Login

russian armor

USF off map arty is useless against moving targets

6 Aug 2014, 13:02 PM

The god one is the USF have more off map arty than the soviets. But the big problem is what uses a 240 mm shell when she arrives after 15 seconds call in ? The same with the majors arty. More over the thunderbold isn´t effective in consideration to his costs ( The airborn doctrin is useless anyway). For e.g the germans have sector arty wich can be used in opponents sectors ? Or crazy arty wich gets faster when the enemy is in this territory and it has an crazy range ... I think the incomming time after call in should be reduced. Maybe the Us can get an Jagdtiger then...
6 Aug 2014, 13:21 PM

hint: all off map artty is useless against moving targets, because by definition arty is supposed to clear entrenched targets.
6 Aug 2014, 13:32 PM

The fastest arty you will find is in the recon support comander from the I&R pathfinders takes about 3nds to fall and its all pin point. But you need to have your units in range and its 140 munitionsand be at 6cp
Personaly my favorite arty us has second to the creeping barrage abiloty from the priest.

As katitof said all off map is useless there static or cripled(always that lucky one when there not looking ;-))
6 Aug 2014, 13:35 PM

hint: all off map artty is useless against moving targets, because by definition arty is supposed to clear entrenched targets.

thats bullshid in definitions ... wich static targes we have ?? An Okw truck and an mg bunker thats it . The sector arty ever finds a inf. target and if you dont leave the hughe sector of this "get faster arty" you´ll be stomped . I mean wy is the german incall not that long ?
6 Aug 2014, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2014, 13:35 PMChris

thats bullshid in definitions ... wich static targes we have ?? An Okw truck and an mg bunker thats it . The sector arty ever finds a inf. target and if you dont leave the hughe sector of this "get faster arty" you´ll be stomped . I mean wy is the german incall not that long ?

Setup teams, OKW trucks, infantry force behind cover/in garrisons, opponents camping cutoffs, infantry capping crucial points.

Just to name a few.

And different offmaps arrive in different time, USF for example have one of the slowest and one of the fastest.
6 Aug 2014, 14:00 PM
Senior Caster Badge

You can use artillery to force opponents to reposition their machineguns, AT guns, artillery, tanks, and infantry, even if it doesn't eventually hit the target.
6 Aug 2014, 14:19 PM

Some artillery is suitable for hitting crippled tanks but arty is not supposed to hit mobile forces like tanks and infantry unless the enemy is not paying attention. It's dodgable by design.
6 Aug 2014, 16:44 PM

I know how to use it I play since 7 years coh .You donßt pay 180 muni for an Mg42 o.34 . But in coh1 it was possible to kill inf. with an arty berst because there she needn´t 15 sec. to arrive so you can plan where your opponent will go
6 Aug 2014, 16:56 PM

Just use it on OKW trucks and gg?
6 Aug 2014, 17:29 PM

All artillery of the 4 factions are useless against moving targets
6 Aug 2014, 17:38 PM

All artillery of the 4 factions are useless against moving targets

Hey sherlok stop reading only the headline
7 Aug 2014, 00:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2014, 16:44 PMChris
I know how to use it I play since 7 years coh .You donßt pay 180 muni for an Mg42 o.34 . But in coh1 it was possible to kill inf. with an arty berst because there she needn´t 15 sec. to arrive so you can plan where your opponent will go

Only *some* of the artillery abilities take that long to arrive. The 240mm and Time-on-Target barrages have long lead-in times. If you want fast-dropping artillery, use different doctrines. Mechanized company's 155mm barrage is arguably the best in the game, takes <5 seconds to drop from memory. The Major's barrage is pretty crappy, but calls down much faster than 15 seconds. The Pathfinder barrages from one of the doctrines are pretty good.

The long call-in time is a perculiarity of the specific doctirnes you're referring to. The 240mm is not all that good, but its use is primarily for uprooting static OKW positions like Med-trucks surrounded by an army of units that have nowhere to retreat to.
7 Aug 2014, 07:21 AM

You can use arty to force your opponent to move your units. Force them to advance or retreat; take advantage of what they do. Also Major's fake barrage works well here.
7 Aug 2014, 08:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2014, 17:38 PMChris

Hey sherlok stop reading only the headline

8 Aug 2014, 03:29 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2014, 13:02 PMChris
The god one is the USF have more off map arty than the soviets. But the big problem is what uses a 240 mm shell when she arrives after 15 seconds call in ? The same with the majors arty. More over the thunderbold isn´t effective in consideration to his costs ( The airborn doctrin is useless anyway). For e.g the germans have sector arty wich can be used in opponents sectors ? Or crazy arty wich gets faster when the enemy is in this territory and it has an crazy range ... I think the incomming time after call in should be reduced. Maybe the Us can get an Jagdtiger then...

Mate all off map arty can be dodged.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS