Login

russian armor

Lack of arty options for OKW

1 Aug 2014, 21:28 PM

Permanently Banned
Copy paste due to mod bias and changed the title so they can be happy.. Locks my threads but never deals with Trolls (Normally pro-soviet with a min 5-1 play ratio of Sovs) that fail to address any points. I.e Katitof.

Anyway..

US get priest and several mobile arty/arty options while soviets get B4 M-20, Katyusha, 120mm, 80mm etc

Why dont the OKW have any decent arty options except Stuka. THey need more options to deal with US noob blobbing. LEIG was decent prior to nerf as it could deal with blobbing now its like a pinprick to US squads kills 1 or 2 soldiers WHEN it hits....Not good for US blobs.

I fail to see how MG34 is not available as a general infantry unit so this can pin down spam and punish it with arty.

Would be nice for OKW to have more feasible Arty options in the 50-60 fuel range. OKw currently need to save for tanks as a desperate measure for late game. Would be nice to add a mixture of forces to combat US and soviet Blobbing and spam.

It will encourage more open play and tactics as opposed to rusing 5 rifle squads down the middle of the map

Some options include:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wespe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grille_(artillery)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuschrecke_10
1 Aug 2014, 21:34 PM

i don't think mortars are a good counter to a blob
1 Aug 2014, 21:34 PM

Well, OKW also has the inf gun which is pretty good. And stuka is strong.

But yes, Allies have a great number more artillery pieces.

But hen it costs them fuel and pop-cap, so it makes them a bit vulnerable.

Would be nice to see Hummels again :D
1 Aug 2014, 21:35 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 21:34 PMbogeuh
i don't think mortars are a good counter to a blob

Correct. They are not. Thats why it something else in the 50 fuel range (obviously more powerful than the LEIG) that can rival chosing the HT to deal with US infantry blob and maxim spam.

It will discourage Blobbing and spamming and encourage tactics and micro

I think its more than fair.
1 Aug 2014, 21:39 PM

Stuka is enough. They really don't need more arty.
1 Aug 2014, 21:40 PM

So what options do USA have artillery wise?

Pack Howitzer is a still a weaker, more expensive, much higher up on the tech tree ISG.
Mortar HT is still a really weak version of the ostheer one
Priest has the questionable honor of being the weakest mobile artillery in the game
Howitzer Carriage is great but is not so much artillery as it is an indirect fire close combat unit.
1 Aug 2014, 21:41 PM

Permanently Banned
Well, OKW also has the inf gun which is pretty good. And stuka is strong.

But yes, Allies have a great number more artillery pieces.

But hen it costs them fuel and pop-cap, so it makes them a bit vulnerable.

Would be nice to see Hummels again :D

Hummels indeed...But an early game option is required.
1 Aug 2014, 21:42 PM

Permanently Banned
Stuka is enough. They really don't need more arty.

Not saying its bad.

Im saying Building stuka is a risk. 100 fuel is a alot. Need more options in the lower range fuel for early game counters. something simiarly to Su-76 that has some sort of AT cap so u dont get completely punished when chosing it.
1 Aug 2014, 21:42 PM

Well if mortars don't count, why did you list them as artillery that soviets get?

LEIG is a good unit. No worse than the pack howitzer at any rate, probably better. A lot of what you listed is doctrinal, so I don't know what you want really. Sturmtiger is good, but a bit gimmicky (no clue why this is a vanilla faction unit).

I don't know when the last time I've seen anyone built a static artillery piece for any faction, honestly.

OKW has good long range anti-infantry infantry, so use that?
1 Aug 2014, 21:43 PM

What is your problem ?? several mobile arty ? you mean the M8 ?? this is a tracked buck of rubish ... The germans have the stuka and the stucka is rather effective against inf. And you don´t need a doctrin for the stuka the priest needs one ...
1 Aug 2014, 21:44 PM

Correct. They are not. Thats why it something else in the 50 fuel range (obviously more powerful than the LEIG) that can rival chosing the HT to deal with US infantry blob and maxim spam.

stukka is strong. raketenwerfer has great range and does good dmg to blobs. flak halftrack does great against blobs. well placed panzer headquarters stops blobs from being able to move up. Luchs does fine against blobs unless they have a lot of zooks. sturmtiger is capable of wiping blobs. you were also considering all allied artillery wermacht has plenty of artillery so consider that too.
1 Aug 2014, 21:47 PM

Permanently Banned
Well if mortars don't count, why did you list them as artillery that soviets get?

LEIG is a good unit. No worse than the pack howitzer at any rate, probably better. A lot of what you listed is doctrinal, so I don't know what you want really. Sturmtiger is good, but a bit gimmicky (no clue why this is a vanilla faction unit).

I don't know when the last time I've seen anyone built a static artillery piece for any faction, honestly.

OKW has good long range anti-infantry infantry, so use that?

It faily to deal with spam with Leig. It it more a sniper than anything else.

Something similar to SU-76. Perhaps a unit with the area of effect damage as Zis3 for early game....
1 Aug 2014, 21:48 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 21:43 PMChris
What is your problem ?? several mobile arty ? you mean the M8 ?? this is a tracked buck of rubish ... The germans have the stuka and the stucka is rather effective against inf. And you don´t need a doctrin for the stuka the priest needs one ...

Im asking for Early game options....in 50-60 fuel range.
1 Aug 2014, 21:52 PM

Im asking for Early game options....in 50-60 fuel range.

Why allies do not have one?
1 Aug 2014, 21:53 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 21:52 PMRocket

Why allies do not have one?

Su-76, Zis Barrage. Pack Howitzer, US mortar HT

Anything else?

1 Aug 2014, 21:55 PM

Anything else?

su 76 is not an early game option, mortar halftrack is the same as any mortor other than its on a track pack howitzer is pretty much the same as rakkenwerfer ill maybe give you the zis barrage but you can simply move out of it?
1 Aug 2014, 21:55 PM

Anything else?

The Infanteriegeschütz ? This little arty gun ?? This is early arty from the Okw. The US havn´t better one ...
1 Aug 2014, 21:56 PM

How is the pack howitzer, zis or su-76 (who the hell builds that?) any better than the leig? None of those are good against blobs, they would all be overrun.
1 Aug 2014, 21:58 PM

Anything else?

You need to gain a minimum of 180 fuel to get an SU-76. Much early game. You in fact get a stuka much earlier than it is even possible to build an su-76.

US Mortar HT is still bad after the buff. Ostheer mortar ht is much stronger for same price.

Pack Howitzer comes much later than ISG and costs more and is still weaker. Even if you don't want to acknowledge that.

ZiS Barrage is true, but I doubt you want an artillery piece that costs 60 muni for every weak and easily dodged volley that can't clear a single obstacle in the way.
1 Aug 2014, 21:59 PM

Not saying its bad.

Im saying Building stuka is a risk. 100 fuel is a alot. Need more options in the lower range fuel for early game counters.

At a total of 140 fuel the stuka is the fastest arriving big arty in the game. There is a risk to using your first 140 fuel to rush it but that early of a stuka can pay off big if you defend it properly. If you want earlier artillery the LEIG is a very safe buy and will consistently bleed your opponent MP. It, like all mortars, isn't going to be the ultimate infantry hard counter you seem to want early game though.

If you want a 50-60 fuel early game vehicle based infantry counter buy a 251/17 and learn how to micro it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★