Login

russian armor

Volksgrenadiers

2 Aug 2014, 17:41 PM

Is it me, or does it seem like Volksgrenadiers seem a lot more hardy than were were before the last couple of patches? I remember an Airborne squad seemingly get shredded last game by one of these (one or two of them got gimped by a Panzershrek, if any of you people want to know).

As a side note, they also seem to take less suppression. I'm pretty sure my enemy didn't have that "Total Disregard for Safety" bulletin (Volksgrenadiers take 10% less suppression).

Just wondering, anyone else feel the same? Any ninja buffs / nerfs they might have gotten?
2 Aug 2014, 17:46 PM

Nah. Might have been an RNG outlier. Volks lose to everyone and their cute little dogs unvetted. With vet4/5 they can win standup fights against Inf, not before.
2 Aug 2014, 17:49 PM

Well, they do have some nice defensive vet and they get it already at vet1 as opposed to useless ability.

They won't murder anything except armor late game with shrecks, but they are one of the most durable squads once vetted, excellent to take fire when your AI infantry rips opponents apart.
2 Aug 2014, 18:02 PM

Well, the squad that murdered my Airborne was Vet 2, so that might explain some parts of it. I still don't know the veterancy modifiers for the WFA armies - seeing them when Wuff updated his post would be helpful.
2 Aug 2014, 18:42 PM

Nah. An airborne squad will win a firefight against vet 2 Volks from any range easily.
2 Aug 2014, 18:44 PM

I was in that game with him, i could accept it being an RNG thing if it happened only once, but their blob was just tanking grenades bullets one after the other, taking little casualties, at close range. They really felt "invincible" for some reasons.
2 Aug 2014, 18:52 PM

Maybe they picked up some weapons that dropped on the battlefield? Because otherwise Volksgrenadiers aren't going to "shred" anything, they get however more durable with veterancy.
2 Aug 2014, 18:59 PM

Might of just been RNG from the Shrecks. But I always like to use Volks in pairs and focus fire. They aren't as terrible as people make them out to be, but they do need support later game to deal with elite infantry.
2 Aug 2014, 19:11 PM

I don't think either me or my team mate got weapons from our weapons racks before the VP timer ticked out, so that's out of the equation.

I think I'll leave it to RNG that claimed the lives of 2 brave Paratroopers via Panzershrek gibbing.

Reminder: Get more .50 cals.
4 Aug 2014, 22:01 PM

Volks with the 10 ammo nades rape all, im rank 7 atm in 2v2 AT and i spam volks with that nade commander and they destroy everything and are cheap as fuck to replace lol......

Maxims? Nade

Blobs? Nade.

They basically turn into t4 infantry :D they even rape shocks too, when they charge u just drop a nade, they throw 5 so 1 will hit and kill a shock trooper.

Volks are by far the best infantry for their cost, they also have a 30 ammo nade for backup, the 10 ammo nade has a cd but trust me its always ready when you need it :)
4 Aug 2014, 22:29 PM

Nope, Infiltration Grenades have no relation whatsoever to this thread. Take it to the other thread.
4 Aug 2014, 23:20 PM

Nope, Infiltration Grenades have no relation whatsoever to this thread. Take it to the other thread.

Ofc they do they buff volks.....

If you dont wanna use that doc then dont expect wonders from volks, simple as that, L2P.................

Ohh i reread your thread and see you actually think they are OP now lol? WOW

Volks are bad unless in heavy cover, paras rape them with LMGs so fast they cant even retreat half the time, this is indeed a L2P issue.
4 Aug 2014, 23:38 PM

Is it me, or does it seem like Volksgrenadiers seem a lot more hardy than were were before the last couple of patches? I remember an Airborne squad seemingly get shredded last game by one of these (one or two of them got gimped by a Panzershrek, if any of you people want to know).

As a side note, they also seem to take less suppression. I'm pretty sure my enemy didn't have that "Total Disregard for Safety" bulletin (Volksgrenadiers take 10% less suppression).

Just wondering, anyone else feel the same? Any ninja buffs / nerfs they might have gotten?

Relic tends to overbuff Germans many times...
4 Aug 2014, 23:44 PM

@Shadow
Never did say they were OP. It was to smite Part time commie as he was bugging me about it the day before. And it still doesn't relate to the thread because I was commenting on a very specific event that happened with me. If any of your sentences have the letters "OP" in it, please take it to the Balance subforum.
4 Aug 2014, 23:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I was pretty down on Volks at first, but they're growing on me. The OKW has a lot of strategic options when it comes to infantry composition, and I mostly avoid building a lot of Volks.

When I do build 3-4 of them I like getting a doctrine with the Infiltration Grenades. I only have special operations for this now. The best part of Volks is the grenades. Smart players can throw grenades in front of advancing squads (like shocks) and force retreat before they even start hurting your squad.

The Schrek upgrade is a core component of the faction, and gives you a lot of late game flexibility.

As far as we know they haven't been changed. I think people are learning how to use them better.
4 Aug 2014, 23:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2014, 23:50 PMOhme
I was pretty down on Volks at first, but they're growing on me. The OKW has a lot of strategic options when it comes to infantry composition, and I mostly avoid building a lot of Volks.

When I do build 3-4 of them I like getting a doctrine with the Infiltration Grenades. I only have special operations for this now. The best part of Volks is the grenades. Smart players can throw grenades in front of advancing squads (like shocks) and force retreat before they even start hurting your squad.

The Schrek upgrade is a core component of the faction, and gives you a lot of late game flexibility.

As far as we know they haven't been changed. I think people are learning how to use them better.

Lol exactly what i said :P

The pwn all game in blobs with them nades :P
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight