Login

russian armor

Who else loves the ISU these days? :D

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
6 Aug 2014, 08:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2014, 08:36 AMtengen
God damn it Sib, why are you so toxic, abusing OP things like the Su76?

Sarcasm is generally considered to be toxic :P

But yeah, goddam, dat SU76 abuse :D
6 Aug 2014, 08:59 AM

I've seen it again in Siberians stream yesterday. First Vonivan and Sib were losing and were totally pushed off the map. But at min 30 a wild ISU appeared and wiped like 3 Volks and 2 Obersoldaten and they were in under 1 min on the map again. In the end they even won with 2 second ISU which was even for Jagdtiger too much.

I was watching that too. When you blob at least 6 plus squads together and run at an ISU, you deserve to lose. End of story.
6 Aug 2014, 09:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2014, 08:59 AMRogers

I was watching that too. When you blob at least 6 plus squads together and run at an ISU, you deserve to lose. End of story.

The game I am talking about was on Semois, not the game when Sib was playing 2v1 yesterday.
6 Aug 2014, 09:12 AM

Making it unable to shoot whilst moving would be a good start

It never could shoot on the move.
6 Aug 2014, 09:36 AM

Lol. I don't resort to anything to troll anyone. If you have a problem with my play style, you're more than welcome to challenge me in a 1v1 or 2v2 and dish out all the "disappointing" comments you have then but I would refrain from bashing anyone based on the simple premise that a unit was used in the game. By your definition, I am most likely disappointed in you for using X unit - that goes for more than half of the community, shame on you.

I am also amused by the guys who want to sit on a forum and give me stick for using ISU-152s, Snipers, whatever you wish to complain about. Any heavy tank, with a very few exceptions, is over performing and removes any incentive to tech for the most part. That's the way the game is, don't complain to me about the game's issues, I've been hampering on about these for a while. All heavy tanks and call-ins need to be brought in line, they all need CP increases as the bare minimum, as far as I am concerned. For those complaining about the ISU-152: please start a topic on the Tiger, Tiger Ace, King Tiger, Stug E and Shermans.
Heh. To start with, I've done some complaining on the Tiger ace of old in this very thread, and I've merrily complained about all sort of other imbalances, perceived and real. I reckon I can be absolved on this front. That being said, as of present, none of other issues you mentioned is as pressing in team games - and that actually nicely demonstrated in your stream, where the appearance of the ISU proved a gamechanger repeatedly. Now, of course, units like the KT, or IS-2, Tiger, or E-8 can all enable a comeback in one way or the other but none of them does so as decisively as the ISU for its ability to wipe squads, with consistency, regardless of vet at long ranges, which no other unit brings to the table.
Ie. the Tiger/IS-2 will occasionally oneshot a clumped up squad, thats bad RNG, but you'll get a chance to hit T beforehand. Not so with the ISU which does what it does outside of the squads visual range...of course, I am aware that its accuracy drops off at range, but its still devastating. People talk about blobbing, and punishing it, but thats not even the point, the ISU of course will kill individual squads just as well. Otherwise, seems like you are confusing me for a shittalker or something, but yep, I think its a tad cheap to ride the meta too hard. Trading punches on the schoolyard won't change that btw. I am not "blaming" you or anybody (with the exception of Relic) for the state of the game and its inherent imbalances, but does one need to instrumentalise the most glaring issues? Its just alot more fun if people do not.
6 Aug 2014, 09:36 AM

I played vs a soviet industry and soviet ISU doc yesterday in 2v2. It was a really intense game that lasted an hour. The soviets were spamming T34s (no shocker) and later ISUs. They thought it was trololololol. Then my jagd tiger turned up and from there it was gg. The JT took out at least 4 ISUs, then I got a second JT and he took out another 2 ISUs. My first one was vet 5 and the second was vet 2.

If I hadn't gone breakthrough, we may have been in trouble. But my OKW partner had flares, so that helped a lot. Watching an ISU back off because you are out ranging it is FUNNY!
6 Aug 2014, 09:39 AM

I played vs a soviet industry and soviet ISU doc yesterday in 2v2. It was a really intense game that lasted an hour. The soviets were spamming T34s (no shocker) and later ISUs. They thought it was trololololol. Then my jagd tiger turned up and from there it was gg. The JT took out at least 4 ISUs, then I got a second JT and he took out another 2 ISUs. My first one was vet 5 and the second was vet 2.

If I hadn't gone breakthrough, we may have been in trouble. But my OKW partner had flares, so that helped a lot. Watching an ISU back off because you are out ranging it is FUNNY!

From you description, your oponents weren't to good, were they?
6 Aug 2014, 10:08 AM

I haven't really noticed either the ISU or the Elefant in "high level" games (I'm not pretentious, I swear) in quite a while. The ISU-152 does make the occasional appearance but it's not as amazingly OP as it used to be. I don't think I've seen the Elefant in a serious 2v2 since it was nerfed to 70 range.

My biggest problem with the ISU-152 has always been that it's really good against both infantry AND tanks at a superb range. This has always made it very problematic to deal with in a game where both teams have equal footing. Its AI capabilities have been nerfed quite a few times though as of late, so it's not as OP as it once was (Still forces units off the map pretty quickly though). Another problem is that flanking is more or less impossible now-a-days given how many ways there is to punish flanking (Mines, AT-nades, button, mark-target, other support tanks, AT guns, etc) so ultra-long range units like the ISU-152 and Jagdtiger feel a little indestructible to all but eachother.

Because of the nature of the ultra-long range heavies, the ISU-152 can't really be countered easily (or at all, for that matter) by infantry. You''ll need tanks of your own. I've had games, however, against amazingly skilled players where I managed to have a Jagdtiger solo 3 ISU-152s at once, as well as IS2s. I guess this is to say, the only reliable way to counter the ISU-152 is with either the Elefant or the Jagdtiger.
6 Aug 2014, 10:19 AM
Donator 11

I love it because it's the only thing that hard-counters blobs with about as much effort as blobbing. None of that lay a trap with democharges and mines with 3 machineguns and 2 flankers on the retreat with a knife ready to sacrifice the goat and a tub to bath in the blood for luck bullshit. They blob up all their army, they rely entirely on the unstoppable blob, meet the fucking blob eater delux!

You made me laugh :D "with a knife ready to sacrifice a goat"
6 Aug 2014, 10:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2014, 10:08 AMAlbus
I guess this is to say, the only reliable way to counter the ISU-152 is with either the Elefant or the Jagdtiger.

So actually nothing changed about the ISU. Before WFA, the ELE was the only reliable solution to counter it.
6 Aug 2014, 11:02 AM

From you description, your oponents weren't to good, were they?

Probably not, they made some crucial early game errors which cost them, and the JT was the final blow. And the 2nd JT was just trololol.

Realistically, you are right, they had windustry and should have steamrolled us in the early/mid game.... but didnt. Bad luck for them.
6 Aug 2014, 15:43 PM

On top of everything the mounted gunner rapes all infantry tht trys to flank it -.-
6 Aug 2014, 16:15 PM

Can't we all just get along?

Anyway...

I am still really new to ranked games (like 3 games under my belt). Played the game a bunch when it first came out against AI, and then put it down for sometime until WFA.

I think the long and the short of it is this:

-Any good player will use a good strategy to win the match (cheese or not- because after all, "You play to win the game"- and also have fun. If cheese strategies are fun, then do it, and complain to Relic about the cheese)

-You have to actually be a good player to even make a cheese strategy work.

Case in point, I have all of 3 ranked games under my belt (the epitomy of noob). I played a random 2v2 last night (2 OKW vs 2 Soviet). I was on OKW team. My teammate dropped once he saw two ISU's. I somehow won the match with a panther, King Tiger, and an AI Pak 43.

As soon as I got a chance, I was going to post the replay for comic relief and for feedback on my own play, so I can at least rise above "noob" status.
6 Aug 2014, 16:42 PM

And in my fantasy world the Elefant would get its range back, and then also a draw back, like, I dunno, it randomly gets engine criticals just for moving, or it can be decrewed with a molotov.

Allways thought it should have like a "stressed engines" perk turning any engine damage into a heavy engine damage to show how incredible vulnerable it was against Infantry.

The best tank killer in the game, but a single conscript squad can take it out, atleast for a while.
6 Aug 2014, 17:05 PM

ISU is the counter everything except stuka strikes. it can kill a kingtiger/tiger 1 in 4 shots if you are unlucky, meanwhile the kingtiger will barely penetrate the isu. its fucking bullshit unit and needs to be nerfed with the fucking bs maxim.
6 Aug 2014, 17:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Some reporting and counter-reporting going on here from a couple of non-badged posters. Please keep your responses clean, then this need not happen.

Off topic: a record is now being created by the Admin of people who report for no apparent good reason.

On topic: please carry on.
6 Aug 2014, 20:13 PM

meanwhile the kingtiger will barely penetrate the isu

6 Aug 2014, 20:31 PM

yes that is a awesome response because you know its true deep down.
6 Aug 2014, 20:36 PM

isu has a 54% chance to pen a KT at 35m

KT has a 64.5% chance to pen an isu at 40m
6 Aug 2014, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2014, 20:36 PMwooof
isu has a 54% chance to pen a KT at 35m

KT has a 64.5% chance to pen an isu at 40m

for some reason kt seem to have a bad rng vibe that comes with them then.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS