Login

russian armor

Terrible state of Balance - Relic please Address this ASAP

• This thread is locked
3 Aug 2014, 07:57 AM

Permanently Banned
New thread toned it down. Happy? Just incedibly frustrating Relic never addresses this.

Just came out of a game of Von ivan vs Giap.

First match. OKW vs Sov. Von ivan maxim spammed all over the map. Giap has literally no room to move anywhere. over 10 maxim squads on the field one covering the other. No room for flanking. Giap no chance after 2 KV8 decimate anything remaining. Zis3 Barrage destroyed any attempted group attempt to take out one maxim.

Again i have raised this issue (maxim and Zis 3 into Call in IS2, T-35 85 or KV8) several times to no avail.

Second match US Aa truck comes out trolls and squad wipes everything in sight. And Rifle blob finishes the job. GG. Grens simply feeding Rifleman Vet. They do nothing, they are currently severly UP vs Allied forces esp US. Match didnt even last 10 mins.

Again has been raised several times. To no avail.

Issues AGAIN that need to be fixed

Rifleman being ridiculous Terminator machines (STOCK) that is with NO M1919 when the get M1919 they become unfathomably powerful and thats just with one LMG. SO carrying 2 is just insane.
US AA truck - Need i say more? Mobile 50 cal? No set up time and able to tank 3 SHreks? Seriously? Also once set up its just a massacre.
Maxim - Far to dominating and durable.
IS2 armor - Is this made out of adamantium ( THANKS DARTH BONG for the correct name LOL)
OH tier costs and unit costs - Big BIG issue.
OH - Underwhelming units, i.e. Grens, PGS especially..simpoly no match for shocks, con spam due to Orrah and Molotoc and practically ALL US units. Simply a neglected UP faction that needs fixing
Panther UP OR OVERPRICED. Please CHOOSE 1
T-3485 call in needs increase in price
US jeep to CP 1.

Until these are fixed there will never be balance.
3 Aug 2014, 08:00 AM

Considering my name was mentioned in this post I am relevant.

Peace I'll be in DC for 2 days.
3 Aug 2014, 08:02 AM

Permanently Banned
Considering my name was mentioned in this post I am relevant.

Peace I'll be in DC for 2 days.

Enjoy. But anway well played. But please admitt there are issues with the way you used the above tactics they are incredibly abusive and Giap and little to no chance. Ok you won. That the aim. but, Is that the way with the current state of the game you want to win with? Its simply not challenging and lacks any sort of decent micro or multi-tasking compared to fighting with other squads.

Is this the way the Relic seriously want to look at their game and say this is fair? Spamming or abusing an OP unit that dictates the early game to a horribly screwed degree?

I think it would be healthy for relic to address these abusive tactics currently being exploited. By maxim spam, US aa truck, and Rifle blobbing. It definitely needs to be fixed to make it a fairly balanced game.

Please amditt also when you played OKW you struggled and you were undone by the very tactics i am addressing in this thread. This speaks for itself.
3 Aug 2014, 08:14 AM

Enjoy. But anway well played. But please admitt there are issues with the way you used the above tactics they are incredibly abusive and Giap and little to no chance. Is that the state of the game you want to win with?

I think it would be healthy for relic to address these abusive tactics currently being exploited. By maxim spam, US aa truck, and Rifle blobbing. It definitely needs to be fixed to make it a fairly balanced game.

i was watching that ,too, and vonivan adressed the AA problem...
he said "just rename the m15 to anti-ostheer halftrack" and "why did he(giap) pick ost. he had faction choice... why would he do that?"
so i dont know whats your problem with him. is it because hes trolling you good?

anyways... back on topic:
the AA is an issue (vs ost) imo, so is the m1919 and the panther does need some love, but the rest of your list i couldnt agree with.
maxims are fine.
is2 is fine.
rifles is the only thing that makes the US be able to compete with the other factions at all (once the AA is "fixed")
3 Aug 2014, 08:18 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Opening salvos have been exchanged.

Now please keep this on topic and within the board guidelines.
3 Aug 2014, 08:19 AM

Permanently Banned

i was watching that ,too, and vonivan adressed the AA problem...
he said "just rename the m15 to anti-ostheer halftrack" and "why did he(giap) pick ost. he had faction choice... why would he do that?"
so i dont know whats your problem with him. is it because hes trolling you good?

anyways... back on topic:
the AA is an issue (vs ost) imo, so is the m1919 and the panther does need some love, but the rest of your list i couldnt agree with.
maxims are fine.
is2 is fine.
rifles is the only thing that makes the US be able to compete with the other factions at all (once the AA is "fixed")

Thanks for the reply

However the extent in which the maxims were employed and the utter domination it can bestow across the whole map is not "fine". Even if and when US AA truck is nerfed. US rifles still severely dominate vs Grens with no upgrades and once they get 1919 they dominate vs OKW infantry too except Obers which cost 400MP and cost an arm and a leg to reinforce and which you cant get till two HTs are built Anyhow. They are no where near as spammable as Rifles. They are literally the only unit that can go toe to toe with US infantry but they have been nerfed. Not once. But twice. First nerf was justified. Not the second.

But by that time the spam is well and truly taken hold. They just get melted. And Us will have map control. Volks have no upgrades to compete and base damage is terrible.

So this needs to be addressed too.
3 Aug 2014, 08:20 AM

Permanently Banned
Opening salvos have been exchanged.

Now please keep this on topic and within the board guidelines.

Thanks major.
3 Aug 2014, 08:22 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Post invised to prevent flame war
3 Aug 2014, 08:51 AM
Patrion 14

I saw a few of the games. All I can say is that maxim spam is actually terrible strategy and very easily countered: it depends on you to know what strategy to use to counter it. I smile every time my opponent opens with maxims.

Maxim is fine.
IS2 is fine.
T34/85 is fine.

The only thing that is really dumb about balance at the moment is American T1 (Lieutenant) having a too dominant presence. The Lieutenant + Scout Cars/AA Half Track particularly tears Wehrmacht apart, but is decent to fight against vs. OKW due to Puma access.

While I do think American riflemen are a bit too strong, I'm unsure of how to bring them in line against Volks/Grens.
3 Aug 2014, 09:35 AM

I think that nerfing riflemen is not a good idea. If you nerve them only by a small amount you will see especially OKW infantry will steamroll them.

Combined with the fact the only field infantry USF has are riflemen, all the other stuff are support weapons this will nerf them significantly.

Already the riflemen dps is just enough at a starting encounter to prevent sturmpios from rushing straight into them from a distance.
3 Aug 2014, 10:02 AM

Why do I see a balance broken thread every day from the same person ?
3 Aug 2014, 13:30 PM

U are very dangerous, u never played with Soviets, u are a German player.
T85 is fine
maxim is fine
and all the things aren't a Problem.

Please add me to steam and i will show you OKW is very strong

Lt. Steiner
3 Aug 2014, 13:43 PM

Why do I see a balance broken thread every day from the same person ?

because he is a Okw fanboy. Not only the USF create blobs ... The OKW does too .

U are very dangerous, u never played with Soviets, u are a German player.
T85 is fine
maxim is fine
and all the things aren't a Problem.

Please add me to steam and i will show you OKW is very strong

Lt. Steiner

+1
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

And with that kind invitation from Steiner 500, it is time to move on....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★