Login

russian armor

Who else loves the ISU these days? :D

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
5 Aug 2014, 19:27 PM

Its just sick as fuck to use, i think the only counter is jagd for range combat, no one uses the elephant anymore, and with gaurds "gaurding" it button makes it so easy to rape anything.

Also mines on its retreat path is nice :)

OKW basically have nothing, even a KT struggles against it.
5 Aug 2014, 19:29 PM

K..... is this now a balance thread or something like that?

Yes I have seen it often. It still squad wipes everything.
5 Aug 2014, 19:37 PM

Still the biggest unresolved balance issue if you ask me. Unless you have the Ele/JT or an absolutely overwhelming VP lead/map advantage, the ISU still singlehandedly turns the game, bit like the Tiger ace of old.
5 Aug 2014, 19:44 PM

I've seen it again in Siberians stream yesterday. First Vonivan and Sib were losing and were totally pushed off the map. But at min 30 a wild ISU appeared and wiped like 3 Volks and 2 Obersoldaten and they were in under 1 min on the map again. In the end they even won with 2 second ISU which was even for Jagdtiger too much.
5 Aug 2014, 19:52 PM

You have to see the heavy tanks in relation to the other.

Jagdtiger? Sick AT
Kingtiger? Sick AT, armor and good AI
ISU? Sick AI, good AT
(and go on...)

Its good, but there are good counters.
5 Aug 2014, 19:57 PM

Permanently Banned
problem with the ISU is JT and ele can be countered with ZIS while the isu can ONLY be countered with 2 tanks pushing if its on its own. if its decently supported nothing can crack this nut. if you see a JT just pull back and let your AT and inf rule the map....
5 Aug 2014, 20:08 PM

I've seen it again in Siberians stream yesterday. First Vonivan and Sib were losing and were totally pushed off the map. But at min 30 a wild ISU appeared and wiped like 3 Volks and 2 Obersoldaten and they were in under 1 min on the map again. In the end they even won with 2 second ISU which was even for Jagdtiger too much.

Yep, saw the same thing, did the same thing often. And had it done to me, I am not using it anymore, unless I am playing dudes I don't like. Call it nonsense, but hey I am oldfashioned this way. ;) ISU literally is the answer to all the woes. You're fucked, no map presence no nothing? ISU. Tigers? ISU. Infblobs? ISU. PIVs? ISU. Meh, what where they thinking.
As for Sib, I might add that its kinda sad to see players of his calibre resort to this sort of cheap stuff to troll random people.
5 Aug 2014, 21:59 PM

Of course you love it, it's the most op bullshit in the game right now. It has no counters aside from outright suicide rushing with tanks and can singlehandedl win games as has been stated already.

There should in no way shape or form be an anti everything unit with heavy armor and 75 fucking range.

I even faced off with a jagdtiger and won due to the shells shocking the Tiger till it died. Plus the aoe killed the pios repairing. It's nonsense.
5 Aug 2014, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2014, 19:27 PMShadow
Its just sick as fuck to use, i think the only counter is jagd for range combat, no one uses the elephant anymore, and with gaurds "gaurding" it button makes it so easy to rape anything.

Also mines on its retreat path is nice :)

U are absolutely right
5 Aug 2014, 22:13 PM

Apart from its obscene ability to oneshot carefully husbanded vet3 squads in the lategame, maybe the worst thing about it is that it renders paks effectively useless.
5 Aug 2014, 22:17 PM
Patrion 310

ISU is still pretty good but its not invincible. JT counters it pretty easily and to some extent so does the Ele.

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2014, 19:27 PMShadow

Hans killed 2 the other day with a Puma.
5 Aug 2014, 22:36 PM

ISU is still pretty good but its not invincible. JT counters it pretty easily and to some extent so does the Ele.

