Login

russian armor

Petition: Change mg42/lmg42 sound? (With poll, please vote)

Do you like the new sound of the mg42/lmg 42?
Option Distribution Votes
18%
82%
Do you like the old sound of the mg42/lmg 42?
Option Distribution Votes
88%
12%
Total votes: 137
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
4 Aug 2014, 09:01 AM

Dear relic,

Pretty much as the title describes, can the mg42/lmg42 get their old sound effects back? Community members, please contribute your opinion by using the poll.

And can somebody please upload a short sound file of the old sounds, in case there's new players post patch who have no idea what's going on here?
4 Aug 2014, 09:15 AM

Accidentally voted no on both questions, damn.

I prefered the old sound.
4 Aug 2014, 09:22 AM

Well they actually recorded some badass sound for the Mg42, as you can see here . (scroll to the middle of the text, there is a sound comparsion vCoH Mg42 and CoH 2 Mg42).

Dunno why they changed it? Doesn't make sense at all!
4 Aug 2014, 09:28 AM
Donator 11

Well they actually recorded some badass sound for the Mg42, as you can see here . (scroll to the middle of the text, there is a sound comparsion vCoH Mg42 and CoH 2 Mg42).

I love that recording however thats not what it sounded like ingame at all.
4 Aug 2014, 09:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2014, 09:28 AMspajn

I love that recording however thats not what it sounded like ingame at all.

I don't know why they never used it. It sounds awesome! (maybe to avoid MG spam :p)
4 Aug 2014, 10:05 AM

The new sound is honestly awful. I was hoping it was just a bug that they changed it, but the fact they haven't reverted it by now means it must be intentional. I have no idea why this decision was made. They really should change it back. I also want to add that the BAR sound sounds like a loud paintball gun and should sound more fierce since we're on the topic of sounds.

Here's a video of the old MG42 sound (and also a demonstration of how laughably overpowered they used to be back in the day): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Mb1UqZH0g
4 Aug 2014, 10:12 AM
Honorary Member Badge

i hope it was a mistake i hope.
4 Aug 2014, 10:21 AM

Wow that sound would make me produce only MG42.
Really amazing.
4 Aug 2014, 11:47 AM

OMFG AWESOME SOUND!!!!!!!
4 Aug 2014, 13:32 PM

Permanently Banned
Maybe Relic should better focus on improving balance especially in team games instead of stupid sounds? Who the hell doesn't listen to music while playing?
4 Aug 2014, 13:50 PM

The sound there is awesome, I'm flabbergasted as to why it's not in the game. Really disappointed.
4 Aug 2014, 14:08 PM

Maybe Relic should better focus on improving balance especially in team games instead of stupid sounds? Who the hell doesn't listen to music while playing?

Yeah, let's remove all the sounds because who needs them anyway?
4 Aug 2014, 14:20 PM

http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent-they-fixed-this-bug/

Here, have a cookie while you read this. By the way, anyone who wonders how it is actually done behind the scene should take a read at this fine piece of writing :)

PS: By the way, the essay was written years ago, for a MMORPG board (i remember it was WoW, or it might be SWTOR, whatever). Just replace MMORPG with any kind of game, it still works :)
4 Aug 2014, 15:03 PM

Permanently Banned
Oh I can imagine you guys sitting there partying hard while listen to the amazing WW2 sounds. Much fun.
4 Aug 2014, 15:51 PM
Patrion 14

Can we also get back the 240mm arty sound?
4 Aug 2014, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2014, 10:05 AMKothre
Here's a video of the old MG42 sound (and also a demonstration of how laughably overpowered they used to be back in the day): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Mb1UqZH0g

Amazing how it went from doing that, to being the weakest MG in the game.

Then again, going from super OP to kinda crap seems like how most games are balanced anymore. Wish there was a middle ground...
4 Aug 2014, 19:02 PM

Amazing how it went from doing that, to being the weakest MG in the game.

Then again, going from super OP to kinda crap seems like how most games are balanced anymore. Wish there was a middle ground...

Might be a shocker for you, but that is still possible.

Its called a micro.

Usual reaction to molotov is LOLRETRAT, but what if I told you it doesn't explode killing all your squad instantly and allows you to reposition?
4 Aug 2014, 19:17 PM

Yes, yes, YEEEEEEEEEES! Been saying this since the beginning, the new MG42 (and especially the MG34 as well as the puny FG42) sounds rubbish.

The proposed second sound clip is waaaaaaay better. I don't care if your ears start to bleed if you listen to it the whole game, THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BLEED.

Relic pls.
4 Aug 2014, 23:50 PM

Might be a shocker for you, but that is still possible.

Its called a micro.

It's still possible to dodge molotovs, yeah. The point is that most companies tend to overnerf and overbuff everything in regards to balance changes, and Relic is no exception (-> recent katyusha changes). As much as I dislike Blizzard nowadays, they at least tend to make smaller balance changes on a patch to patch basis instead of flipping unit usefulness around every other patch (at least when it comes to StarCraft 2).

ANYWAY, to stay on topic, the MG42 sound change is unnecessary and lame. To be fair, something similar happened in the alpha with the panzerwerfer. And by alpha, I mean the core game's alpha, not the WFA alpha. The sound had changed to sound more like a walking stuka without that fearsome trademark noise, but it got changed back a couple patches later, so I still have some hope.
5 Aug 2014, 00:02 AM

Usual reaction to molotov is LOLRETRAT, but what if I told you it doesn't explode killing all your squad instantly and allows you to reposition?

Because a unit with 4 men, incoming accuracy debuffs, average suppression, low damage, a 3 second pack-up time is not a unit you want sitting around wounded. That one can get away with it because it pretty much suppresses instantly, kills a squad member, pins the squad and then kills another.

The current one doesn't do that, so it can't get away with recklessly running around infront of enemy troops like the one in the video. That's why people insta-retreat as soon as an MG gets flanked rather than trying to keep fighting like that one can. It can only behave like that at Vet 3.

Plus, his took no casualties. I'm not sure if molotovs were weaker then or crews were stronger, but I've never taken a molotov and gunfire without losing at least one man. And leaving an undermanned MG in the field is asking for it to get decrewed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★