met you coh community
13 Aug 2014, 21:12 PM

To be honest, if i want singleplayer tactical RTS, i will just play close combat.

13 Aug 2014, 21:14 PM

From what I can tell, this new campaign will have some cool stuff though, including the unit Vet preservation from the vCoH campaign.
13 Aug 2014, 21:22 PM

Its still "Meh" to me.

Interesting to see the path that the Opposing Forces team are trying here given that nobody really liked their original direction for COH2.

Still - if WF is the best "vCOH" imitation they can muster to get the vCOH base back....I don't think they're having much success.
13 Aug 2014, 21:25 PM

From what I can tell, this new campaign will have some cool stuff though, including the unit Vet preservation from the vCoH campaign.

make up your mind! first you post it. then remove it. then repost it! dont think i didnt see that.

but really it does sound more interesting to me than the original campaign. sounds a bit more like the sc2 campaigns honestly. choices matter, persistent vet, etc. well just have to see how much theyre asking for it...
13 Aug 2014, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 21:25 PMwooof

make up your mind! first you post it. then remove it. then repost it! dont think i didnt see that.

but really it does sound more interesting to me than the original campaign. sounds a bit more like the sc2 campaigns honestly. choices matter, persistent vet, etc. well just have to see how much theyre asking for it...

Haha, yea sorry. I do that a lot. I did not think you didn't see that, I figured you guys have some kind of thing to see edits anyway.
13 Aug 2014, 22:00 PM

Steps to Internet success:

1. Make forum thread with irrelevant question as title.

2. Make blanket statements that actually pertain to just about nobody here.

3. Make statements that violate concepts of "Thermoeconomics"

4. Confuse the mods a bit.

5. Sprinkle the exact same point (on which nobody is disagreeing) no less than 6 times throughout thread.

6. Profit.
13 Aug 2014, 22:02 PM

People complain about everything.
Give them $10 for playing the game they will still say it sucks.

So true.
13 Aug 2014, 22:03 PM

Haha, yea sorry. I do that a lot. I did not think you didn't see that, I figured you guys have some kind of thing to see edits anyway.

haha im joking. relax
13 Aug 2014, 22:30 PM

Steps to Internet success:

1. Make forum thread with irrelevant question as title.

2. Make blanket statements that actually pertain to just about nobody here.

3. Make statements that violate concepts of "Thermoeconomics"

4. Confuse the mods a bit.

5. Sprinkle the exact same point (on which nobody is disagreeing) no less than 6 times throughout thread.

6. Profit.

Thank you.
14 Aug 2014, 00:49 AM

I think its boring and dumping lots of time and money into something most of us aren't interested in. think of all that time spent on balance or new commanders, if relic plans to do an announcement on MP they should have done it first because now we are all let down and its only going to look like they are making up for it friday. fuck some bug fixes and optimization would be nice.
14 Aug 2014, 01:42 AM

and you are exactly the person this thread was made for...
14 Aug 2014, 01:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I'm quite interested in how the new campaign turns out as well because of this, might have a go at it depending on the price. Singleplayer and skirmish vs AI isn't always challenging if you use everything at your disposal, but creating some sort of handicap (I find) can make it quite amusing ex. snipers and tellers only, player vs 2 expert AIs, only rear echelons allowed, that sort of thing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★