Yes, he managed to kill an unsupported one (I have seen the game too, Barton only had 1 pio next to it) in 1 vs 1 on a wide map perfect for flanking while Barton was failing at micro with it.
5 Aug 2014, 22:38 PM

Pumas are broken. Let's leave it to that.
5 Aug 2014, 22:42 PM

I do love ISU with my perfect unbeatable triple sniper guards spam strategy
5 Aug 2014, 22:44 PM

True, and nobody said it was invincible. Especially not in isolation. After all its slow and cumbersome indeed. However, It is simply very much true that unless ze Germans have either of said doctrines or a ridiculous superiority already, the ISU will decide the game in the Allied favour. It is, as already mentioned, a bit like in the days of yore where the Tiger ace would hit the field, literally just park in the Soviet base and destroy it, and there was little one could do about it thanks to its very strong armour and outright ridiculously high hp pool. Not my idea of fun.
5 Aug 2014, 23:12 PM

Saw Siberian do it on stream and it made my blood boil. Here are 2 Axis players who actually put an effort into outplaying their opponent and ISU's come along and wipe everything. I've had it done to me several times in 2v2s, and it's infuriating how complete noobs turn games in their favor by abusing a ridiculous unit. I hope Relic is considering a nerf to this abomination.

As for Sib, I might add that its kinda sad to see players of his calibre resort to this sort of cheap stuff to troll random people.
+1
5 Aug 2014, 23:22 PM
Patrion 14

Oh please RiflesReady. As if they put effort in. Who sends their infantry blobs against ISU-152's? They deserved that loss.

The second they saw an ISU they should of gotten Panthers out - good range, and mobility. Sib left his flanks completely open. They didn't even get AT guns. They did some great ninja capping sure, but watching him throw Fallschrimjager after volk after Fallschrimjager into the tigers teeth, you can't complain.

You cannot 1v1, head on, a ISU. It's suicide. You have to flank it, just like you used to do with the elefant.

I agree that the ISU's infantry slaughter capabilities need to be toned down, but its dangerously close to being an overpriced paperweight. It already turns slower than my Grandma.

I think I cried with mirth when Sib got three out. He was begging for some flanking, and they nearly gave it to him as well.

Even better is you trying to call Sib cheap. It was his doctrines top tier tank. What do you expect him to do, spam SU-85's? Because its well proven by now that they are completely outclassed by the Jagdpanzer.
5 Aug 2014, 23:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2014, 23:12 PMKhan
Saw Siberian do it on stream and it made my blood boil. Here are 2 Axis players who actually put an effort into outplaying their opponent and ISU's come along and wipe everything. I've had it done to me several times in 2v2s, and it's infuriating how complete noobs turn games in their favor by abusing a ridiculous unit. I hope Relic is considering a nerf to this abomination.

+1

Here's a harsh dose of reality for all of you:

SUPERTANKS ARE ALL OVERPOWERED

ISU, Elefant was for all of vCOH2, Tiger Ace (probably the biggest joke in the game's history)

You can all keep deluding yourself with your obvious faction biases, but the King Tiger and Jagd from COH1 were all scrub weapons that threw the entire game's balance out of the window. They allowed any idiot to pull a win out of their ass. Tiger 1 and Pershing were fine - strong, but not absurd.

This game is not Command and Conquer. Superweapons/units have no place in this game in my opinion, so if you don't like it for soviets, keep in mind the fact that the Germans have more of them.

You know it's true, so stop pretending like one side is magically more noble than the other. Everyone has had their shit instagibbed by a ridiculous tank or unit. I swear to god the delusion is amazing. It just stops all intelligent discussion, it's like american politics ffs.
6 Aug 2014, 00:33 AM

Making it unable to shoot whilst moving would be a good start
6 Aug 2014, 00:45 AM

I think that ISU's problems are equal to all super tanks. They make a great unbalance in the game, and if you don't have another super tank to counter it you are fucked.

I've won a lot of games only thanks to the ISU, and I've lost a lot of games too because an Elefant, Jadgtiger or Tiger Ace raped all my units in a game that I was winning till that moment.

Add up that both soviet and ostheer have problems with their T4, and instead of SU85s and Panthers which should counter these supertanks properly, we have blobs with schrecks+paks and T34s+ZiS.

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS