Login

russian armor

Balance for OKW on 1v1?

28 Jul 2014, 20:36 PM

Permanently Banned
With equals fuels a player with OKW is always in loose way, they need try catch the 2 fuels points.

The fuels costs to OKW make you buy 1 tank when the enemy get 3...

Where is balance? For 1v1 dont exist. You will win with OKW yes, if the enemy are noob or make so many mistakes, is very hard loose with more tanks and the big delay difference on put that tanks.

80 fuel cost to build a truck with flak cannon that dont kill anything is soo much!!!

Volks with bazookas is no real AT, Rak43 is blinded, soo... wtf!?!?!
28 Jul 2014, 20:45 PM

I don't play OKW, but play against them 1v1 and 2v2 often as soviet. They have all the vehicles they need available readily. For example, you can get ht in 6 min or puma in 7 min.

From what I have seen, the main problem for OKW is the m3 scout car. OKW has no early counter for it and it can cause allot of loss of territory and resources in the early game, but in a sense a soviet players needs it because they have no early counter to sturmpioneers.
28 Jul 2014, 20:48 PM

I think outside of a few difficult situations (early M3 Scout Car, the AAHT from US sometimes), the OKW seem pretty well balanced for 1v1.

The crippled fuel income means you can't build as much armour, but I would argue the vehicles that are available, as well as their non-fuel options are better than other armies.

270 for the Racketenwerfer is cheap, it required work to get good results, but it can be lethal against enemy armour. Now that their muni income is back to regular levels, they can afford to get a good number of Panzershrecks out to keep light vehicles at bay and even threaten medium tanks.

Don't forget that their tech costs are lower than most players. Only 30 fuel for Medic or Repair trucks, then 80 fuel for the Flak Truck.
Compare that with 40/50 Fuel for Soviet T1/2 buildings, then 120 for T3/4.

I find that even with crippled fuel I can get to the Flak Truck and put out a Luchs to counter light vehicles and infantry, then hold the line until I can get a Panther/Command Panther.

If I wanted to mix things up, I could go for Jagdpanzers instead.

EDIT: In terms of dealing with M3 Scout Cars, I've found the best approach is to keep my infantry together and just focus fire them. Small arms will do enough to force it away if not outright destroy it. Then they have MP and Fuel tied up in repairs while I can continue to spread out for a bit. I fear going for early racketenwerfers because its just too easy for it to get decrewed without good support.
28 Jul 2014, 21:46 PM

Get 4 panzerfusiliers + officer. Upgrade G43s. Run around the map and focus fire infantry. Avoid tanks. Drink schnapps.
28 Jul 2014, 22:14 PM

Ahh it's been a while since I last way a Bravus thread. Ahh the good old days.

OKW are fine in 1v1. The only way you are going to get outnumbered 3:1 in tanks is when you build all your tech and then go for a panther.

A Jagdpanzer is available from T2. You start with enough fuel to get T2 right of the bat. A puma is available from T3. You start with enough fuel to get T3 right of the bat. Use these units and suddenly you will find yourself doing just fine. OKW is not about massing übertanks and übersoldaten.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight