Login

russian armor

Schwerer Panzer HQ Firing outside of its range?

13 Aug 2014, 04:16 AM

Is the Schwerer Panzer HQ currently bugged at the moment? Watching a replay where I can clearly see the green circle that indicates its max range, I've lost units that have been outside of this green circle that have been critical to how a match has gone.

Is the green circle not a true indication of its max range?

As an example, here is the exact moment the schwerer fires its first shot and the stuart, prior to this moment, has not gone over the green line at all.

13 Aug 2014, 05:02 AM

Maybe they didn't adjust the green circle when they increased the range?
13 Aug 2014, 06:04 AM
Patrion 15

A friend of mine noticed this as well, I thought he was just QQing but this seems to make his claims more believable
13 Aug 2014, 06:09 AM

There were other more obvious incidents, where it was clearly out of range, this stuart is is rather cutting it close heh.
13 Aug 2014, 06:13 AM

Yeah I can confirm this as well. Noticed it multiple times from both OKW and USF point of view.
13 Aug 2014, 06:28 AM

Yeah ive seen this before, perhaps the line is just a rough indication of range? Shouldn't be though
13 Aug 2014, 06:47 AM

I did a quick & dirty test: A HMG34 has 45 range and the Panzer HQ has a range of 40. I set the HMG up next to the turret and checked at a spot roughly the same distance from both. Their range marks were pretty close to each other with the HMG being slightly longer, as expected. Unless the same applies for the HMG, the range markings seems to be correct.

However, I think this may be (like most other flak-related problems) be caused by other limitations and traits put upon them. Elevation actually matters for flak weapons (unlike for most other weapons). Not just because some of them can't aim "down" steep enough and will also hit every little bump on the ground.
But also because they have a much longer range against aircraft. I do not know how that range bonus is handled but I suspect it might be a possible cause.
13 Aug 2014, 07:04 AM

Maybe the unit radius from the unit's center point at least overlaps one point on the flak HQ's range, causing it to shoot although it visibly does not?

All HMGs can fire a little bit beyond the dotted range specified too.
13 Aug 2014, 09:20 AM

Its not just the okw truck im sure the pit with the .50 cal does this also
13 Aug 2014, 17:08 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2014, 09:20 AMNibbel
Its not just the okw truck im sure the pit with the .50 cal does this also

I've noticed this as well.
13 Aug 2014, 21:47 PM
Patrion 27

I have been coming up against this today and it is woefully overpowered. Being suppressed from such a distance is a morale breaker.
14 Aug 2014, 00:00 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

ive been dealing with this for a while now. i've trained myself to not even take chances on going anywhere near the damn thing anymore unless i can handle it quickly and efficiently ,since it shoots a mile past its "range".

14 Aug 2014, 02:39 AM

Does target size factor into this and other situations with MGs similar to this?
14 Aug 2014, 03:00 AM

Is the Schwerer Panzer HQ currently bugged at the moment? Watching a replay where I can clearly see the green circle that indicates its max range, I've lost units that have been outside of this green circle that have been critical to how a match has gone.

Is the green circle not a true indication of its max range?

As an example, here is the exact moment the schwerer fires its first shot and the stuart, prior to this moment, has not gone over the green line at all.

That game was against me!

I remember that shot, it was beautiful :D that poor Stuart nearly got away haha
14 Aug 2014, 03:12 AM

That game was against me!

I remember that shot, it was beautiful :D that poor Stuart nearly got away haha

Yes, I thought I had pulled off the biggest juke of all time, then this god damn bugged HQ got me :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
Russian Federation 19
United States 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak