Login

russian armor

A Guide to 2v2 as OKW

28 Oct 2014, 22:13 PM

Great guide LemonJuice. If you get the time I think it would be very helpful to write abit how to work as a team of double OKW or OKW+OH?
What do you say or do to get random players working as team?

Alot of Ostheer players in 2vs2 random totally fail to support the OKW player which usually result in a loss. At some bad days its like 9 out of 10 Ostheer players fail to fufill their role.

OH-OKW have good synergy and OH can cover the weakness of OKW. Fuel caches, gren faust, mobile ht to reinforce volks/obers blob, P4 spam, mortar HT, vet3 mortars with elite vet, pak40/stug stun etc. OH might be weak in 1vs1 but they can be amazing good support for OKW in 2vs2.
Also if OKW support the OH with medic truck and shreaks, OH can spend most munitions to help lock down one fuel with S-mines/bunkers or get gren lmg spam until OKW have obers.

Many OH players play 2vs2 random like it was 1vs1. Divide map in half and try to defend or attack points at the opposite end of where OKW have the trucks. Then OH lose his side and quit because he cant defend and/or attack well without OKW which are busy defending where the trucks are. Instead it should be OH supporting so OKW can be more mobile in attacking with the volks/ober blob..
While doctrine are important its at least equally important learning working as a team to have good synergy.

Yeah I admit I am guilty of splitting matches into two 1v1, but at least try to send some support over if my teammate is falling behind. Some of it is also communication. I hate allies who never type, but just spam the attack here button, even when I am still healing squads or are already engaged and can't pull out.

The guide could definitely use a revision post October patch.
28 Oct 2014, 22:32 PM
Patrion 310

One balance problem of 2vs2 randoms are when you get matched against AT teams which does not seem fair. It seems playing at non-prime times are the best way to get more fair matches (to avoid AT teams).
3 Nov 2014, 14:12 PM

Thought I should share my current 2v2 Build Orders:

Kubel
Volk
Volk
Medic HQ
Retreat Point(If needed)
Volk
Raketenwerfer(Can be built slightly later if not expecting any fast armor)
Flak HQ
Ober
Luchs(Depends on spammed enemy infantry, I will not build it if I go for Panzerfusiliers)
Ober
Panther
Mech HQ
Then whatever I feel I need for the match.

Interjected in their might be MG34s, Panzerfusiliers depending on map and what my opponent produces (you should always be flexible, which I find some people have a hard time of). I will get a Walking Stuka only if I find the enemy blobbing support weapons. King Tiger only comes out if I have the fuel and the enemy is spamming armor really late game.

I used to go Mech HQ into Puma, but I find going Medic HQ into Flak HQ then getting quick Luchs works almost better, due to the Luchs being able to take on light vehicles and infantry really well. It doesn't scale as well into late game, but I find not building Mech HQ removes the temptation of converting munis into fuel too early. Unfortunately, I rarely can afford mines anymore since the lowering of munis to 80%. :/

I rarely build the Jagdtiger, Flak HT, Jagdpanzer IV, or Ieg support gun; they just seem mediocre or very micro intensive and I already go heavy infantry build so I shouldn't add fuel to the fire.
3 Nov 2014, 14:27 PM

nice write, much appreciated!
3 Nov 2014, 16:29 PM

What NOT to do as OKW in 2v2:

Notice how my ally builds his first truck early and extremely close to the front lines. Notice how he fails to tell me he is building it right there until it is too late. Notice how I have to transverse the entire map to save him from his blunder. Notice how quickly his trucks get destroyed by being right in the heaviest fighting area of that map (lots of arty and AT guns). Notice how useless he is for the rest of the match with no infrastructure...

3 Nov 2014, 19:11 PM

Thought I should share my current 2v2 Build Orders:

Kubel
Volk
Volk
Medic HQ
Retreat Point(If needed)
Volk
Raketenwerfer(Can be built slightly later if not expecting any fast armor)
Flak HQ
Ober
Luchs(Depends on spammed enemy infantry, I will not build it if I go for Panzerfusiliers)
Ober
Panther
Mech HQ
Then whatever I feel I need for the match.

Interjected in their might be MG34s, Panzerfusiliers depending on map and what my opponent produces (you should always be flexible, which I find some people have a hard time of). I will get a Walking Stuka only if I find the enemy blobbing support weapons. King Tiger only comes out if I have the fuel and the enemy is spamming armor really late game.

I used to go Mech HQ into Puma, but I find going Medic HQ into Flak HQ then getting quick Luchs works almost better, due to the Luchs being able to take on light vehicles and infantry really well. It doesn't scale as well into late game, but I find not building Mech HQ removes the temptation of converting munis into fuel too early. Unfortunately, I rarely can afford mines anymore since the lowering of munis to 80%. :/

I rarely build the Jagdtiger, Flak HT, Jagdpanzer IV, or Ieg support gun; they just seem mediocre or very micro intensive and I already go heavy infantry build so I shouldn't add fuel to the fire.

the retreat point isnt really necessary until the mid game. with a forward medic truck you can just walk back. you have to overextend to make walking back dangerous. also its better to make your medic truck after the 2nd unit you purchase, because at that point there is not enough enemy units on the field to kill it. since youre saving 300 mp you can purchase another unit.

flak hq needs to go up at exactly 80 fuel, as fast as possible. this means getting it around 7 minute mark. do the math to make sure youll have 200 manpower when you have 80 fuel and make sure the truck is already in a spot you want to place it.

also converting munitions to fuel is never a good idea unless you have both munition points, or no longer need munitions for shreks/offmaps/mines. the amount of munitions income you lose compared to the fuel you gain is pretty disproportional. Flak HT is a regular purchase for me in the late game vs Airborne since you shoot down p47s down extremely effectively.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★