Login

russian armor

m-42 mini at gun needs some love

9 Aug 2014, 09:35 AM

Okay, so this at gun, is REALLY underwhelming in my opinion.

I mean it's got low penetration, 100/80/60 for close, mid and long range respectively and very low damage (80).

I feel that it's a really bad at gun for 200mp, it has no outstanding capabilities, and both raketenwerfer and 57mm at gun costs just 70mp more, yet are so much more better.

I feel that buffing it's penetration to 120/100/80 and a damage buff to 120 or maybe 100 would be good. Or maybe justs one of these two, i don't know really.
Another option would be to give it some kind of stun ability, that temporarily stuns tanks.

I mean the m-42 wasn't really that bad of an AT gun, it was capable of 51mm of armor penetration at 1000m, so just enough to penetrate the panzer IV and panzer III.
9 Aug 2014, 09:49 AM

At this point even 160mp is no justification to ever get this gun.

Not only its ineffective against anything bigger them Kubel a pair of them is much more expensive then ZIS-3 while providing absolutely NOTHING for the price.

But it is not only M-42 problem.

All low cost units got shitty performance and are not suitable for the game we have now as they were all made for the game that doesn't exist for 6 months at least now and never really readjusted, in some cases even nerfed.

These units are:

M-42
Partisans(all AI variants)
Irregulars
Osttruppen
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %