russian armor

[Q] Banning Luftwaffe out of Tournaments in teamgames

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
6 Aug 2014, 19:25 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2014, 18:38 PMCieZ
Please ban this commander. It's hugely exploitable. According to relic the okw economy is supposed to be insulated from any outside manipulation but they fucked up the implementation. Currently enemies CANNOT pick up fuel drops, but okw can... leading to 15 min KTs. This is completely unintended.

Opels are also bugged, but to a much lesser extent, and they're killable.

I gotta say that the implementation of this exploit between Ost and OKW is simply ingenious! In fact,near to brilliant! B-) .... and gives credence to the fact that there are many highly intelligent peeps playing this game.

But you're right :( It has to be stopped. :*(

6 Aug 2014, 19:28 PM

If supplys could be picked up by enemies, I would allow this commander. Just storm the fuel points where your enemy is getting his planes and steal the fuel. But right now, if you cant pick-up stolen supplys, then ban it.

PD: SSHeine gives his opinion, and you guys flame him? l0lz
6 Aug 2014, 19:35 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@ Kronosaur0s: Kindly stop trying to start a flame war,or your post will be invised.

It would be helpful if you have the self discipline to delete para 2 of your post. Then I will invis my own post. Nothing fairer....
6 Aug 2014, 19:36 PM

Exclusively Luftwaffe player since Luftwaffe release-till expansion there. Supply drops is not the problem. Blob of 5 nonstop-healing and almost-immune to small arms fire thanks to stacking meds defensive buff grens all armed with lmgs 6-8 minutes from muni drops is the PROBLEM.

But, again, it still counterable, if you know what to expect. Double russian snipers, paratroopers-heavy builds, maximspam, fast usf vehicles. Supply drop not free, and every sane team will play one and only balanced 4v4 map with contested muni/fuel, and no, this map is not Ettelbruck.

Teamgames was always were balanced around "counter broken with broken". And if you start banning commanders from 4v4, you have long way and more problems ahead. Free vet for okw super-units from elite troops/zeroing arty+flares from forti and spec ops duo wiping whole visible screen, there still potentially even more broken combos then Luftwaffe.

Leave everything as it is and let teamplay decide. Nothing can't be countered in 4v4. Even 15m kt.
6 Aug 2014, 19:51 PM

It's not just 4v4, it's 2v2 too.
6 Aug 2014, 20:01 PM

It's incredible how people are trying to defend this, even tho it is CLEARLY broken.

I now truly know that alot of people here are very clearly axis biased.
6 Aug 2014, 20:08 PM

in 2v2 Luftwaffe is awful choice if you have bad start. No useful call-ins, no save-you-ass-for-free tiger ace, only somehow good anti-static off maps. And manpower bleed from supply drops even more of a problem there. Its almost impossible to drop resources for your okw partner in middle-game since axis always struggle against allies until tanks.

In fact i think USF mechanized commander a lot more imbalanced at 2v2 (at least on open maps) then luftwaffe (maybe with exception of summer Langers with safe fuel). Easy map control with jeeps, demo charges and artillery which 1-shots okw trucks.
6 Aug 2014, 20:39 PM

This commander also has a very annoying ability, I dont think ppl noticed it yet.

The medical supply drop currently bugs veihcle pathing, gives you sight and can't be picked up or destroyed by the enemy (except for a freaking IL2 bombing run or a dozen of satchel charges).

I had a 2v2 game where some guy dropped three medical crates at the exit of my base, at first I said "thank you", only then I realized it can't be picked up, and you cant use attack move on it.

Everytime I positioned something near it, it got bombed by mortars and Infantry Support gun. The crates give you decent sight.

Feel free to test it, it's kinda funny.

Oh, another thing, when you reverse near it, it bugs pathing, the veihcle gets confused and tries to go foward.

Im glad this happened on Moscow, so I could change routes to exit my base, but imagine using this on semois.
6 Aug 2014, 21:13 PM

For me it is less a question of "Is this balanced?" and more a question of "Is this intended?"

Sure you could MAYBE make the argument that it is balanced, given the other major advantages that the allies have in team games. But I'd still probably disagree. There's not much that can handle a properly managed KT at 15 minutes into the game. It's really as simple as that.

The more important issue is that, according to Relic, the OKW economy is supposed to be completely free from all outside manipulation due to the inherent design of the faction. As far as I know, and I spend a lot of time with the devs, OKW is *NOT* supposed to be able to pick up those fuel drops. Furthermore, your enemies ARE supposed to be able to pick them up. Currently they cannot. And if this wasn't enough - your enemies also CANNOT pick up the med drops, which as Jadame pointed out - give a huge combat buff. You can literally drop med packs on top of your ally's Sturms and just watch them slaughter everything in sight with no fear of the opponent picking up the med packs and using them against you.

The combination of these factors leads me to believe that, in the current state, this commander SHOULD be banned from any/all tournaments because it is NOT working as intended. It is bugged. It is exploitable. It breaks game mechanics that were not meant to be broken.
6 Aug 2014, 21:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2014, 21:13 PMCieZ
the OKW economy is supposed to be completely free from all outside manipulation due to the inherent design of the faction.

are fuel caches bugged too then?
6 Aug 2014, 21:30 PM

I think that this is good thread to ask this question.

Do you think that CoH2 tournaments can do something like banning/picking of commanders before fight like in DOTA, LOL etc.?

I think that it has some advantages but with the small commander pool overall but espacially with OKW and USF is rather problematic.

Thoughts ?

6 Aug 2014, 21:30 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2014, 21:16 PMwooof

are fuel caches bugged too then?

Isn't the increased fuel rate from caches affected by the fuel modifier though?
6 Aug 2014, 21:42 PM

Now let's see if moderators are real and unbiased. Reported. Frikadelle and Kreatiir for this abusive behavior whithout any reason because nothing insulting was adressed to them personally.

P.S. To Kreatiir: hey, sorry man, I am not the type that plays along just because someone is "tournament director" and I'm stating my opinions eather if you like them or not. Further, I did not intended to flame no one, but if you disagree, you could express this in a polite way. Cheers.

SSHeini,

You can report me as much as you want, I don't have any problem with it.
I'm aware I wasn't constructive in my previous comment but I don't mind.
Anyone with such a name can't be taken serious.

"SS" Heini, just stay out of constructive threads.
6 Aug 2014, 21:48 PM

they are affected by the modifier, but the fact is okw cant build caches. saying theyre designed to be "free from all outside manipulation" makes it sound like even caches shouldnt have an effect on okw.

if caches are intended to boost okw fuel, just by a reduced amount, then there starts to be a grey area. would luftwaffe fuel drops then be balanced if they were adjusted for the fuel modifier as well?
6 Aug 2014, 21:49 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Attacks on the Staff in open forums are unacceptable, That way anarchy ensues. Make a PM if you have an issue, Heini.

PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS