Login

russian armor

Quit Whining about the Easy Eight

• This thread is locked
27 Jul 2014, 19:34 PM

The Easy 8 is a very good tank but Axis players have got it all wrong about the balance.

1. It's still inferior to the panther, tiger, and anything else heavy. It can manhandle the P4 and Stug but it's going down against a panther unless the panther is damaged

2. Yeah you can pop a 2nd Easy 8 and have tank superiority but one slight problem. They're still fragile compared to axis tanks and they are micro intensive. You lose an E8 and that's it. Sure, the same applies to a panther, but it's easier to micro only 1 unit.

3. This is the most important point. Consider the context. Axis late game is so much stronger. The E8 is a deathblow. Consider the infantry AT weapons supporting the panther and the E8. The bazooka is worthless almost. It doesn't do any damage if it pens. The shrek on the other hand can really mess up an E8. And if you're fighting tank to tank without supporting arms, you're a fucking noob. The Rakten sucks yes but you don't need it if you have panthers out. Shreks supporting a panther are fine.

This all comes down to map of course. But most maps in COH 2 are small for some reason, which favors Axis tanks.
27 Jul 2014, 19:37 PM

Easy 8 is too cheap for what it can deliver. No discussion.
27 Jul 2014, 19:39 PM

How so? It's mediocre against infantry and nothing special against tanks. It's the only decent tank the USF has.

Way to respond to my points though
27 Jul 2014, 19:42 PM

How so? It's mediocre against infantry and nothing special against tanks. It's the only decent tank the USF has.

Way to respond to my points though

You are completely wrong in all you assumptions.
Easy8 is millions of times better than panther.
easy8 is way too cheap for how good it is.
easy8 comes out at too early cp.
those are the facts if you fail to see it then you are blind.
27 Jul 2014, 19:44 PM

Cost, as a balancing tool, is one of timing and not one of performance. If a unit is overperforming, adjusting the cost will not fix it. If a unit is coming out too early or too late, cost can be used to tweak it.

The Easy 8 cost more than a Jackson and is the most expensive tank Americans can build.

I won't comment on performance because I haven't seen or used it yet, but I will say that tweaking the cost isn't really going to fix anything that may be wrong with the unit. Given the history of these forums though, I'm willing to bet people are just whining and don't really know what they are talking about.

I could see an issue of it coming out too early because of CP's, since it doesn't require the Major like the regular tanks do.

27 Jul 2014, 19:48 PM

Cost, as a balancing tool, is one of timing and not one of performance. If a unit is overperforming, adjusting the cost will not fix it. If a unit is coming out too early or too late, cost can be used to tweak it.

The Easy 8 cost more than a Jackson and is the most expensive tank Americans can build.

I won't comment on performance because I haven't seen or used it yet,

that is where your post should have stopped.
27 Jul 2014, 19:53 PM

I could see an issue of it coming out too early because of CP's, since it doesn't require the Major like the regular tanks do.

This is the problem, you can totally skip the major and at a measly 9CP you will have enough fuel saved up.
27 Jul 2014, 19:58 PM

You are completely wrong in all you assumptions.
Easy8 is millions of times better than panther.
easy8 is way too cheap for how good it is.
easy8 comes out at too early cp.
those are the facts if you fail to see it then you are blind.

Good points. E8 is maybe best tank in this moment in game. Good price and great performance against tanks and infantry. Also decent speed.
27 Jul 2014, 20:09 PM

Permanently Banned

Why no discussion? Is it only allowed to have one opinion here? I reported you.

The Easy Eight is finally a usable and non-garbage tank on ally side. Please leave it as it is now!
27 Jul 2014, 20:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge

using the F word doesn't make your insults more effective.

close thread.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 56
unknown 22
United States 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %