Login

russian armor

The worst enemy in the game: Pathfinding

7 Aug 2014, 06:17 AM
Donator 33

Sometimes when the Su-85 finishes its 180, it realises it didn't need to do that, but because you gave it a reverse order it keeps going for the full 360 before backing off.
7 Aug 2014, 07:23 AM

I always love when my grenadiers decide to stop and take cover during retreat and then continue the ordered retreat 2 seconds later.
7 Aug 2014, 10:11 AM

please make capture points invisible so tanks can drive through them
7 Aug 2014, 15:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What about the MG positioning opposite to the direction you want ?
8 Aug 2014, 02:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2014, 10:11 AMakula
please make capture points invisible so tanks can drive through them

Now that is an interesting idea. When you think about the way capture points were designed it seems as though they are bit of a hold over from vCoH when squads had to physically touch the CP to cap it. The expanded capture radius of CPs in CoH2 means there is no need for the CP flag to physically exist in game. The CP flag could be made visible but intangible to improve vehicle pathing while producing no real detrimental effect on gameplay.
10 Aug 2014, 20:01 PM

I also frequently encounter infantry squads getting stuck at the medic van. There's no reason at all; it seems like if you retreat four squads or so, they get stuck IN EACH OTHER at the damn van. Also, tanks are always pushing the damn van out of their ridiculously pathed way, and the van of course first drives back before it drives forth, not only holding up the tank but also the possibility to reinforce squads. It's such a damn mess, it's frustrating. And does anyone else feel it has become much worse since the expansion?
3 Sep 2014, 23:07 PM

Bump for relevance. Puma just decided the order to move in a straight line away from a bazooka squad was an order to do some ballerina pivots, reverse its tasty rear armour toward them for a moment, THEN drive away. Goodbye, puma.

I've played about 40 pvp games so far, and most of them have had something ridiculous happen with a valuable unit at a terrible moment. Getting fucking sick of this...
4 Sep 2014, 00:13 AM

Yeah pathfinding is my biggest RAGE factor. Lost count of how many tanks I have lost due too spinning on the spot instead of reversing. Is it just me or is the two new faction the main offenders?
4 Sep 2014, 00:14 AM

also maybe a hold fire for all tanks if they are going to be this stupid and shoot at infantry when you are trying to line up a shot on a tank. the fucking kubel is the drunkest of them all. he is so drunk that the driving has made me not build him anymore.

This is how I feel when playing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sen8Tn8CBA4
4 Sep 2014, 00:45 AM

Truer words have never been said, when planning out an attack i am often as concerned with avoiding enemy fire as i am with avoiding my own tanks and obstacles :facepalm:
4 Sep 2014, 01:39 AM

I HATE when tanks bounce back when going full speed and hitting a puny rock. Its like watching a bumper car ram another bumper car, except the tank randomly reverses 30 meters and bumps off of nothing. I would have tanks running away from chasing tanks, and for some reason my tanks would stop at full speed and decelerate back into the enemy. It just looks so stupid. Tanks shouldnt need to get stuck on objects. They should CRUSH the obstacles, whatever they are. Bad pathing just makes all your micro worthless.
4 Sep 2014, 05:07 AM
Patrion 28

since WFA i've found i've had better luck just clicking a short distance behind the tank rather than using reverse (like in dow2). you have to keep doing it but you don't need to give facing and it's much more direct. it's not as fast as reverse but it actually works... most of the time...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 21
United Kingdom 160
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak